The online racing simulator
Which mirror is a good one for U.S. download?
EFFF!!! Corrupt File!

Should have used Franky's from the beginning.
Quote from franky500 :yeah im also doing alot of work on that server right now, so its likely to be slow for a little while tonight... although didn't expect it to run that slow!.

Just chucked up another: http://www.500control.co.uk/nkpro_beta3.rar Although i wouldn't expect great things from that one as its outside the main network.

550+ kbps
My crappy ISP hasn't installed the higher speed lines in my area. I'm caped at about 80KB all of the time.
Alright, had a quick go at it. FF1600 at Aosta. On existing setups I now have to heel-toe else spin! Nice!

The induced understeer thing (i.e. do not counter steer to recover from oversteer, rather turn more TOWARDS the direction of the spin and ADD throttle) still bothers me to no end. I still doubt a real FF is driven this way.
Tried from Shadoww's FTP, Franky's site, Megaupload, all corrupt according to the installer

Running out of patience to try the torrent
I got from Shadowww's FTP without issues, good speed as well.
that corruption issue seems strange, I was able to extract and run the installer without issues.
I ran the installer, it got to about halfway then gave a corrupt error with the F2000 cockpit
I can't believe it's due to file itself.

It may be issue like "Missing .NET framework" or something else labelled incorrectly

Seriously, so much corrupted files?!

Would happen only if my FTP, Megaupload, Franky's site would be hosted by SpeakEasy or MegaPath or some another american DSL crapshit.
Just compute and compare MD5 or SH1 checksums to find out condition of your downloaded file. Easy easy.

MD5: 66dd97a5d5277155eb61929c03be3119 *nkpro11_beta3.exe
SH1: 28d25088e486d4c0816907b17e8b66513eae1bdd *nkpro11_beta3.exe
Does this really only have 5 cars....and 5 tracks? is it worth the coin?
$31.70

For that price, i'll give it a shot
The version I got from Franky installed just fine. Great speed too, 1.2-1.5 MB/s (and that's bytes not bits)
Quote from senn :$31.70

For that price, i'll give it a shot

Just remember you'll be driving an Italian car (game) Very satisfying if a little flakey. It's too easy to find the cons but the pros out-weight them. R2P servers (in USA) provided terrific, close racing between a couple of Aussies who gave my team mate Stuart aka The moose,(in England) a bloody good run for his money. I would STRONGLY recommend no downloading pr0n or using a wireless connection while racing.
I have to say that netKarPRO is a niche product. If it turns out that it's YOUR niche, you'll be hooked!
8c
I'm puzzled. I had some laps at Prato with the 500, then went to Crema. In Beta 2, you could drive round the skidpad with your outer front at 220+ °C without breaking a sweat.

In this one, it seems I can't simply bring the tyre temp above 115 °C, no matter how much I push in 3rd on the 50m skidpad, and that was abusing the car with full lock and full throttle.

I repeated the test with the F1600, deliberately steering more than necessary and then keeping it in with the throttle. This time I felt some reaction from the car, but again couldn't push the outer front above 77-79 °C.

Quote from Doorman :
I have to say that netKarPRO is a niche product. If it turns out that it's YOUR niche, you'll be hooked!
8c

true indeed Ron. The same for any of the sims I think.... iRacing, NKP, LFS, rFactor etc......
Quote from NightShift :I'm puzzled. I had some laps at Prato with the 500, then went to Crema. In Beta 2, you could drive round the skidpad with your outer front at 220+ °C without breaking a sweat.

In this one, it seems I can't simply bring the tyre temp above 115 °C, no matter how much I push in 3rd on the 50m skidpad, and that was abusing the car with full lock and full throttle.

I repeated the test with the F1600, deliberately steering more than necessary and then keeping it in with the throttle. This time I felt some reaction from the car, but again couldn't push the outer front above 77-79 °C.

Report it!
Quote from StableX :true indeed Ron. The same for any of the sims I think.... iRacing, NKP, LFS, rFactor etc......

I don't know... I think nKp's niche is a lot smaller than the other games' due it being a lot more difficult.
it feels like the netkar i played almost 10 years ago. FFB is much better, gfx seem better, suspension modelling seems competent, tyres aren't too bad....but it still feels extremely basic in a lot of other area's.

Last time i played it had a Supra in it...that should give you an idea lol
And a Zonda, Ferrari 360, Mini Cooper and a Ferrari 250GTO.
yeah. It had a much better selection of cars imho :/
You could even adjust the supra's boost level in car, which i don't think i've seen in any other game...
Quote from senn :You could even adjust the supra's boost level in car, which i don't think i've seen in any other game...

Papyrus' Indy Car Racing II allowed you to adjust the boost level while driving. That's what, 13 - 14 years ago now?

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG