The online racing simulator
Same here

That was quite enjoyable, but not as spectacular as it could have been, apart from the first few hours. Roll on Paul Ricard 8h
Nice racing. Got a bit dull as the night fell. Audi could of made this so much better.

To sum it up for me:

Porsche tire fights.
Corvette pit failure.
A Ferrari on fire.
Bourdais spins.
Peugeot 1-2. Shocker.

Quote from DevilDare :Nice racing. Got a bit dull as the night fell. Audi could of made this so much better.

To sum it up for me:

Porsche tire fights.
Corvette pit failure.
A Ferrari on fire.
Bourdais spins.
Peugeot 1-2. Shocker.

you forgot pirro failing a suicide attempt!

awesome race though, watched the whole 12h..... now, im gonna get a life... =D
True! How did I forget that!

But yeah. Going to bed now.
LOl i was in this chat and every time some buddy crashed i said was it a falken tyre?
I was away whole weekend, gosh. From what r u saying it was quite cool race...
Cool in a way that it wasn't exactly sweaty experience as a viewer...
Does anyone know the streaming address for Radio Lemans? I'd like to add it to my Radiolist in Winamp, without the need to open Opera everytime, but I cant find a direct link.
Quote from ACCAkut :Does anyone know the streaming address for Radio Lemans? I'd like to add it to my Radiolist in Winamp, without the need to open Opera everytime, but I cant find a direct link.

I have the same question.
i think i'm in love.
Amg, it's a seagull on wheels! (c wat i did thar). Looks great, must say.
Hmmm....

Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
Audi R8 GT3
Porsche 911 GT3

Vain
Let's hope the ALMS opens GTC to other brands than Porsche for next season. Would be awesome to see all those cars against each other in proper races!
Quote from Gil07 :Let's hope the ALMS opens GTC to other brands than Porsche for next season. Would be awesome to see all those cars against each other in proper races!

As far as I know GTC isn't GT3 spec, but (even) slower... So every team would have to buy a GT3 car and still modify it to enter ALMS, but most small teams probably won't do that (cost)...
I hope ALMS gets rid of GTC (returns support race status) next year because I am optimistic and I hope it's no longer needed to boost grid numbers.
I don't think that will happen, especially after hearing Wolfgang Ulrich of Audi saying it's their goal to compete in the ALMS GTC.

We still need a second (or first) GT class, after the death of GT1. I think GTC is a reasonably good solution, still needs some balancing but it's better than having 2 GT1 cars in a race like at Paul Ricard...
Needed why? GT1 killed itself in ALMS. In addition of simply removing a dead class I think it was also meant to make things more viewer friendly.

LMPC probably was in the planning since ACO started it in Europe last year already but I think GTC was simply added to boost grid numbers. Also LMPC might "become" the new LMP2 in 2011, or at least it provides a reserve for future LMP2 cars.

If Audi wants to compete in GT, they should build a GT2 car and compete in the class that has the same cars it is competing with in the showrooms.
audi planned to developp a GT2 car but LMPC isn't gong to become LMP2...Formula Le Mans is like an endurance school for young drivers. The FLM09 is based on the old Courage LC75 that ORECA bought three years ago.

In 2011 LMP1 gonna be almost the same of current LMP2 (in faster) and LMP2 gonna be something like FiA CN in faster with some better chassis.
Quote from deggis :Needed why? GT1 killed itself in ALMS. In addition of simply removing a dead class I think it was also meant to make things more viewer friendly.

LMPC probably was in the planning since ACO started it in Europe last year already but I think GTC was simply added to boost grid numbers. Also LMPC might "become" the new LMP2 in 2011, or at least it provides a reserve for future LMP2 cars.

If Audi wants to compete in GT, they should build a GT2 car and compete in the class that has the same cars it is competing with in the showrooms.

I completely agree Audi should do GT2, but that's not the point. I really think GTC is there to stay in the ALMS.

Of course, a single class GT field with the same amount of entries as GT2 + GTC would be even better, but I think the ACO/IMSA want 2 GT classes, with 1 being cheaper so smaller teams can enter.

LMPC is another matter, with the 2011 rules it seems like it will be a base for the new LMP2 cars, which sounds good since that's essentially supposed to be a class for privateers. Maybe give a choice of a couple more chassis and engines so it isn't a spec class, but keep it very tightly regulated to reduce costs. Then let the manufacturers battle it out in LMP1 and I'm happy
Quote from BlueFlame :I have the same question.

I wrote them, this is what returned:
Quote :Sir

I'm sorry but we don't give out a stream address or recommend that our listeners link directly to the stream. This is mostly due to the fact that our servers are set up to balance the demand over a number of streams. In addition the player software detects what device and Operating System is connecting and selects the appropriate stream and format for each request.

so no direct link available
Well, I'd like to run it in winamp and not some shitty browser popup!!!! ARGH
Very nice. New livery is hot IMO.

Cant wait to see PUG put back into their place where they belong.
Sexy as hell

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG