The online racing simulator
LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
Another thread about slow progress of LFS. Hmm dont you get tired of yourselfs starting such threads.

- Development slow

Yes it is, can we help it ?
No we cant, does it help when we complain ?
No it doesnt, but what can we do ?
Just sit around play the game and wait.

Indeed development is slow and yes indeed people go to other games.
But why do we need 70000000 threads about the development which always end up in nasty comments against the devs and others ?

I really dont see the point anymore.
Scawen has posted a message a while a go what they were working on.
Was it the right thing to do at that point of time, i dunno but the outcome was obvious.
People started speculating more and more.
Whats the result of that ? People start complaining more and more.

Lets look at it at a different view. What if a new guy comes along and sees all these threads ?
Do you think they would buy a S2 license after seeing all these complaints ?
I guess not.

I am so tired seeing all these threads of LFS progression.
Lets just wait and see, thats really all you can do.
In the end LFS isnt dying only if you let it.
Oh noes!

@JaReed

Good for you! just go to iRacing it will help the LFS community alot if all the whiners leave the game and teh forum to those interested in the game... wich also raises the question, why are still posting here if iRacing are so good and this is a n00b game? if it was me IMO id just leave and be done with it.

@boothy

Your spot on i believe! seeing posts like yours really makes me believe there still is normal people hanging around this forums. It doesnt take a "rocket scientist" to figure it out, still it seems hard for these 12 year old whiners to understand.

They are working on s3 alread and probably have been ever since development speed(if you count that as the rate the are patches beeing released) started to slow down. You dont whip up a new instance of a game "just like that" in a couple of months.

The reason its going slower ATM is that there is alot going on, what do we know?

1: There is a car essentially ready(VWS) since 2008(however it will probably need tweaking due to new physix)

2: A entire new physics for the tires

3: A new track in the making(otherwise it wouldnt be announced)

4: And yet another car announced(wich also is in the making if its been announced)

5: New "limited setup" system beeing implemented

6: And s3 being announced aswell(that means its being worked on).

This is 6 major things being worked on as we speak, i dont know that you guys think but it looks like LFS will undergo big changes, half of these things are supposed to go into s2, and the rest is s3 already on its way and like i stated so many times now... if they even make a "peep" about it its already being worked on, how much do you ask for a 3 man team?

EDIT: And these are the things we know about! you can bet your pants that they are working and testing stuff we dont have a clue about and that sometimes never will be released.

EDIT2: Then there is all the bugs and minor things constantly being fixed aswell.. these are not accounted for here and if you put all this together you see that there is quite alot going on.
Quote from niels1 :In the end LFS isnt dying only if you let it.

Whoa... something what is completely wrong. You can make best SIM racing game ever. But, as time passes, new things come, and this best sim gets outdated.
Because it was best ever >than< it isn't now anymore.
And you cannot expect community to keep that game alive, just because developers of the game lay low as they had best game ever at that time.
This applies to LFS, as it does to anything in this world. Point being: too slow development is killing the game.

PS: All those 'moaning' posts, including mine, doesn't mean we don't like the game. We do. We play it. We love it. But, if it's neglected by developers, it will die out.
Too many kiddie gamers, spitting out their dummies, thinking they are owed something, mouthing off about getting fed up with waiting.

IMO LFS is not or ever has been delayed, thats just how/what LFS is, a superior product, because Scawen works to a quality level above that of other larger SW houses, and only releases updates when he's happy they achieve the expected level.
I don't get why people waste their time coming here to say "I got so fed up I've gone to iracing" or whatever, if you want to spend many times the amount of money you would on LFS to play the arguably "not as good" iracing just go do it already, no need to come here and shout about it, do they all go to iracing forums and post how good they think it is? no because some people only know how to complain, you bunch of "glass is half empty" pessimists.
If/when the next version of LFS is released, they will all come flooding back lol

As already said, its ready when its ready!

Proud supporter of LFS

SD.
I am giving iRacing ago, but am also looking forward to the physics updates, laser scanned track and other updates that will come out in LFS in the next several years.

Take out the laser scanned tracks from iRacing add a new tyre physics update to LFS and I'd suspect that LFS would look the more polished of the two tbo. Imo iRacings physics are a little better than LFS atm but it is predominately the extra track fidelity that really makes the difference. What surprises me about iRacing when you consider the massive budget and team they have in comparison to LFS is how unfinished certain aspects of it feel.

While progress may feel unbearably slow at the moment I haven't written off LFS and have confidence that it will still hold its own in the sim world future for some years yet. While we wait for that to happen though I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied.
Quote from Nick7 :PS: All those 'moaning' posts, including mine, doesn't mean we don't like the game. We do. We play it. We love it. But, if it's neglected by developers, it will die out.

Then I guess that you will agree with me that it's a good thing that it is not being neglected by the devs.
Quote from JaReed :I will check back in a year or so when maybe things finally get an update to iRacing standards(if they ever do).

iRacing still didn't got to LFS standars so I don't know what are you talking about.
This is amusing.

2010 : The Clash Of The Fanboys And The Whiners!

It's going to be a great year.

But seriously, it's bottering to read all this whining, aswell that it's damn borring to read the same damn ignorant fanboys replies. "LFS is perfect" LFS is superior".. ah jezuz.. .

LFS progress has no excuse, it's too slow. It's because Scawen and co does not work ordinary workhours on it. They work on it when they want. Yes, it does suck, but they chosed to work that way, and you did agree on their "vission" when you bought their product.

So shut up, go doing something else, all of you. Go out on the town and get shitfaced, much more fun

Oh, and last thing from me - It's done when it's done. Untill that happens, let's be happy and chill around
What is iRacing ?
If it would be the best Sim for me ,i would drive there but..
Show me one person saying "LFS is perfect", TVE.
Quote from Dac :You cannot decide how other people will feel, the only thing these threads are showing is that a lot of people myself included are getting pretty frustrated about this issue. At the end of the day it's all up to the developers and we can kick and scream all we like perhaps nothing will change, but we still have the right to feel how we do. Maybe we don't have the right to make endless amounts of these threads but as far as im concerned it's very much to be expected with these types of delays.

what? I am not deciding how people should or do feel. I am stating that when anyone buys a licence it is relativly easy to spot that lfs development is slow. By buying a licence you bought into lfs as it was and as a (slow) work in progrss. I am not saying that I do not find it slightly annoying, but I don't make hundreds of threads/posts about it. I just checked back, and I can spot 4 other threads on page 1 of gen chat where the thread was created to whine or it turned into a whining page. With that many why do we need this one or any others.

All I would say to everyone is stop whining and find something else to do as there is life outside LFS. Personally I am enjoying working through Forza 3, MW2 and Assassins Creed 2 while I wait.

Edit: @ TVE, I don't think anyone is saying lfs is perfect (at least im not.) I just do no understand how with all the other threads why we keep needing new ones. Personally speaking this spam whining annoys me more than the development speed of lfs lol.
Quote from zeugnimod :Show me one person saying "LFS is perfect", TVE.

Stop beeing so serious crybaby

Just read between the lines
Haha, ok

Well either way, peace and love every! It's done when it's done!
Right now it's slow and painfull, but it will be great when it is done

So, what do you say, let's get shitfaced togheter?
Quote from zeugnimod :Show me one person saying "LFS is perfect", TVE.

lfs is perfect!...
what?...ah, ok: bye....
Quote from The Very End :It's because Scawen and co does not work ordinary workhours on it. They work on it when they want. Yes, it does suck, but they chosed to work that way, and you did agree on their "vission" when you bought their product.

Where have you learnt this? Whilst Scawen has stated [several years ago] that he does tend to go to be when he's tired and get up when he wakes naturally, there is no evidence that any of them work non-ordinary hours or simply 'when they want to'.

If you could cite your reference that'd be great, because I've been here 6.5 years and not seen them mention it myself.
To say it's anything else than speculations would be to lie, bur I do strongely belive it's not a ordinary 37.5Hour work week.

But that's me, beer on my expence if I am wrong
#43 - RS1T
Everyone knew it was an alpha before they bought it, so you shouldn't complain. Go play something else if you don't like the development speed. Have some patience, it's done when it's done.

Continually making threads like these is unlikely to make the devs work any faster. LFS has given me more hours of playtime than any other game, and sure it could be developed faster, but whining about it isn't going to solve anything.
#44 - Dac
For all the "true" fans who are trying to take the moral high-ground in this, how long exactly would you be willing to wait for a significant update, 3 more months? a year? 5 years? I seriously doubt you would be willing to wait 10 years.
I think the updates conflict each other that much that therefor it takes long.

New Tire model: probably planned to go with the announcement of S3 to give it a big improvement (like S2 was a big improvement when first alpha came out).
Scirocco: Waiting for tire model because it's a real life car with some electronic assistants that are new for LFS and did not work out like planned
New Track: Waiting for S3, probably new tire model and some more S3 content to go with it.

And off course it's taking slower because everything is getting more complex with each update. If you update one track, other tracks look outdated, the same when you update one car. The new tire model sounds like a lot of work. It the base of the sim and it needs to be correct for all the different tires (road, super road, offroad, soft slick, hard slick) cars with different weight and power.
Quote from Dac :For all the "true" fans who are trying to take the moral high-ground in this, how long exactly would you be willing to wait for a significant update, 3 more months? a year? 5 years? I seriously doubt you would be willing to wait 10 years.

To be honest I am looking for an other sim that gives good cup-races and has a nice community and leagues like LFS has. But that doesn't mean I won't play LFS anymore when an update arrives. If S3 came out in 2012 (when the world has allready ended ) I would still buy it. I can't say for 10 years though. Interests change
Quote from tristancliffe :Scawen has stated [several years ago] that he does tend to go to be when he's tired and get up when he wakes naturally,

He's had two kids since then - I imagine that doesn't happen any more.

Quote from Dac :For all the "true" fans who are trying to take the moral high-ground in this, how long exactly would you be willing to wait for a significant update, 3 more months? a year? 5 years? I seriously doubt you would be willing to wait 10 years.

What's the alternative? You either wait or you... what? You have to wait, that's the only thing there is to do.

That doesn't mean you can't be doing something else in the mean time.
Quote from Dac : I seriously doubt you would be willing to wait 10 years.

Alternatives ? None !

As long as i am interested in racing and they don't follow the i-robbery way ,i will stay at LfS.
I'd happily wait 10 years for the next patch if that is what it took. I won't be sitting around idly waiting for it, and moaning on their forum about it. I'd play other games (and racing sims if there were any good ones to play that didn't cost as much as a season of real racing ), do other things. Chances are, in that case, that LFS wouldn't be on my hard drive, but I'd probably download it and check it out.

Why does it matter if it takes a long time? Do you have NOTHING else to do in the meantime?

Kev - fair point. He probably goes to sleep when he's tired, and is forced to wake up when the children cry or have to go to school, or Geraldine makes him finish the kitchen...
LFS is perfect.

/me waits while TVE headshots him.
Quote from hazaky :Agree

Why dont u people take ur time out and go fold some clothes for example? It seems like everyone here is like desperate to have an update. Go outside with friends for a while. Or, if you dont have friends then just enjoy the game as it is. Making threads like this wont make the development any faster.

If anything it will slow it down cos the devs will waste time reading it

LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG