The online racing simulator
Imo it just looks like someones playing GT4 and has shopped that GT5 DEMO, or its just a background with a shopped icon etc.. lol, So many possibilitys, but its proberly fake

Edit: This pic shows some more,

beside the fact that this screen combines English, Italian and Japanese, i can't make sense from those menu points. And what does that menu stuff with the white background do? Looks like one can choose between different demo modes here (SLS on Nür, WRC, GT500). On the other hand it throws out names we know GT5 contains, to make this seem legit ?
Quote from ACCAkut :beside the fact that this screen combines English, Italian and Japanese, i can't make sense from those menu points. And what does that menu stuff with the white background do? Looks like one can choose between different demo modes here (SLS on Nür, WRC, GT500). On the other hand it throws out names we know GT5 contains, to make this seem legit ?

Yeah its basicly the different builds that u can play on 'Apparently', I personally dont think its real and we wont get a demo, just the full game when its ever released
it's real, but a press demo collection

these pics are taken from it, and the guy said the SLS had mechanical damage

Quote :I'm not sure about the behaviour of the car, I think the damage afected it, because the direction works worst (or maybe my imagination) and the aerodinamic of the car is affected too (the car sometimes when was very damage try to "fly", the front wheels lost the ground).
I don't know how to explain it, better a picture, the car did this
http://img.motorpasion.com/200 ... t_hemi_under_glass-01.jpg

Bonnet popped open

Torrent pl0x!!! :d
Quote from TiJay :Hmm.... Assuming the PS button was pressed in game, and the Quit Game icon is above the XMB, this could be real...

Game demos are listed at the very bottom of the "Game" section of the XMB, so yes, "Quit Game" will be above the XMB and therefore out of shot.
Guess it was good GT5 was delayed

Quote :Hello everyone,

It has been a while since the last time I posted on these forums.
We are all aching from anticipation while waiting for this game to finally come out...

I have some interesting news:

A colleague of mine, whom is onsite at Mclaren Hq in Woking England, blew me out of the water when he told me that he saw a Gran Turismo crew there today.

They were a large group of Japanese employees (obviously) scanning and taking pictures of the Mp4-12c and the F1-GTR.

Yeah just delay it instead of making it downloadable content,that's pretty clever.
No need really, Mp4-12c is an ugly car, and i don't need it if they'll just copy-paste the physics from some other car onto it.. I wish i could somehow get confession out of someone from PD, to tell me on which cars they worked the most, to get them behave like the real version the most, as they can't tell me that all 1000+ recieved the same treatment..
Quote from Boris Lozac :No need really, Mp4-12c is an ugly car, and i don't need it if they'll just copy-paste the physics from some other car onto it.. I wish i could somehow get confession out of someone from PD, to tell me on which cars they worked the most, to get them behave like the real version the most, as they can't tell me that all 1000+ recieved the same treatment..

As far as i know (from what i've seen in an interview with kaz, it's a few weeks/months old tough), PD has a physics engine, where they can just enter the cars data (like weight, hp, spring rates, tyre dimensions, etc...). It didn't sound like they are fine tuning cars. They can get the data from the car manufacturer and feed their engine with it.

Didn't you realise yet, that they spend most of their time on 3d models and textures?
Well to work like that, they would have to have one hell of a realistic physics engine...
Let`s face it, GT2 wass the best of all GT saga

GT5 is only "Fancy 2010" gfx and eye candy and nothing more , More basic what aim GT5 is a extravagant Screenshot generator.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well to work like that, they would have to have one hell of a realistic physics engine...

I do believe it is how every sim is made though.

Most of it is approximation and guess work, cos even if you have the exact suspension geometry and all spring rates/damping rates. Your game engine might simply not be sophisitcated enough to turn those datas into realistic handling.

Think about the amount of cars today which has progressive damping, all those cars cannot be fully represented unless someone develop the formula for progressive damping in a game.

And if you involve active suspension control (which is now rather common in newer cars), you will be even more out of depth, cos the programming behind the real cars will be trade secrets, to replicate them, you will have to make up your own.
Quote from Boris Lozac :No need really, Mp4-12c is an ugly car, and i don't need it if they'll just copy-paste the physics from some other car onto it.. I wish i could somehow get confession out of someone from PD, to tell me on which cars they worked the most, to get them behave like the real version the most, as they can't tell me that all 1000+ recieved the same treatment..

You know it's going to have a million Skylines, Evos, Imprezas, RX-7s, Civics et al right? They could easy reuse the physics files for those models

Quote from Inouva :This video show the physics of the objects are better that the physics for cars in the game...

Quote from Inouva :GT5 is only "Fancy 2010" gfx and eye candy and nothing more , More basic what aim GT5 is a extravagant Screenshot generator.

You suck at trolling.
Yeap, That's what Kaz said re the Physics engine, and that was the case for GT4, but off course the physics engine is a lot more sophisticated and better now

Article goes into it a bit with GT4 and the Ford GT
http://www.insideline.com/ford ... -vs-gt4-introduction.html

It obviously worked well to some degree, because all the cars in GT4 drove and felt different, with a wheel, despite some low speed physics engine issues. The Ford GT in GT4 tended to snap over steer if you taxed the limit of the tyres, no progressive under steer or over steer. Pretty noticeable on that final turn at Tsukuba on N2 tyres. But you could rotate it under braking a bit just like in the above article.
While the old GT40 race car handled superbly on the same tyres, and was quite progressive when the rear end came out....
Contrary to popular belief, GT4 was not an under steering pig for every car. Take a Shelby Cobra out and tell me that thing is not a drift machine, or an old RUF Yellow Bird for that matter

Forza 3 is no different, except you get some assistance whether you want it or not
http://jalopnik.com/5480781/in ... -physics-of-driving-games
Quote from gtpsharky :

You suck at trolling.

Plz explain yourself , Why i`m trolling.

And Not my intention trolling or whatever you call me, i never trolled so, STFU.
By the way, I agree with Inouva with that.
Quote from jibber :As far as i know (from what i've seen in an interview with kaz, it's a few weeks/months old tough), PD has a physics engine, where they can just enter the cars data (like weight, hp, spring rates, tyre dimensions, etc...). It didn't sound like they are fine tuning cars. They can get the data from the car manufacturer and feed their engine with it.

Sounds like the tables they use in rFactor, or am I misreading?

LFS uses a mathmatical way to approach physics, I'm not sure about iRacing, and I am pretty positive on rFactor using tables (one reason it is easy to make mods). If they could make the tables as accurate as rF (not saying they are amazing) then I'd enjoy this game, if not then it'll be the first GT I didn't buy.
should get ready for chrismas too.
Quote from Inouva :Plz explain yourself , Why i`m trolling.

And Not my intention trolling or whatever you call me, i never trolled so, STFU.

You said the physics of the objects are better than the physics of the cars, which is a load of crock. You then went on to say that GT5 is nothing more than an "extravagant screenshot generator", which is also a load of BS. Do you own an Xbox, by any chance?

GT2 was the best racing game on the PS1, but of the series... no. That's a tossup between 3 and 4.
I hope by the time GT5 is released PD will implement real, or close to real steering ratios for the realistic/professional physics. Considering the availability for FFB wheels with 900° of steering, it is not unreasonable to expect realistic steering ratios.

From my experience with the GT5 time trial, the Nissan, in the trial, felt as sensitive as a single seater. When the wheel was turned passed about 180° the steering felt as though it had a progressive steering ratio. I know the car has a 14.7:1 fixed steering ratio. The car has speed sensitive power steering, but that has nothing to do with the steering ratio.

I can only hope that this all gets worked out by the time of GT5's release. As long as there is an option to use realistic steering ratios for wheels with 900°+ of steering I will be happy. I think the vehicle performance will feel much more realistic with matching steering ratios for each car. It should be one of their variables that they could enter into the physic for each car. Steering ratio is just as important as the geometry of the suspension. It should not be left out.
Only an optimistic 20% will play Gt5 on a wheel, guess those with 720°+ wheels are below 10%. The rest will use the gamepad, so steering ratios aren't a high priority job i think On the other hand, for advertising purposes like the SLS, Ft-86 etc, where the manufactures provide full race cabinets ...

Btw, the pics from last page have been confirmed by various people on GTPlanet [->] so GT5 will have a bit more damage to roadcars than scratched paint and that demo menu screen is real

Quote :As we’ve known for a while now, Gran Turismo 5 will include two different damage models -- one for production cars, another for “race” cars. “Race” cars will show significant deformation and will have detachable hoods and doors, while production cars would show little more than paint scratches.

However, now that the latest GT5 demo (or whatever you want to call it) has allowed us to take a closer look, it appears that’s not entirely the case. As lherre first noticed on the SLS AMG, the front bumper became dislodged after impact. Now, we get to see even more as this Toyota FT-86 concept gets heavily abused around Tokyo, with both the front and rear bumpers coming loose. Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

and about the physics, PD said some time ago that they (in contrast to earlier games) started with a white paper, nothing was taken from GT4 or else, everything from scratch

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG