The online racing simulator
LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
LFS progress timeline
Don't look forwards too much to LFS .6a or S3 or w/e they're calling it these days. LFS progress is getting slower. I'm not going to quit playing LFS any time soon, I'm just saying don't look forwards too much for the next patch. Anyways, here's LFS' progress over the last 2 years.

December 21st, 2007- LFS patch Y released to the public

July 2nd, 2008- LFS patch .5Z released to the public

First 7 months- You can see there's a lot of progress in a relatively short amount of time. Watch things slow down from here.

December 11th, 2008- VW scirocco announced

December 15th, 2008- VW scirocco postponed indefinitely

"We know this will disappoint many of you who have waited a long time for the Scirocco, and we are sorry about that. We plan to fix the bugs and continue developing the Scirocco suspension and electronic control systems, to give you a good patch early in 2009."

August 21st, 2009 (not very early in 2009)- New tire physics announced

September 21st, 2009- New LFS track and S3 announced

October 28th, 2009- An LFS test patch, Z25, is released as a "new full version" of LFS (no new cars, tire physics, or tracks included)

November 25th, 2009- Another LFS test patch, Z28, is released as a ''New, full version'' of LFS just like Z25 .

Thursday January 7th, 2010 A.D. Still playing a version of LFS compatible with patch .5Z of July 2nd, 2008, meaning it's been essentially unchanged for about a year and a half. A year and a half full of new and wonderful reports of things that may never come to your computer. You know, this may turn out like Duke Nukem Forever. lol I'll be every bit as excited as you whenever S3 comes out, but until then I'll still be racing you in LFS .5Z

Can't wait to be proven wrong,

Your friend JRS_4500
#2 - CSU1
Quote from jrs_4500 :Don't look forwards too much to LFS...

Six hundred and thirty miles you've driven, how come you've become so frustrated with a product that you have not fully used yet???
#3 - Dac
We all know it sucks, and we all complain, still nothing happens. Many have tried to encourage development, all have failed.
wtf, another one of these threads? We get the point already, development speed IS slow, there is no need to tell us again, sheesh.

Lock pl0x.
Quote from Dac :We all know it sucks, and we all complain, still nothing happens. Many have tried to encourage development, all have failed.

I sense a contrdiction here.
#6 - Dac
Quote from wsinda :I sense a contrdiction here.

OK I didn't word it properly, not everybody complains but a lot still do. And I do believe it is to encourage development certainly nobody complains to make things worse, surely.
#7 - Lible
A big patch is in works. What we know about is:

Scirocco will be released
Rockingham will be released
New tyre physics will be released
RAC interior/model reworked (Plus possibly some other cars we are not aware of)
New car

And probably something else we don't know
Quote from Lible :A big patch is in works. What we know about is:

Scirocco will be released
Rockingham will be released
New tyre physics will be released
RAC interior/model reworked (Plus possibly some other cars we are not aware of)
New car

And probably something else we don't know

How do you know that Rockingham + new will be released in the next patch? Same for the new rac interior/model, I can't see any info about that.

Rockingham is not finished and is not planned to be released in the next patch.
Quote from Dac :OK I didn't word it properly, not everybody complains but a lot still do. And I do believe it is to encourage development certainly nobody complains to make things worse, surely.

Then some people definately need to rethink their choice of words if their posts are actually meant to encourage the devs.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :wtf, another one of these threads? We get the point already, development speed IS slow, there is no need to tell us again, sheesh.

Lock pl0x.

Since when you're a moderator? Stop memberating pl0x.
Well, the Scirroco was used in August 08, and was obviously developed to a suitable level in the months before then, so they weren't just sitting on their arses doing bugger all. Rockingham had been known about for months before it was spotted at the real track, with work on that I assume taking place early in 09. In both cases, the content was spotted before official Dev announcements, and was not known if it would be in LFS at the time (from what I got from the guy at Rockingham), which makes me think more content is being worked on as we speak, as well as the physics.

However, if we get to the end of 2010 without so much as a peep out of the Devs then yes, start getting worried, but I'm sure they wouldn't want that either, as it would severely damage their next income stream.
Quote from Flame CZE :How do you know that Rockingham + new will be released in the next patch? Same for the new rac interior/model, I can't see any info about that.

That is how the rumormill starts.

Quote from Danny LFS :Since when you're a moderator? Stop memberating pl0x.

So making a statement like that makes me a moderator? Wow.... demo racers these days
Quote from Danny LFS :Since when you're a moderator? Stop memberating pl0x.

I would assume, like me, the comment was in relation the amount of threads of this nature there is. Posting on here isn't really going to speed it up is it? When the new patch is ready it is ready no amount of "0Mgz no n3w pAtch 4 so l0Ng 1!!!!!1!1" is going to speed it up. These threads are pointless and complete spam. I do not count myself as an 'old timer' but I have been around for a while, but 1) yes the development speed is slow but I assume most people knew this when they started playing and 2) There is nothing we can do so why complain constantly.

Oh and P.S. There is nothing we can do about it!
#14 - Dac
Quote from Greboth :I would assume, like me, the comment was in relation the amount of threads of this nature there is. Posting on here isn't really going to speed it up is it? When the new patch is ready it is ready no amount of "0Mgz no n3w pAtch 4 so l0Ng 1!!!!!1!1" is going to speed it up. These threads are pointless and complete spam. I do not count myself as an 'old timer' but I have been around for a while, but 1) yes the development speed is slow but I assume most people knew this when they started playing and 2) There is nothing we can do so why complain constantly.

Oh and P.S. There is nothing we can do about it!

You cannot decide how other people will feel, the only thing these threads are showing is that a lot of people myself included are getting pretty frustrated about this issue. At the end of the day it's all up to the developers and we can kick and scream all we like perhaps nothing will change, but we still have the right to feel how we do. Maybe we don't have the right to make endless amounts of these threads but as far as im concerned it's very much to be expected with these types of delays.
At least LFS can go down as having one of the worst development teams in history.
-1 for the last post...in my opinion one of the best....they made a game that captured my interest longer than any other game....and that takes some skill ladies and gentlemen
Quote from simulation :-1 for the last post...in my opinion one of the best....they made a game that captured my interest longer than any other game....and that takes some skill ladies and gentlemen

*loud applause*

Let the developers take their time! IT'S OUT WHEN IT'S OUT DAMMIT!

/speculationthreads
Lets go to a stoning.
Quote from Mango Juice :At least LFS can go down as one of the worst development team in history.

Wow, this has to be the most stupid post ever made on this forum. And that's saying something.
Quote from Mango Juice :At least LFS can go down as one of the worst development team in history.

...and no one will listen/take seriously anything you say again.
This is a forum about LFS. Where does it say that everything that's said about it, has to be nice? These threads are about LFS, so they're not spam. According to some people's advice, you guys should go read other threads, there are plenty of them.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :wtf, another one of these threads?

Agree

Why dont u people take ur time out and go fold some clothes for example? It seems like everyone here is like desperate to have an update. Go outside with friends for a while. Or, if you dont have friends then just enjoy the game as it is. Making threads like this wont make the development any faster.
I got tired of waiting! I will check back in a year or so when maybe things finally get an update to iRacing standards(if they ever do). Till then you guys can catch me on the track there with 90% of the other good racers from LFS that have left this noob filled outdated sim. There is very little anything good left.

If you guys have not realized participation has been falling for a long time. Older racers return only to see that nothing has changed except there is no REAL racing to be found anymore. Everything I loved about this sim has gone away. Old outdated cars and physics, No good racing. What happen to the LFS I fell in love with in old days before S1 and enjoyed so much into the birth of S2? I really miss those days of full race grids and getting 10 pick up races of good quality and numbers of racers in a day if you wanted. For the time the physics were the best around. That cant be said today!
Quote from Mango Juice :At least LFS can go down as having one of the worst development teams in history.

Apparently you never met 3DRealms. They worked on a game for 15 years without anything to show for it (No release, just a few crappy outdated images, and a video). Atleast Scawen has a lot of releases, and has a product that people can play.

LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG