The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from JackDaMaster :What class C car should I get, Star Mazda or Radical?

I'm loving the skippy atm, so much fun

Beating me you little **** at your first bloody attempt in the ruddy Skippy...

Nobber.
really considering getting this, If they do a deal that is less than £10 a month that is (pocket moneis) I will do, but what can you guys tell me, how serious is the racing? will it benefit my real life racing? and generally, is it worth the money?

thanks,

Oscar.
Quote from DevilDare :Wait, so they pay you to race?

If you participate in 8 out of the 12 weeks in a season, they "pay" you store credits which you can use to buy new tracks/cars.

The maximum that you can earn is 10 credits per season. 4 seasons in a year, 40 credits worth of content. You need to compete in both a B and C class series to earn the full 10 bucks though - I think otherwse it's split 4 and 6 between C and B class.

It's kinda complicated.

The Mazda is run more regularly during the week, but if it were me, I would definitely go for the Radical! One of the most fun to drive cars in iRacing in my opinion. It's surprisingly catchable in a slide too!
damnit after a few dodgy races 2.24 in oval now really need to get to 3 soon
-
(brt900) DELETED by brt900

well, the mazda has a lot more people racing it and also has races scheduled every day all the time. The radical however has about 280 people racing it and the schedule is races every Friday, Sunday and Monday. They are both very different to drive and both a lot of fun.
Quote from oscarhardwick :really considering getting this, If they do a deal that is less than £10 a month that is (pocket moneis) I will do, but what can you guys tell me, how serious is the racing? will it benefit my real life racing? and generally, is it worth the money?

thanks,

Oscar.

There are very, very few things out there that will get you to the level of concentration you need while racing a car. When you're in a car and your life is on the line it comes naturally. Somehow a computer game with a wheel can get your brain to that same place.

For that reason alone it is worth it. If you don't exercise your brain you will get rusty. If you keep yourself sharp you can just hop onto the track and drive like you never stopped.
plus you get to practice how to educate people and not getting frustrated by trying to explain to niles why he's better off now than with the old sub system
And the racing in the upper tiers is top notch, unlike any online sim racing I've experienced anywhere, outside a league. Very clean and respectful.

However, I can't speak for the ovals... sounds like it's tougher to stay clean over there.
Really, beyond tempted
Quote from oscarhardwick :Really, beyond tempted

You know you want it Oscar! About to get my long awaited fast track up to C licence, so "I iz buzzing thoooo innit thoooo!"

Sorry, my chav came through a bit there.
Ah wilko I do want it, will definatley take the one month trial first, i.e. make sure i can set everything up well for this shite computer etc, run a few races, see what oval racing is like outside of cautions in kyoto practice events. And, wilko, chavy side? I am disturbed by this news
oscar if you do take the plunge please could you put p4uls@live.co.uk as a refferal
I dont know what that means, but if it asks me to ofc
thanks it just comes up a little box reffered by:_________ just like that on membership screen
no problem, Im still shocked that i have decided to pay all this money
lol it is a great game i used the code PR-AMBROSE and got 3 months for $25
And what use is that to anyone else
If oscar will buy 1 month sub then you won't get any credits, he must by 3 months sub atleast.
And I was lucky to get 3 months just for 14$ with PR-HOLIDAYS
what are these codes, what are credits? help?
the codes are promotions basically you get it cheaper for a while. credits are just money that you can only use in iracing
these codes are promotional codes, mostly you get discounts when buying iracing subscription or content. Just type "iracing promotional codes" in google and fine some, then go to iracing's site and try to type them in to find out if they still work.
Credits are the same money, just they're for buying content or renewing subscription. For example if you put 15$ into your iracing account, it means that you'll have 15$ worth iracing credit for which you will be able to buy more content
Ahhh... ok
wish i knew someone who wants iracing on a new account for 3 months then id be able get the COT, late model and probably daytona aswell or maybe even jetta or the skippy
is the corvette any good i might buy it instead of the COT for a bit of fun when im bored of racing
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG