The online racing simulator
Quote from bbman :Read it again arox, nothing about drivers there... On that note, Yoong might be the worst person to learn from... Unless you want to be really slow on the track, then he'll be the best teacher you can ever have...

He was probably the first driver to graduate from James May's Captain Slow Academy.
Honestly and in my opinion, the only reason why Yoong is there in the first place is because he's Malaysian. I don't think he'll be lucky when Fernandes steps down from Lotus.
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
Quote from el pibe :WHAT THE F!@$@#$ IS THAT?

That, is a blasphemy to the image of God and it's hand crafted legendary F1 circuits.

So is the current Silverstone...
So nothing really changes. We need the old Silverstone back. Blindingly fast corners followed by idiotically long straights followed by the occasional hairpin, and that's it.
Engineered overtaking opportunities
Quote from DejaVu :Engineered overtaking opportunities

Well I think the OWG have realised that the best way to make overtaking easier is by changing the tracks rather than the cars. Silverstone has always produced good racing, this new section looks like it could produce even more overtaking, and since it has saved the British GP I love it.
I like the upgrade and you could tell for ages this was going to happen, as there was already parts of road where this layout goes in place.
Anyone got a picture of the new layout?
Quote from BlueFlame :Anyone got a picture of the new layout?

I'm not 100% sure if this is it cuz this is MotoGP stuff? But i think it is for F1 aswell
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well I think the OWG have realised that the best way to make overtaking easier is by changing the tracks rather than the cars. Silverstone has always produced good racing, this new section looks like it could produce even more overtaking, and since it has saved the British GP I love it.

Flatout, hairpin, flatout, hairpin, flatout with a few fast corners where cars have to run like trains, boring.
I was hoping they'd join the National Circuit to the club circuit with some sort ofmedium speed sweeper, which only the brave or mad would take flat, but unfortunately it looks like it will follow the stop-start nature of more modern tracks which is a shame.

Still, the run down the national straight to Brooklands should be a good overtaking opportunity, and from the stands you'll get an even better view.
they have manged to add a decent sized striaght in there which would be awesome if the team decide to use KERS next season
think i saw aquote somewhere that if they got the F1 conract they would be altering the published plans to turn the hairpin left onto the national straight into a sweeping bend

given they're moving the startline to before abbey it's a pity they cant smooth out that hairpin right which is the new T1 to give then a long fast run till the left onto the national straight and then the fast run down to brooklands. if there was a long run to the left then the hairpin design would be pretty good especially with another straight imediatley after. you could imagine someone making a pass into the hairpin and then the other can making a bid down the next straight
New Points System for 2010?
Thats a good change imo. They have done something RIGHT!!!
Indeed.

Sounds reasonable.

Atleast it looks like they put some thought in this instead of just coming up with something randomly....
To OP: British GP isn't at donnington
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80521

Looks good to me, glad to see they have finally come up with a proper points system that gives a greater reward to race winners and podium finishers.

The proposed points system is awful. It still devalues winning... the ratio of points for the position to points available is still the same for the top three spots (i.e., 1.0, 0.8, 0.6). It won't change anything.

Better scheme: 16-12-9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. There are progressively larger gaps between the top positions, adding a greater incentive to finish on the podium.
jus take the point structure of motorbike racing xD
Quote from tmehlinger :The proposed points system is awful. It still devalues winning... the ratio of points for the position to points available is still the same for the top three spots (i.e., 1.0, 0.8, 0.6). It won't change anything.

Better scheme: 16-12-9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. There are progressively larger gaps between the top positions, adding a greater incentive to finish on the podium.

That's hardly any different. 1.0 - 0.75 - 0.56

Bike points (25-20-16) is exactly the same ratio as the current system.

Problem is that if you make the ratio wider then 6 wins out of 7 races makes the gap even wider. There might also be an better chance of closing a gap, but a runaway leader would only need to be consistent and conservative to maintain a gap.

Other options depend on what you want. The medals system would at least encourage drivers to try to win. If you want to guarantee a close finish then there's NASCAR's chase system (artificial). Take that one step further and have the first 17 races scoring points to form the grid for the 18th race and the winner of the last race is champion.

As long as the best driver / car package wins then the result is just, whatever system is used.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :

Bike points (25-20-16) is exactly the same ratio as the current system.

No it isn't...

Quote from Autosport :In today's Commission meeting, chaired by Bernie Ecclestone and attended by FIA president Jean Todt, a new scoring system was put forward which will award 25 points to each race winner, 20 for second place, 15 for third and 10 for fourth, before descending 8-6-5-3-2-1 for fifth through 10th positions.

So, is it fun being so anal with that stick up your ass?

Quote from dawesdust_12 :So, is it fun being so anal with that stick up your ass?

It's no suprise you are using anal in the way it was really intended.
Are you enjoying being an argumentative prick, or is it just a side effect from being so lonely?

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG