The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Nice, Forbin!
I wish you many happy miles with it.

Silent, it looks even sexier with full fairings IMHO, but I guess that is only for the UK market (and E-Bay ) or for first few series?
Don't know really, all I know we (Croatia) never had full fairing model .
Sold my Aprilia, now thinking about something cheap and cheerfull for a few months in the summer............

I am thinking ZX7R, bit of an old skool vibe, and arguably one of the best looking bikes every made..........

edit : scratch that, christ they've gone up in price!!!
They're frakin heavy too.
So am I
I would buy a RC30 anyday*, and that a old and heavy bike with only 120hp out of the crate.
but what a bike*drewl*

*if i had the money
Quote from Tumz(DK) :I would buy a RC30 anyday*, and that a old and heavy bike with only 120hp out of the crate.
but what a bike*drewl*

*if i had the money

RC45 if you've got even more money.

Considered a Gixxer 750 or 1000 Dan? K1's are pretty cheap and still plenty fast enough.
Quote from beefyman666 :RC45 if you've got even more money.

I'd rather have the RC30. Some prefer the mother, some prefer the daughter. Since original RVF750 wasn't a road bike, i'll have the mother(in this case). My last road bike was a '93 NC30, wonder why......
Quote from danowat :Sold my Aprilia, now thinking about something cheap and cheerfull for a few months in the summer............

I am thinking ZX7R, bit of an old skool vibe, and arguably one of the best looking bikes every made..........

Why not look at a c1/2 ZX9?
Quote from danowat :Sold my Aprilia, now thinking about something cheap and cheerfull for a few months in the summer............

What happend to your spelling ?
Took the SV1K for a bit of a ride today. The previous owner apparently had the idle set pretty low so it kept stalling when I pulled in the clutch. I set it to the proper range (1100-1300 RPM) and it was fine. After that, I kept thinking, "man, this thing really doesn't want to stay leaned over." Initially I put it down to the slower speeds than I was used to on the track (self-aligning torque is greatest at small lean angles), along with somewhat flat-spotted tires. Got home, checked tire pressure (yeah, should have done it before, was in a rush).

Rear: 18 psi. Front: 15 psi.

Pumped it up to 36 psi front and rear. We'll see how that is next time I go.

My hand, bike and speedo (534km with 5 days!) bike's actually a Kalahari 500.. Almost everything beside chassis has been replaced (double-walled rims etc.).
Quote from Forbin :Took the SV1K for a bit of a ride today. The previous owner apparently had the idle set pretty low so it kept stalling when I pulled in the clutch. I set it to the proper range (1100-1300 RPM) and it was fine. After that, I kept thinking, "man, this thing really doesn't want to stay leaned over." Initially I put it down to the slower speeds than I was used to on the track (self-aligning torque is greatest at small lean angles), along with somewhat flat-spotted tires. Got home, checked tire pressure (yeah, should have done it before, was in a rush).

Rear: 18 psi. Front: 15 psi.

Pumped it up to 36 psi front and rear. We'll see how that is next time I go.

Whoa, squishy.

I really like the SV1k, but despite knowing how little is shared with the 650, I was still surprised by how different it felt. Never going to be quite as nimble feeling, or quite as playful, but great for actually going somewhere, really solid feeling, and effortless acceleration to big numbers by comparison. They sound great too.
Standard shift was also giving me fits today. I just flipped the shift linkage so it's GP pattern now, like my race bike. Oddly enough, the linkage position is backwards from the 650. GP shift puts the linkage over the shift shaft on the 1000, but under on the 650. The linkage on the 1000 might actually be touching the sprocket cover, but it doesn't appear to drag. Apparently the TLR linkage is a popular mod because it's shorter.
I once road with similar pressure in the tyres once. Wasn't that much fun in the wet i can tell you!

I think im giving up on my RGV250 idea and looking at NC30 or NC35 which are much more reliable just a bit illegal for me to ride!

Same price and power though.
Peugeot XR6

Tighten and oil your chain Migz. Bank it over too far and the chain will flap off, not nice when it happens.
Actually the chain tightens as the suspension compresses. That's part of the reason why you give it some slack rather than none at all.

Your advice is still valid, though. That chain looks so bad I'd replace it.
I plan on replacing it, just extremely tight for money atm after my second purchase....

Attached images
DSC09275.JPG
DSC09280.JPG
1.jpg
2.jpg
Well, I hope you don't mind getting your hands dirty . By hands I mean whole body and by dirty I mean greasy as hell. I love it .

Anyway, where did you find those bikes? Swamp?
Pretty much haha.
Both hadn't been used for a while and were left stored away so they got dirtyyyyy.
You'd better change those tyres
Finally got insurance for my bike after a year of having it. $400 for the year but $1250 excess. Bike is only insured for $2000!
Quote from hrtburnout :You'd better change those tyres

Definitly :| They are dodgy as FOOK!

Quote from sil3ntwar :Finally got insurance for my bike after a year of having it. $400 for the year but $1250 excess. Bike is only insured for $2000!

What bike? And what cc?

Oh and today decided to take apart the XR6 to see what the FOOK was wrong with it (fell over in the wind on wednesday and hadnt worked since).
Fixed what was wrong with it but i took a picture of it pretty much naked and i think it looks quite sexy like this.
Quote from Migz :What bike? And what cc?

My GPX 250. Just got another quote from a company i emailed a week ago (and gave up on) for $180 and only $600 excess! Gonna make the switch ASAP!!

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG