The online racing simulator
Max Mosley has announced that all the cars are illegal and that the budget for next years race must be within the cost of a cap gun and bottle cap. All cars must be fitted with kinetic energy recovery systems (read: bicycle pedals) and a standard engine will be used (from a Tamiya radio control car). The race will be reduced to 2 hours as a cost saving measure, the teams must the same set of tyres that they used in the 1986 race, and teams are not allowed to work on the car between arrival at the circuit and the chequered flag waving. If the teams dont like it they can form their own championship and make their own rules, but Le Mans is "mine mine mine schnell burn the jew mine mine mine"
Is there any video stream of practice?
The Ferraris failing is news to me, but as for the Peugeot/Aston Martin vs. Audi headbutting, it's just rediculous. There is absolutely nothing illegal with the Audi. Furthermore, it was deemed legal and fully homologated before Sebring. Peugeot and Aston Martin are just throwing their toys out of the pram because they weren't smart enough to read around the rules properly.

What Audi did should be encouraged, and what Peugeot and Aston Martin are doing should be punished, quite frankly. Whiney tarts.

(For the record, I'm not an Audi fan)
was plannin on going to the race this year but money means we cant but i am gonna do the full 24 on tv, managed 19 hours last year, and im gonna be on the eurosport forums to especially if theve got the up all night club going again
Quote :What Audi did should be encouraged, and what Peugeot and Aston Martin are doing should be punished, quite frankly. Whiney tarts.

As far as I know the complaint is from Peugeot not Aston Martin.
Quote from Becky Rose :As far as I know the complaint is from Peugeot not Aston Martin.

I've been reading that it's coming from the both of them
There is one good thing about this protest stuff, it shows that ACO (French) and Peugeot (French) are not in the same boat all the time
Quote from deggis :There is one good thing about this protest stuff, it shows that ACO (French) and Peugeot (French) are not in the same boat all the time

Even the French don't like the French!
Quote from james12s :was plannin on going to the race this year but money means we cant but i am gonna do the full 24 on tv, managed 19 hours last year, and im gonna be on the eurosport forums to especially if theve got the up all night club going again

Other than allegedly the Eurosport Player (which you have to pay for), I haven't found anything that broadcasts all 24h... Everybody seem to just make hourly summaries with a longer bit at start/finish...
???? last year euro sport had all 24 just spread acrossed 2 channels, ill check that out

edit: from what ive just read they are showing it all spread between eurosport an eurosport 2
Quote from MAGGOT :Even the French don't like the French!

The problem is who is going to win?

The french are not known for that.
Quote from bbman :Other than allegedly the Eurosport Player (which you have to pay for), I haven't found anything that broadcasts all 24h... Everybody seem to just make hourly summaries with a longer bit at start/finish...

I can recommend Eurosport Player. Yeah it costs 4,90 € (one month subscription, but think about €/hour...). Payment is quick and Paypal works too.

http://player.eurosport.com

There are 24/7 streams of Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosport News (last one is useless though) and separate streams for certain events.

Windows Media, three different quality options, decent (400x300 @ 450 and 700 kbps) or damn great (768x576 @ 1,2 mbps). It is also possible to open the stream in external player.

Screenshot: http://torttu.com/dump/eurosport_player.png

At least beats crappy justin.tv streams.
Quote from Becky Rose :As far as I know the complaint is from Peugeot not Aston Martin.

Seems Peugeot is who is lodging (well, lodged) the official complaint but some of the AM guys have been heard to be making comments as well. No official complaints, though.
So what time Le mans will be? From this saturday to sunday?
Yup, starting at 14:00 GMT I think (or is it 14:00 local time).
What time does the practise / qualy start UK time?

Edit - Dont worry, found it
Quote :Thursday 11 june

19h00 / 21h00 : Qualifying practice sessions 24 Heures du Mans
22h:00 / 24h00 : Qualifying practice sessions 24 Heures du Mans

Saturday 13 june

08h30 / 09h15 : Warm-Up 24 Heures du Mans
09h30 / 10h15 : Race of Le Mans Legend
10h30 / 11h30 : Race of (12 tours) 1 tour de formation Formula Le Mans Cup
14h22 : Beginning of starting procedure
15h00 : Start of the 77th race of the 24 Heures du Mans

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/horaires_gb.html

These are local (Paris) time... use this idiot-proof timezone converter
Quote from deggis :I can recommend Eurosport Player. Yeah it costs 4,90 € (one month subscription, but think about €/hour...). Payment is quick and Paypal works too.

http://player.eurosport.com

There are 24/7 streams of Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosport News (last one is useless though) and separate streams for certain events.

Windows Media, three different quality options, decent (400x300 @ 450 and 700 kbps) or damn great (768x576 @ 1,2 mbps). It is also possible to open the stream in external player.

Screenshot: http://torttu.com/dump/eurosport_player.png

At least beats crappy justin.tv streams.

Yep, just bought that, very nice Where's the "open in external player" option though, can't find it?
Right mouse click -> properties -> copy & paste url... this url tends to change often and you need to be logged in.
Phew, i almost thought Pug was going to end up like ferrari last year celebrating too early . I still have a bad feeling it will be a repeat performance of last year. Some teams like Kolles, Krohn, and the lamborghini should really be taken out of the race because they obviously don't have anything working for them. The sessions were just horrid, from the lambo constantly breaking down on the side of the track, to Kolles getting in the way and krohn spinning out every other corner.

Other than that, i'm at least happy to see aston martin so close behind the audis. If pug falls behind too far, they'll have to fend off aston instead of this being such a 1 sided race of playing catch-up.
Please help. Where will the live-stream from Le Mans???

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG