The online racing simulator
LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
Quote from Mogar :I believe that what makes people frustrated is because LFS was, for a period of time, the best simulator by far (mostly due to the big flaws of the other sims), the progress was fast, and with some details fixed (that look simple but are demanding to remake big parts of the software from scratch, like the tyres) and some sound and graphics improvements, could be again the best.

I can 100% see your point of view, I also can easily see LFS being very competitive with a couple of things. Tyre physics - which is in the works, track detail which is likely to be better with a laser scanned track (but all the tracks need to be a bit less smooth and lastly a few extra details such as dynamic racing line would make a world of difference for me.

The other sim that I now am racing more regularly though already has the tracks soughted, has tyre physics with less problems and are in the process of bringing out improvements to the tyre physics also. In addition it already has some form of rubberised racing line, although very simple. And there are a very many people calling for better dynamic track conditions which are more likely to be implemented in that sim sooner. The main kill factor for me of that sim isn't so much cost but it's very American focussed content, this is however changing with time and I can see a future where it will be a well rounded sim. Importantly it has set up servers in Australia and is adding Australian content, so I suspect that a year or two down the road it will have a higher population of Australian sim drivers than LFS which is what will most likely be key to which sim I spend most time in.
Quote from richo :Very nicely put, prepare yourself for the usual comebacks..

There won't be "usual comebacks" because he posted his opinion in a constructive way, not whining.
Quote from zeugnimod :There won't be "usual comebacks" because he posted his opinion in a constructive way, not whining.

+1

On-topic, There is also an entire interesting crownd gathering around LFS for a game that doesnt support mods like example rFactor. You have drifters, rallycross, cruising and racers... heck.. there even is dragracing...

IMO thats pretty unique, and i think that it is something that should be taken in in mind for the future, the versitality is what will keep the game alive...

Im a everchanging person... i like to do different things during different periods... if ive been watching some drifting and feel a sudden urge to drift... i start LFS and find a drift server... if i feel i wanna race i start LFS, and if i wanna rallycross... and so on and so on... the only time is really when i wanna do some rallying... then i turn to a rallygame...

LFS progress timeline
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG