The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Holy crap I am slow in the Radical

I ran respectable times in Rookie and D (love the Jetta!) around 102% or so on a good lap, but in the Radical I absolutely am shite. I'm using a good set that feels great to me and it fun to drive if not a tad nervous, and I'm struggling to hit below 1:22 when the set can run 1:16s :doh:

This car is fun to drive but I just can't seem to find the limit and stay on it for very long compared to the slower cars. Also finding it a bit hard to find the right line into and out of T1, and the uphill blind entrance whilst braking into T2/3 has me a tad baffled.

Anyone got any tips?
Radical is car of it's own kind there. It requires lot of sliding, trail braking and balls to get it drive fast. But once you figure it out, then yeah, it's incredible fun.
I've attached set, which i did 1:17,8 on, but is capable of 16's. I brake into T1 somewhere around the end of pitwall on the left, down to 4. T2 is tricky, you have to brake just before the white line on road, or rather earlier. You can also jump the curb there, that's the only one in first sector you can use and which won't send you in thousands of spins.
Don't be too quick to race there though, as it can very easily send you back to D.
Attached files
atlanta.rar - 1.1 KB - 179 views
Are they adding Karts to iRacing? On their wiki page, it shows current tracks, and upcoming tracks, and it shows Moran Raceway(a karting track) as a future track.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iracing
Quote from SidiousX :Are they adding Karts to iRacing? On their wiki page, it shows current tracks, and upcoming tracks, and it shows Moran Raceway(a karting track) as a future track.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iracing

They have said from the start that the plan was to include karting and dirt tracks, but have never given any dates. As far as I know it's still in the pipeline.
Quote from Kid222 :Radical is car of it's own kind there. It requires lot of sliding, trail braking and balls to get it drive fast. But once you figure it out, then yeah, it's incredible fun.
I've attached set, which i did 1:17,8 on, but is capable of 16's. I brake into T1 somewhere around the end of pitwall on the left, down to 4. T2 is tricky, you have to brake just before the white line on road, or rather earlier. You can also jump the curb there, that's the only one in first sector you can use and which won't send you in thousands of spins.
Don't be too quick to race there though, as it can very easily send you back to D.

good luck to you with a 1.16. I managed a 1.19 on your set but without the balls I can do 1.19's a lot... and I know my PB is a 1.18... 1.16 is bloody fast!
I could see 19s happening with a lot of practice. I did a TT last night for SR, and kept the thing on the track the whole 30 mins but could not break 1:22. but I know where I'm losing quite a bit of time:
1) As mentioned, braking into T2. It just feels so unsafe braking late enough to not coast into that turn, trailbraking seems out of the question there. As well the small delay into T4 (again blind but this time downhill) has me guessing every lap and I know it should be taken flat out. The rhythm there is goofy.

Are you guys braking for T1 around the 100 mark?

2) Braking after the long straight into the chicane. The chicane seems oddly wide and in practice people were braking significantly later than I thought could work, and turning in later.

3) Don't quite have the balls to keep the throttle 100% at the very top of the last hill, during the turn. It still seems like I'm going to go flying off the track but I don't... There's also some bumps there, yeesh.

The track has a shit load of rather abrupt elevation changes and they're at rather key moments. I think one other factor is that for a couple of months I've been running the nVidia 3D vision (shameless plug). What a difference that makes overall, but it really make elevation changes seem like an amusement park ride. It drastically changes your perception of the track and it's very cool imo.

In contrast, I ran next week's track for a few test laps and was able to throw the car around it confidently on my very first lap. The beating my TTrating is taking this week should be made up next week
Yay! I've finally fast tracked up to C licence, and now stand at 3.50 SR and 1477 iRating, which I can't really call bad. Still on the way up though
Could someone try to view some of these races broadcast over at PSRTV, i cant get them to work on my pc & just wanted to check that they do actually work.
http://www.psrtv.com/archive/index.php
Quote from anttt69 :Could someone try to view some of these races broadcast over at PSRTV, i cant get them to work on my pc & just wanted to check that they do actually work.
http://www.psrtv.com/archive/index.php

What problem have you got? They're just .wmv files; you download them and open them. They're not live streams or anything. They work fine here
Thanks guys, i was under the impression that you could watch the archived streams just like they were live. the problem i have now is my shitty dsl connection downloading @ 25kb/s .
You can, just get the WMP FF plugin? I can watch it live in browser, but they're not indexed though...
That race was awesome the other night Ant. I watched the broadcast a few hours afterwards, I can't believe we handed the win to Towler so easily.
Quote from StableX :good luck to you with a 1.16. I managed a 1.19 on your set but without the balls I can do 1.19's a lot... and I know my PB is a 1.18... 1.16 is bloody fast!

I wish i could do it, but i'm not the one. Got that set from one guy who did 16's consistently on it.

BBT: 3D vision, huh? That could do a lot IMO.
Anyway, watch some of those replays. http://members.iracing.com/ifo ... &start=0&tstart=0
Quote from count.bazley :That race was awesome the other night Ant. I watched the broadcast a few hours afterwards, I can't believe we handed the win to Towler so easily.

Yeah, you guys noob'd it up to let Richard win it.
Man, my road SR is shocking, 2.12! As soon as I start to go up I have a disastrous race The Mazda is quite tricky but I'm getting better with it.

I may work on my oval for a bit
i love road racign but cant stand the spec racer or the solstice so its so hard to get it up to 4.0 and lime rock is so boring in solstice
Then you're doing it wrong man! Solstice at LR is a blast, what sort of times do you put down there?
I like the Solstice, but not at Lime Rock, I seriously suck there, but at Laguna I can do High 1.47's which isn't bad.

I have too many incidents that I shouldn't, simple stuff like just running wide
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Then you're doing it wrong man! Solstice at LR is a blast, what sort of times do you put down there?

1.07 - 1.10 i have a very wide range im just to worried about sr to go full and i just hate the rookie car so boring not enough power and im just bored when i start racing.

@r34gtr same i just run wide all the time when i decide to forget about sr
Quote from brt900 :1.07 - 1.10 i have a very wide range im just to worried about sr to go full and i just hate the rookie car so boring not enough power and im just bored when i start racing.

@r34gtr same i just run wide all the time when i decide to forget about sr

Its not boring when you do 1.03's 1.07 is cruising man, no wonder you feel bored.
Got my C license today, damn that Mazda is so rewarding when you get it right
Quote from JackDaMaster :Got my C license today, damn that Mazda is so rewarding when you get it right

You doing the 9 race?
how did you get c without a promotion day?
Quote from brt900 :how did you get c without a promotion day?

I'm guessing the "Fasttrack" thing. Have you even read all the answers to your questions the past several pages? You can progress to the next license if you meet your MPR and your SR is 4.00 or higher. And before you ask, no you cannot move up 2 licenses at once!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG