The online racing simulator
dfgt is supposed to be really good as a wheel, though it is only sequential shifter+ paddles and only 2 pedals.

He has 3 pedals and a SST lightning shifter. so he is prtty well set up.
oh, i looked quick and saw a wheel other then the fanatec, or g25/7 and assumed he has a wheel less then top of the line, and on that cockpit :jawdrop: well....he needs a nice wheel
Hi there,
i updated my ring.

Q9550 @ 3.8 Ghz
HD 4870X2
2x2 Gb PC 8500
500+300 GB HDD

Few Pics.
Attached images
photo001-6354287859.jpg
photo002-f99d5c2751.jpg
photo-e682b58c29.jpg
Quote from logitekg25 :oh, i looked quick and saw a wheel other then the fanatec, or g25/7 and assumed he has a wheel less then top of the line, and on that cockpit :jawdrop: well....he needs a nice wheel

A G27 with a chilicoke.com wheel adapter and a Momo or Sparco racing wheel will be in my rigs future. But right now I'm flat broke from the upgrades I did for the triple screen displays. I really like the Frex SimWheel, but OMG 2k+ is just way to far over the top and I can't justify it. I did put bicycle cork tape on the rim of the DFGT and it fits my hands really well and removes some of the "toy" feeling of the wheel. I recommend cork tape to any G25/27 sim racer as it a effective and very affordable solution for thickening up the grip of the wheel.

Here is a video I put up on youtube today of my triple screens in action The clip is replay of a VW Jetta TDI Cup race in iRacing. There is a pretty good wreck at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztxM_VGGI8
well, congrats mate, you basically have my dream cockpit...in the future i will have the same thing basically, only add a little bit more realistic shifter placement, mines a little lower, and joystick as a handbrake
CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHz Quad
GPU: ATi Radeon 5770 1GB 850MHz
RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Not sure about MHz)
HDD: 320GB 7200RPM SATA
Monitor: CMC19AW (19" Widescreen)
Wheel: FGT Rumble-3-in-1
Quote from TheAdmiester :RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Not sure about MHz)

If you're interested in finding out your current RAM frequency (among other things) you can download a tool called CPU-Z. If you run that you get a lot of information (CPU clock speed, FSB, multiplier, cache, RAM clock, RAM latency etc). See the attachment in this post for an example.
Quote from amp88 :If you're interested in finding out your current RAM frequency (among other things) you can download a tool called CPU-Z. If you run that you get a lot of information (CPU clock speed, FSB, multiplier, cache, RAM clock, RAM latency etc). See the attachment in this post for an example.

Thanks for the tip, but I think I'll just leave it for now.
alright.....so i tried installing my brand new ATI RADEON HD 5770 video card.

i took out my previous graphics card, i did not damage the port i dont think....so my previous was out. i just slid the new one in where the previous one was. i shut the case, plugged in everything, turned everything on. when it got the the home screen, it said it was installing new drivers. they finished, i restarted the computer. and still nothing. so i put in the installation cd, it said when i clicked anything to check some website for new drivers, so i tried, but had no idea...and the cd would not let me continue.

now what do i do

pics below
Attached images
1229091638.jpg
1229091640.jpg
1229091650.jpg
1229091658.jpg
1229091709.jpg
Minor update - swapped the NC10's 160 GB Hitachi drive for a 320GB Seagate 5400.6 drive. More storage, more speed and less power usage. Now idles at 9w with the backlight on full, or about 6.5-7 on low.

Unfortunately the HDD died the second I took it out (WTF) so I had to re-install the OS - went from my MSDNAA copy of 7 Pro (which only works on 1 PC apparently, which is a bit shit as I just put a copy on the GF's laptop) to my copy of 7 Ultimate.

Also re-organised the antenna layout (new WiFi card means I have an extra antenna in the case) inside the case as well.
Phew Jakg I was totally worried about your antenna layout, you've put my mind at ease I can now sleep tonight.

...and good job on the power consumption, due to your offsetting my carbon emissions I'll turn my case fans to full
Quote from logitekg25 :alright.....so i tried installing my brand new ATI RADEON HD 5770 video card.

i took out my previous graphics card, i did not damage the port i dont think....so my previous was out. i just slid the new one in where the previous one was. i shut the case, plugged in everything, turned everything on. when it got the the home screen, it said it was installing new drivers. they finished, i restarted the computer. and still nothing. so i put in the installation cd, it said when i clicked anything to check some website for new drivers, so i tried, but had no idea...and the cd would not let me continue.

now what do i do

pics below

Have you plugged 1x PCI-E connectors into the back of your card?
The 5770 series only uses one pci connector.
logitek what do you mean "nothing happens"?

Are you using onboard video and trying to install the drivers?

What kind of power supply do you have?
i mean that i might as well not have the video card at all, it has no function

right now i am using the default studio 9 onboard crappy card. i just need to know how to activate the card, so i can use the cd, and how do i install the new drivers from the link above
sorry for the double post

i have called the dell guy, and he told me although it is indeed compatable, i might need to get a higher power source. how will i know if i do indeed need it, and what is the cheapest and easiest way around that, so i can move onto the next problem

how do i know if i made a mistake installing it, and i damaged something.....when i pulled my gt220 out it made a small click and i assumed it was it just coming out, cause the 5770 went in no problem pretty much.

please help and thank you for putting up with me
Quote from logitekg25 :please help and thank you for putting up with me

Have you plugged your monitor in to the new graphics card? Can you get a image from it when you do that?
Quote from samforey12345 :Have you plugged 1x PCI-E connectors into the back of your card?

^ Done this?
Quote from rc10racer :http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Click on ATI Radeon™ Video Card Drivers, then under Full Catalyst Software Suite (Recommended) choose your operating system, make sure you choose the right bits. Then click Download. Once downloaded run the .exe.
when i try to plug anything into my new card, nothing happens with the video at all, my system thinks there is nothing there.

i think i plugged everything in, i took out my previous card, and put the new one in the same slot, and it looked to fit i slid it in all the way, and just shut my case...was there anything else i have to do

i ran the exe installer, and it made a folder and put drivers there, the installation cd is still not working though
Quote from logitekg25 :when i try to plug anything into my new card, nothing happens with the video at all, my system thinks there is nothing there.

i think i plugged everything in, i took out my previous card, and put the new one in the same slot, and it looked to fit i slid it in all the way, and just shut my case...was there anything else i have to do

i ran the exe installer, and it made a folder and put drivers there, the installation cd is still not working though

Your PSU may not have a PCI-E connector, but you DEFINITELY need to plug one in. At the back of the card there will be a slot with 6 pins. That's where it needs to be plugged.
what does the pci-e thing look like, the thing i plugged the card into looks like it fits perfectly tbh

EDIT: i think i plugged it into the second one down
Quote from logitekg25 :what does the pci-e thing look like, the thing i plugged the card into looks like it fits perfectly tbh

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... px-PCI_und_PCIe_Slots.jpg" alt="" onload="imageAutoSize(this)" />

That's just the PCI-e slot you put the card into. The card you bought has an external power connector you need to plug a PCI-e power cable into. It looks like this:

If you're not sure if you have one of those, look at the sticker on the side of your PSU for a make/model and post it here.
Quote from logitekg25 :what does the pci-e thing look like, the thing i plugged the card into looks like it fits perfectly tbh

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... px-PCI_und_PCIe_Slots.jpg" alt="" onload="imageAutoSize(this)" />

No, you need a power source for the card, which is another cable coming from your PSU which has 6 pins on it.

Looks like this: http://techreport.com/r.x/psus-0907/pcie-connectors.jpg
Goes in here- in those 6 pin slots: http://techreport.com/r.x/radeon-hd-5700/card-5770-3q.jpg
whoa....what do you guys need to know about my system to see if it has it?

thanks for the help, and sorry im such a noob
Quote from logitekg25 :whoa....what do you guys need to know about my system to see if it has it?

thanks for the help, and sorry im such a noob

The make and model number of the PSU. Look at the sticker on the side of the power supply. Post anything you think looks relevant.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG