The online racing simulator
LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
Lol. Ever been in Tijuana ? There is a bar ...
Quote from Kalev EST :If you complain about people complaining then by your logic, you're whiny too? And I have never thought or said the devs aren't working on anything but when there's nothing to show for that work...

Im just saying you focus to much on out the negative name calling wich isnt what my post was all about.

You seem to have understood what i was pointing out... but almost everyone complaining hasnt ... i realised this when i spoke with my teammates about it on ventrilo a while ago.

People just assume too much thats the problem... and then jump to conclusions and just have to spam the forums about it aswell.

I would just like anyone else have a complete patch once a month with atleast 1 new car, physX upgrades, bug fixes, and a new track. But it just aint gonna happen, i dont dissagree that its been a long overdue with the VWS... but i do dissagree with people spamming the forums with bad attitude towards it... especially when they did appologise and also have been posting about why its taking long and what they are working on.

whats the problem is my question...

EDIT: You seem to take the things i say personal, wich you should not do... it is more as to make people complaining to just stop, take breath and think about what they are whining about in the first place, and if it really is justified to spam the forums where there already is numerous threads about the same topic if you just look beyond the top 4 topics on the 1st page...
#79 - senn
I'd do her.
Uhm... I didn't take anything personally. If I take things personally, I write a long long text about how the person is wrong and usually throw in a few comparisons with the Soviet Union or communists.

I replied to your post because I found it ironic that you said there's no moral highground and then proceeded to call people whiny and retarded in the next sentence. And the other post was because I replied to your reply.

Honestly, apart from a few morons, most posts that critizise LFS have been made by people who express their dissapointment or vent a little bit of frustration, where as posts defending LFS have been downright hostile and insulting. Why can't you just say "I disagree, I think things are fine, etc, etc...". Why do the posts need to include "go away", "you obviously have no life", "crybaby", "stop spamming" and my personal favourites "whiners" and "moaners". Those two get thrown around so much that I'm starting to think anyone that uses them is a moron. (Even Ziggy uses them and he's usually so nice that it produces a puke reflex on me...) Also using them is ironic as I shortly mentioned in my last post.

Although this text is a bit longer, I still didn't take anything personally (no reference to you as a KGB agent).
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, GAME DEVELOP YOU!

/thread.
Quote from Kalev EST :Uhm... I didn't take anything personally. If I take things personally, I write a long long text about how the person is wrong and usually throw in a few comparisons with the Soviet Union or communists.

I replied to your post because I found it ironic that you said there's no moral highground and then proceeded to call people whiny and retarded in the next sentence. And the other post was because I replied to your reply.

Honestly, apart from a few morons, most posts that critizise LFS have been made by people who express their dissapointment or vent a little bit of frustration, where as posts defending LFS have been downright hostile and insulting. Why can't you just say "I disagree, I think things are fine, etc, etc...". Why do the posts need to include "go away", "you obviously have no life", "crybaby", "stop spamming" and my personal favourites "whiners" and "moaners". Those two get thrown around so much that I'm starting to think anyone that uses them is a moron. (Even Ziggy uses them and he's usually so nice that it produces a puke reflex on me...) Also using them is ironic as I shortly mentioned in my last post.

Although this text is a bit longer, I still didn't take anything personally (no reference to you as a KGB agent).

I wholeheartly agree, for a change
Quote from Kalev EST :Uhm... I didn't take anything personally. If I take things personally, I write a long long text about how the person is wrong and usually throw in a few comparisons with the Soviet Union or communists.

Aah then its all fine! will be happy diskussing with you more.

Now to the disussion, i agree its been overdue with an update. But its not as we really can expect updates either, scvier can might aswell make us pay money for more content as of now if they want to. It also says something like that when you buy the game and read the licence agreement.

I just wonder what people are hoping to acomplish with making complaints about it... and also spamming threads all over the forum. I realise its not 1 person meaking all the threads but there sure is enough of them
Well what can i say. I havent propperly played LFS for more than 1 year now. Just few laps here and there. I know there is only 3 people working on LFS, but untill somthing new comes out you wont see me online. Im not saying i dont like it anymore. Its still good, but when i got myself iRacing i was like oh man what a difference. I dont know really. Im used to iRacing so much that when i try LFS or rFactor now i dont feel excited anymore.
Quote from Alles :Well what can i say. I havent propperly played LFS for more than 1 year now. Just few laps here and there. I know there is only 3 people working on LFS, but untill somthing new comes out you wont see me online. Im not saying i dont like it anymore. Its still good, but when i got myself iRacing i was like oh man what a difference. I dont know really. Im used to iRacing so much that when i try LFS or rFactor now i dont feel excited anymore.

Im right with you on that. I have returned a few times to LFS to find no racing and everything is very outdated. I really do hope if and when an update comes it is good. I think it will be. At least i really do hope it is. Which is why at least once a mo. I come and check the forums and such to see if any REAL update is getting any closer.

I really love how I get called a whiner for saying LFS is outdated in a previous post. Sorry I have found something that IS better. Im not whining or complaining. Simply stated my views. First post even remotely to the update being needed as well. So I will go play something else. Not because some butt kisser tells me too, but because there is better out there. Sure it may be a bit costly compared to LFS, but i got that covered. To me it is worth the extra money. So until there is a REAL update thats where I will be racing online. When/if there is a valuable update Im sure I will be back. No bitching or whining here. Simple supply and demand. That is what makes the world go round after all.
Quote from SparkyDave :IMO LFS is not or ever has been delayed, thats just how/what LFS is

I see this statement as only a half truth. Sure, it's not 'delayed' as such because the Devs have never promised timeframes.
However it's a fact that development output has slowed a lot in the last couple of years. This is a different to the past when releases were more frequent, and not just 'how LFS is'.
#87 - Dac
It would be interesting to see some online racing stats if they are available over the last 3 or 4 years.
Why you don't LFS people make something new while waiting something new?

For Example...hmm...wait a sec...yeah, hotlaps! of course, it can make sometimes bored but ncd however.
Quote from Dac :It would be interesting to see some online racing stats if they are available over the last 3 or 4 years.

Something like this ?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1352606#post1352606

After month of silence Scawen is back to fix some bugs, this means that the content of next test patch is almost ready and now he will try to fix as many bugs as possible and release a test patch full of awesomeness. Or maybe not...but it's a good sign :P That theory worked last time.
Ok ,try this one. Go to statistics and then to show all posts. You will see that there wasn't month of silence.
Quote from blackbird04217 :LFS has far better physics as far as 'feeling' goes.

a sim were you can drive with mouse and keyboard , there is even wr's done with mouse
Quote from mrspeed21 :a sim were you can drive with mouse and keyboard , there is even wr's done with mouse

how does that have any relevance to what he posted?
Quote from Amynue :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1352606#post1352606

After month of silence Scawen is back to fix some bugs, this means that the content of next test patch is almost ready and now he will try to fix as many bugs as possible and release a test patch full of awesomeness. Or maybe not...but it's a good sign :P That theory worked last time.

Let's speculate
I think you are wrong because he said "So that will be in the next patch - I don't know when that will be."
If he still doesn't know when the next patch will be out, that means there is still alot of work to be done.
My guess is that we will still wait 2 Months but I hope I'm wrong
Quote from Ger Roady :Ok ,try this one. Go to statistics and then to show all posts. You will see that there wasn't month of silence.

That shows me that there was a bit more than 1 month of no posts.
3rd December - 10th January.
Quote from Smurfen :how does that have any relevance to what he posted?

I think ,his point is, that Lfs is not realistic because you can drive it with mouse and keyboard and not like in I-Robbery, only with a wheel. Ever noticed that planes are steered with a stick and not with a wheel. How realistic is that ?
Quote from farcar :That shows me that there was a bit more than 1 month of no posts.

3rd December - 10th January.

Maybe it is my lack of english. I have read it like "Month in plural". Sorry if
Quote from farcar :I see this statement as only a half truth. Sure, it's not 'delayed' as such because the Devs have never promised timeframes.
However it's a fact that development output has slowed a lot in the last couple of years. This is a different to the past when releases were more frequent, and not just 'how LFS is'.

Actually, there were announced things, with release dates, that were postponed. Scirocco for instance was announced to be released on December 19th 2008 (a bit more than 1 year ago). Also, a patch was announced to early 2009 with bug fixes that would make it possible to release the car, while the patch was released only in October 2009, and still not making it possible to release Scirocco.

I understand all reasons the Devs give us for the delays. They are a very small team (several times smaller than the other developer teams for the other products), LFS is getting bigger in code and harder to handle, with very complex problems to solve, and just one brain thinking on it (while the other 2 brains are on content creation and web management), so I'm still surprised with the fact that they are still able to improve the sim, although I personally think that the progress may have lost some of the focus due to translation for numerous languages, support for multi monitor setups and things like outgauge that made the difference for a very small group of users (but again, personal opinion, and I know that the devs makes the sim their own way).

Of course it is frustrating when you get screenshots from 2003 on liveforspeed.net and don't see big visual upgrades on graphics engine comparing with 2009 screenshots (we are talking about a 6 years timeframe), or when you see blocked differentials being faster, or people using handbrakes on racing cars in order to beat WRs (don't even know if some racing cars even have handbrakes), and other physics exploits since the physics engine is already 1,5 years old, and the drivers have already even adapted their driving stile to suit the engine's exploits (specially for me, it's frustrating when I have to deviate from a real life driving technique in order to be competitive).

But then you think, it's just 1 brain working on it, you don't pay fees like on iRacing, S1+S2 content is reasonably cheap, so you don't get that much, but don't pay that much also. It still worth the money.

I believe that what makes people frustrated is because LFS was, for a period of time, the best simulator by far (mostly due to the big flaws of the other sims), the progress was fast, and with some details fixed (that look simple but are demanding to remake big parts of the software from scratch, like the tyres) and some sound and graphics improvements, could be again the best.
Very nicely put, prepare yourself for the usual comebacks..

LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG