The online racing simulator
Woop, D700, grip, 50/1.8, 85/1.8 just got here. 35/2 and 180/2.8 to follow.

p.s., nice stuff, Mikko.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Woop, D700, grip, 50/1.8, 85/1.8 just got here. 35/2 and 180/2.8 to follow.

p.s., nice stuff, Mikko.

Thanks mate, just rather random stuff so no big ambitions.

Imo I would have gone for a different lens lineup from the start (Nikkor 24-70/2.8) but I guess you're into primes.

Oh and I highly recommend the D3 battery for the grip. 8 FPS and couple of thousand frames with a single charge is nice (and you have a backup battery in the body also).

Enjoy and post pics soon!
Quote from spankmeyer :Thanks mate, just rather random stuff so no big ambitions.

Imo I would have gone for a different lens lineup from the start (Nikkor 24-70/2.8) but I guess you're into primes.

Oh and I highly recommend the D3 battery for the grip. 8 FPS and couple of thousand frames with a single charge is nice (and you have a backup battery in the body also).

Enjoy and post pics soon!

Yeah, I generally prefer primes, though I've been looking at the Tokina AT-X 28-70/2.8 for $2-300 as a cheap alternative to the Nikkor (not quite ready to lay down $1200+ on a single lens). Gets great reviews--apparently the main tradeoff is contrast and flare, both of which can be mitigated in and out of camera.

Forgot to mention I also picked up a Quantaray 24/2.8 (rebadged Sigma Mini-Wide II, which I have and love in Pentax mount--probably the sharpest 24 ever made), for $85.

Thanks for the tip on the battery!
Might also consider the Tamron 28-75/2.8. Had it in Pentax mount and loved it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pentax unveils 40MP 645D; MSRP $9,400

$10,000+ cheaper than the Leica and Mamiya competition, same sensor.

Looks funky but in the medium format territory 10k is pocket change.

EDIT: Shiiiiet they should DEFINITELY do a boat load of different colour options for the body! A pink-bright blue medium format camera would make me fondle my imaginary wallet.
Quote from spankmeyer :EDIT: Shiiiiet they should DEFINITELY do a boat load of different colour options for the body! A pink-bright blue medium format camera would make me fondle my imaginary wallet.

I think that if the image quality is there, this is gonna make them a crapload of money. They need to get the 645/67 lenses back into production, though—which may be a problem as a lot of their designs have leaded glass elements, etc, which are banned in the EU and other places.
I simply love the DBS, my favorite car. Specially in this color.

<3 D700:

I love it so much!

Collecting my first film tomorrow, really excited to see the results.
Lovely shots there DWB. Very jealous of your D700 - I wish Sony would bring out a D700-style camera.

Quote :

How many megapixels does that beauty have?
Had my first complete disaster shoot today as the weather threw a sucker punch. Relied on awesome sunsets we had on Monday and Tuesday and got thick, dull, gray, overcast with not a single break in the clouds. In addition to some rather heavy facepalming and mishaps in a couple of shoots lately I'm not really feeling the love so cheer me up with pics!
That's alright, Spanky. Just drop in those awesome sunsets from previous shoots!

Some more recent stuff:

(angry cat)

Nice dwb

Have a sunset on me

i ordered a t1i today, CANT WAIT, my first dslr.
They are real. The planes tow the gliders. One of the few places in the world where it happens. They have competitions in the summer so i can look out my window and watch gliders doing loop the loops and corkscrews. magnificent for avaitaion around me. Lasham airport one side of me, Odiham RAF airport the other side, and the gatwick/heathrow flight path is about 2 miles skywards so no sound but lots of planes

We have biplanes too
Just a simple one on auto with my new D3000
Attached images
DSC_0038_sm.jpg
A pic I made in HDR of various shots to a friend's car...

Click to view in bigger res.

I haven't been able to avoid the typical halos of HDR and I tried the process several times with different values to avoid this. :\
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Just a simple one on auto with my new D3000

Kit lens? If you're not into post-processing, maybe try experimenting with the Picture Control settings to get some more pop for macro stuff. Try tapping in some negative exposure compensation for deeper colours too, you don't have to leave auto mode.

Quote from DiSCiPuLo :A pic I made in HDR of various shots to a friend's car...

Click to view in bigger res.

I haven't been able to avoid the typical halos of HDR and I tried the process several times with different values to avoid this. :\

It's actually compressed dynamic range. With cars it's simple to mask it out from background and process the subject and background separately and avoid the halo. Path tool and bezier curves is the best for high fidelity mask but quick selection tool with dicking around in edge refine works for quick and dirty masking but might choke your computer if the original pic is in the 4k range.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that method in another photo soon...

P.S. I forgot to say but it's a HDR from a single shot, there is also the problem I suppose.
Sunrise at Holy Island
Finally, I've been out somewhere with the camera this year! I'm going to make much more of an effort in future to take photos and process them and post them, otherwise they all just sit on my hard drive.

Sorry for the watermarks, but blame the upcoming Digital Economy Bill and the orphan rights it contains - I'm not letting anyone take my copyright, no matter how shit the images are.

Anyways, these were taken a couple of weekends ago, looking out at Holy Island (Lindisfarne) off the Northumberland coast.

More of the series and some sunrise tips have been posted on my new little photography hobby blog.
some recent macro-stuff
Attached images
IMG_9488.jpg
IMG_9502.jpg
IMG_9514.jpg
More recent stuff:

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG