The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from StableX :on www.psrtv.com tonight there's the weekly English Club race which will be the skippy at Silverstone. Should be an absolute blast!

Starts at 9pm UK time for qualify!

Whats the password?!
Quote from UncleBenny :The better you do, the higher your iRating will be, which leads to you getting put in a higher split against better competition. That's how the system works.

Can it iRating decrease?
so with this fast track promotion if im rookie 4.0 will i get promoted to class D
Quote from Jordan2007 :Can it iRating decrease?

Yep. Do badly and it'll go down. In theroy it'll balance out so that you'll be in servers that are more "level"
Quote from Jordan2007 :Can it iRating decrease?

Yup, the better you finish in races the more it goes up, and the lower you finish the more it goes down.

If you're still a rookie, you can't actually see your iRating, but it is "there", just hidden.

Quote from brt900 :so with this fast track promotion if im rookie 4.0 will i get promoted to class D

If you have done your 4 races/TT's, yes you get to go to class D.
atm i am rookie 3.68 and it says im ready for promotion to rookie 3.0 but if i get like rookie 5.0 then will i go straight to class c or can i only fast track 2 licences
Quote from brt900 :atm i am rookie 3.68 and it says im ready for promotion to rookie 3.0 but if i get like rookie 5.0 then will i go straight to class c or can i only fast track 2 licences

Yes, so if I remember correctly(I've been A too long) if you get to the end of a season with your 3.0+ SR you will get promoted. For Fasttrack, you need 4.0+. That's why it says "ready for promotion" now, if it was the end of a season you'd get a normal promotion instead of Fasttrack.

For the second part of your quote, no you will not go straight to C. Once you get promoted to D when you hit 4.0, you will lose about 1.0 of SR(new calculation for each license level) AND you now need to do your 4 races/TT's at your new license level to get another promotion.
Quote from brt900 :atm i am rookie 3.68 and it says im ready for promotion to rookie 3.0 but if i get like rookie 5.0 then will i go straight to class c or can i only fast track 2 licences

No. You will need to do the 4 races/time trials at "D" level, mind also that you will get a whole point knocked of your SR rating so that will drop also. It also becomes a bit harder to get SR points the higher your SR rating goes, but easier to drop them.
Quote from Wilko868 :I'll be watching! Hopefully it's better than last nights broadcast or I may have to apply to become a commentator. :doh:

I have got to tell these dudes to let me commentate! :doh:
Quote from count.bazley :There is a PSRTV hosted event with the Jetta at VIR Full Course tonight - qualifying is at 22:05 GMT and the race at 22:20. It is for a test broadcast which should be on air from 22:00 at http://www.psrtv.com. We might have a few LFS'ers in so cheer us on.

It is On! enjoy, it will be funny to see what there commentator's are like. As long as there better than Wilko there doing fine
Quote from 1993weeman :It is On! enjoy, it will be funny to see what there commentator's are like. As long as there better than Wilko there doing fine

LOL! Andy Kirs-hote. My Mam is better at this than them!
so the only way to fastrack is to be 4.0? sorry about this im a noob
Quote from brt900 :so the only way to fastrack is to be 4.0? sorry about this im a noob

Yes, but Fast Track is not the only way to be promoted.

2.8.3. Promotion

2.8.3.1. Fast Track: Drivers having earned a 4.00 Safety Rating at any point during the season and having met the MPR will be promoted to the next higher license level.

2.8.3.2. End of Season: Drivers having earned a 3.00 Safety Rating during the course of a season will be promoted to the next higher license level at the conclusion of that season (provided the minimum participation requirement is met).

That is straight from the sporting code:
http://membersmedia.iracing.co ... g_Code_v2010_01_15_01.pdf

Can be confusing at first, there is some good info in the sporting code though.
Quote from Wilko868 :LOL! Andy Kirs-hote. My Mam is better at this than them!

This is just horrible. There was just pure silence on the race start! But Dave Williams is racing. Go on, He is 2nd just now

Edit: ok he is first now
xtraction?
Quote from G!NhO :xtraction?

That's Sean. The tit.

Dave Williams = DaveWS of My3id.
Oh ye :doh:

Stupid.
Quote from Wilko868 :I have got to tell these dudes to let me commentate! :doh:

Yeah these guys blow, makes me appreciate you, passo, and deko's failures much more.

Go Dave!
Quote from UncleBenny :Yes, but Fast Track is not the only way to be promoted.

2.8.3. Promotion

2.8.3.1. Fast Track: Drivers having earned a 4.00 Safety Rating at any point during the season and having met the MPR will be promoted to the next higher license level.

2.8.3.2. End of Season: Drivers having earned a 3.00 Safety Rating during the course of a season will be promoted to the next higher license level at the conclusion of that season (provided the minimum participation requirement is met).

That is straight from the sporting code:
http://membersmedia.iracing.co ... g_Code_v2010_01_15_01.pdf

Can be confusing at first, there is some good info in the sporting code though.

sort of understand it. basically if im 4.0 ill go to d? or c?
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah these guys blow, makes me appreciate you, passo, and deko's failures much more.

Go Dave!

i agree.

And just to ruin it for everyone. Well done Dave, Good win
Quote from brt900 :sort of understand it. basically if im 4.0 ill go to d? or c?

4.0 Rookie? You will go to 3.0 D.

4.0 D goes to 3.0 C, and so on.
Quote from brt900 :sort of understand it. basically if im 4.0 ill go to d? or c?

you need to be at 4.0 Safety rating......... also check at the top right of the members bit and look for MPR. Put your mouse over that and will tell you what you need as well as safety rating to get your license upgrade.

It'll say 3 more races or 2 more time trials or something like that
Quote from StableX :you need to be at 4.0 Safety rating......... also check at the top right of the members bit and look for MPR. Put your mouse over that and will tell you what you need as well as safety rating to get your license upgrade.

It'll say 3 more races or 2 more time trials or something like that

ive done that im ready for promotion but if i get my safety rating to like 4.0 do i not get promoted 2 levels
Quote from brt900 :ive done that im ready for promotion but if i get my safety rating to like 4.0 do i not get promoted 2 levels

You've said the same thing 3 straight posts, the answer is no.
Quote from brt900 :ive done that im ready for promotion but if i get my safety rating to like 4.0 do i not get promoted 2 levels

I don't understand why you think you get promoted 2 levels. Just get your 4.0 which will get you promoted to D and I think you'll see how it works.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG