The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
but on atari's island there are some '' fictional '' roads that did not exist @ the north-west of the island.....
#77 - JJ72
I don't mind the inaccuracy as long as it is beautiful and a hoot to drive!
The bit I liked the most in TDU is the highway that cuts through the north east and south west, with two tunnel sections in between, the echo of the engine inside is mad, I hope there are more tunnels in TDU2.
Quote from JJ72 :I don't mind the inaccuracy as long as it is beautiful and a hoot to drive!
The bit I liked the most in TDU is the highway that cuts through the north east and south west, with two tunnel sections in between, the echo of the engine inside is mad, I hope there are more tunnels in TDU2.

japp,was also great for high speed testing
Quote from MadCat360 :The FFB on the Xbox was so bad I couldn't play it with a wheel, had to use the controller.

PC & H-Mode + G25 @ 720° for the win Not as epic as LFS is, but's still providing some pretty damn good action yo!
Quote from JJ72 :The bit I liked the most in TDU is the highway that cuts through the north east and south west, with two tunnel sections in between, the echo of the engine inside is mad, I hope there are more tunnels in TDU2.

that was awesome indeed
+1 for more tunnels in TDU2
they'd better fix CPU usage.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :they'd better fix CPU usage.

Just run Prime95 while you race. Fixed!

I still drive and cruise TDU, and I love it. Really looking forward to this. I'd love it even if the just fixed the low poly roads of TDU and re-released it.
Anyone seen the updated website?
http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/

The features look interesting. Those opitions in the car dealers are still there, But now I think we can also add vinyls to our cars. And check this out:

Quote :A whole new, out of car mode, where you can walk around shared spaces and interact with other players. New player run clubs are now a huge part of the game. New co-op play; follow the leader, keep your distance and enhance the experience within the social networking world.

So there is an area where you can walk and chat with people. So I guess TDU2 is a more grown up Midnight Club + PS Home.
The trailer was supposed to be out today, but it got delayed to next week
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Anyone seen the updated website?
http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/

The features look interesting. Those opitions in the car dealers are still there, But now I think we can also add vinyls to our cars. And check this out:

So there is an area where you can walk and chat with people. So I guess TDU2 is a more grown up Midnight Club + PS Home.

Wth?

I assume it'll be in SP too?
I dunno, but it would be kinda usless in SP. There is no fun talking to computers.
OMG!!!!! I FOUND MY CD FOR TDU!!!!!!!!!
Though i have to start all over again Once i get my pretty Zonda all will be fine
Apparently the game will feature both Ibiza AND Oahu.

Large game is large...

Also:
Quote :
- There will be 175 cars
- 99 houses
- 195 pieces of clothes
- 154 pieces of furniture
- 8 licenses ( maybe a driving school)
- Clubrating ( clubs can get rated by stars)
- you can enter the house of your friend.
- you can notice the difference between all wheel drive and rear wheel drive.
- about the wether: there will be storms.

Quote from MadCat360 :Large game is large...

> you can notice the difference between all wheel drive and rear wheel drive.

and absolutely not worth playing if they think this is something they should mention as a great new feature
2 islands and 175 cars?! :wow:

I'm not really interested in the PS-home side of TDU2 (furniture, clothing etc.) the cars and the roads are the most important part!
I hope there gonna be more FWD cars than in TDU1(there were ONE FWD car )
Quote from TypeRacing :I hope there gonna be more FWD cars than in TDU1(there were ONE FWD car )

Ye they shall not put any fwd's in the game.
Hot hatches are the only acceptable fwd's. Any other fwd's shouldn't be in the game imo.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :I'm gonna make my guy a total fat slob who wears a string vest and tatty jeans, and lives in a small barn and sleeps in hay.

But drives a Lambo.

Would be great if they also calculate mass of the driver then, so your car constantly wants to go to the left a bit.
175 cars aint much
It's not a lot, but it isn't nothing.

I would love it if a car would have like the same (or almost the same) 3d-models of 1 car, and make different types of it.
Diesel version, Petrol version, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 1.8t etc. etc. Hatchback, stationwagon, 5-door, 3-door, sedan etc. etc.
They did something like this in NFS Porsche IIRC. (one of the best games ever made)
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It's not a lot, but it isn't nothing.

I would love it if a car would have like the same (or almost the same) 3d-models of 1 car, and make different types of it.
Diesel version, Petrol version, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 1.8t etc. etc. Hatchback, stationwagon, 5-door, 3-door, sedan etc. etc.
They did something like this in NFS Porsche IIRC. (one of the best games ever made)

still, everyone would chose the bigger engine because it means more power. + power = + speed, and the list goes on...
id go DIESEL!!!
Quote from Bose321 :Would be great if they also calculate mass of the driver then, so your car constantly wants to go to the left a bit.

Well, seeing as the advertise that the FWD feels different from the RWD as a special feature I wouldn't hold my breath...
Quote from el pibe :still, everyone would chose the bigger engine because it means more power. + power = + speed, and the list goes on...

Yeah, obviously.

So that why they should make money a more important point of the game.

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG