The online racing simulator
enough now just post a time or shut up..
Quote from jibber :This message is hidden because dawesdust_12 is on your ignore list.

hehehehehe

Seriously quit with the whole biased arguing, Danowat clearly had a point, most of you here are just gonna disregard what he says cos he likes Forza. I have news for you all, you can like both Xbox and PS3 specific games you don't have to be biased. Not naming any names... BORIS, DUSTIN.
I can't find it on the PSN....I don't need a system update either

Where is it
Quote from Gills4life :Some people here had no intention in giving positive feedback anyway.

I guess that was directed at me.

I'll call a spade a spade, I just call it as I see it, if I was impressed with it, I'd have said so, regardless, I have no "loyalty" to anything.

I "like" the GT series, but I still maintain it doesn't, even in its latest guise, give a good "impression" of driving a real, high performance car, other products do a better job of that.
Quote from funRacer[83] :enough now just post a time or shut up..

Totally agree with you. Sheesh, if people don't like it, that is their opinion.

Now that you guys have said your times, it makes me feel seriously-slow.

Stock 370z - 1.55
Tuned 370z - 1.42

Oh well. Last time I checked I was 10xxth.
Quote from Gills4life :Your majesty!! :bowdown:

Have you ever driven a car on a track (in real life) and explored its behaviour at the limit? Right...

Quote from Boris Lozac :What have the two of you smoked i don't know.. but i'm having totally opposite impression..

Same question here.

Quote from danowat :I guess that was directed at me.

I'll call a spade a spade, I just call it as I see it, if I was impressed with it, I'd have said so, regardless, I have no "loyalty" to anything.

I "like" the GT series, but I still maintain it doesn't, even in its latest guise, give a good "impression" of driving a real, high performance car, other products do a better job of that.

+1

I'll still get the game by the way. For the same reasons Matrixi mentioned. It'll be fun nonetheless.

PS: I use a G25 of course.
Quote from spanks :I can't find it on the PSN....I don't need a system update either

Where is it

try one of the European accounts (GB)..

-----------------------------------------------------

@jibber

you played it then let us see your times. ;D
----------------------------------------------------------

@Furiously-Fast

at least I am faster then you, but now don´t tell me you drive with gamepad.
It's pretty funny that some people say this does in no way compare to real cars on real tracks and some people do feel that this does reflect real life experience on real tracks...

Did everyone remember to switch the steering setting to 'Simulation'? The G25 runs on 'Arcade' by default. It's somewhere in the wheel settings.

Vain
Quote from funRacer[83] :
@jibber
you played it then let us see your times. ;D

I don't remember the time for the standard car, but with the tuned one it was something like an 1:42:XX, which involved some swearing and "WTF?!" moments.
Quote from Vain :It's pretty funny that some people say this does in no way compare to real cars on real tracks and some people do feel that this does reflect real life experience on real tracks...

Did everyone remember to switch the steering setting to 'Simulation'? The G25 runs on 'Arcade' by default. It's somewhere in the wheel settings.

I've checked all the possible settings and made sure everything was on simulation mode, etc.

As for the different impressions... I can see why this is. The cars now feel very good when you're driving normally. This is why i mentioned NFS Shift, or if you want Rfactor aswell. So for normal racing, with just slightly loosing the rear end sometimes (minimal slides), i can understand how some people might say it's really good. This is why i mentioned physics behaviour past the limits of the car a few times, because that's what's really wrong with GT5. But this will only be felt by people who think it's fun to push cars to their limits and enjoy an occasional slide or even attempt something terribly stupid like drifting.
Quote from funRacer[83] :
at least I am faster then you, but now don´t tell me you drive with gamepad.

You bet, lol. My wheel only works of the PC, and if it did work on the PS3, I would have nowhere to put the wheel.

I really want this game now. Imagine all the cars imported from GT4 (which they are) with 130 new ones! Having alot of credits to spend on cars will make this game flippin' addictive!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :You bet, lol. My wheel only works of the PC, and if it did work on the PS3, I would have nowhere to put the wheel.

What wheel is it? My Momo black works just fine (although not all buttons work etc.), so does the DFP etc.. So i'm guessing pretty much all Logitech wheels work.
They do. G25 goes into DFP compatibility mode. Momo Black worked on like everything on the PS2, dunno about Momo Red. DFP works (obviously), DFGT works (likely in DFP mode as well), then there's a bunch of vibration wheels that work as well.

Then the Fanatec apparently works, as does a lot of random gamepads...

Nobody can say that the PS3 lacks hardware support, unlike the 360 that supports.. 2 wheels?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :You bet, lol. My wheel only works of the PC, and if it did work on the PS3, I would have nowhere to put the wheel.

I really want this game now. Imagine all the cars imported from GT4 (which they are) with 130 new ones! Having alot of credits to spend on cars will make this game flippin' addictive!

My 19" TFT is broken so I put my 37" LCD on the Desk and its great like this.

Just drove a 1.51.471. with the stock 370z I am getting better. :up:
After another 10 laps with each car:

Nissan stock: 1:52:101

Nissan tuned: 1:40:028
I'm pretty rusty Haven't drove LFS in a year and a half. After 20 minutes today with Stock version, i had 1:54. Have to go under 1:51 when i get from work..
I can't wait for next friday.. will be able to play this properly with my G25..

Also... I wish Bob could convince his bosses to send me a copy of Supercar Challenge... I remember hearing about it when it came out, but then realized it's not coming out here.. which is irritating. Or on Amazon, or on <insert N.A shipping store here>.

F-king internet, failing me now.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :They do. G25 goes into DFP compatibility mode. Momo Black worked on like everything on the PS2, dunno about Momo Red. DFP works (obviously), DFGT works (likely in DFP mode as well), then there's a bunch of vibration wheels that work as well.

Then the Fanatec apparently works, as does a lot of random gamepads...

Nobody can say that the PS3 lacks hardware support, unlike the 360 that supports.. 2 wheels?

You forgot the Fanetec. That makes it three.

Anyway i'll have to try this when I get chance.
No, The fantatec is 2. The 360 Wireless wheel + the Fanatec = 2 wheels that work on Xbox.

Wii (for some reason) has more than that.
@dawedust_12

I don´t know where you live but on amazon.co.uk you can buy it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/System ... qid=1261089659&sr=8-1

oh I just realised you live in canada, still you can buy it from amazon.co.uk they will deliver it to you..
Just like every other sim out there, if you give 100 people the sim with the same controls, you'll get a split of "I love it, it's the bestest ever", "it's okay, but not much better, if at all, over previous sims/versions" and "there is something wrong here".

I don't believe all of it is trolling or fanboyism - I like to think that I'm honest about my feelings of the various sims out there (obviously haven't tried GT5, as I don't own a PS3) from LFS, iRacing, nKP, rFactor etc etc. Each one has strengths over the others (rFactor's being the brake squeal), but at the end of the day it's what feels right to each other.

I've driven racing cars, and I base my opinions on how games feel in comparison. But other race car drivers come to different conclusions of what is realistic. I suppose that how each of us 'compensates' for the lack of actually being in a car is the biggest differential - the cues we use in a game are, obviously, quite different to real life in that respect.

I rely massively on FFB, which is one of the reasons I don't rate iRacing and rFactor on. But other people - perhaps who rely on FFB less, might think they have the best FFB? Maybe if you rely on it even more it that I do it's also useful. Graphics mean nothing to me as a player. Sound is important - I'm generally quicker (relative to the majority of players) in sims with simulated sound rather than sampled sounds.

I'm going to think about this some more...
Quote from tristancliffe :Just like every other sim out there, if you give 100 people the sim with the same controls, you'll get a split of "I love it, it's the bestest ever", "it's okay, but not much better, if at all, over previous sims/versions" and "there is something wrong here".

I don't believe all of it is trolling or fanboyism - I like to think that I'm honest about my feelings of the various sims out there (obviously haven't tried GT5, as I don't own a PS3) from LFS, iRacing, nKP, rFactor etc etc. Each one has strengths over the others (rFactor's being the brake squeal), but at the end of the day it's what feels right to each other.

I've driven racing cars, and I base my opinions on how games feel in comparison. But other race car drivers come to different conclusions of what is realistic. I suppose that how each of us 'compensates' for the lack of actually being in a car is the biggest differential - the cues we use in a game are, obviously, quite different to real life in that respect.

I rely massively on FFB, which is one of the reasons I don't rate iRacing and rFactor on. But other people - perhaps who rely on FFB less, might think they have the best FFB? Maybe if you rely on it even more it that I do it's also useful. Graphics mean nothing to me as a player. Sound is important - I'm generally quicker (relative to the majority of players) in sims with simulated sound rather than sampled sounds.

True. All of us can rate physics differently, it' just what personally feels right to you. And i agree, FFB is the most important thing as that's the only thing that transfers and reacts with you. Since we can't simulate 'but feel', ffb is the only thing that can talk to us. That's why i always liked LFS more then others, it's just has the 'right' FFB, and so does this GT demo, even GT5p had better FFB then any ISI seem out there, to me at least..
Quote from jibber :Have you ever driven a car on a track (in real life) and explored its behaviour at the limit? Right...

Yes I have. FWD, RWD and AWD. Anything else ma'am?

Quote from obsolum :I guess we can just assume that "some people" were going to give positive feedback no matter what then, too

The thing is, most drawbacks of the demo could very well be fixed in the full version. I find it interesting that a couple have nothing positive to say and only pick out the negatives, when there are likely to be quite a few in only roughly 200mb. The physics are certainly better. The feeling through my Fanatec has been improved so much and the car reacts more realistically than they did in Prologue. Other "products" might do a more realistic job, but then that's not hard if you base it on a 200mb demonstration of the improvement in driving physics. I have no particular loyalty either Danowat, 'cept perhaps for LFS and RBR (not that there is any competition for RBR anyway), but I will still call shenanigans when I sees them! I appreciate that everyone can have their own opinion though, it just seems that sometimes people only comment with only intentions on trolling. I am sure you're not one of them so I am sorry if it seemed that I directed that comment at you.

Personally I am impressed with the improvements and look forward to what they manage to do to finish the game off over the next 6 months or so. The replays look awesome and the car moves about so realistically! I spend so much time just watching replays. :eek:

Quote from danowat :I guess that was directed at me.

EDIT:
Good post..
Quote from tristancliffe :Just like every other sim out there, if you give 100 people the sim with the same controls, you'll get a split of "I love it, it's the bestest ever", "it's okay, but not much better, if at all, over previous sims/versions" and "there is something wrong here".

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG