The online racing simulator
It's not even confirmed. If he still sustained a neck injury after 6months, chances are, he still has problems with it now. It won't happen.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I really don't get why there's a 2 points gap between 5th and 6th and 7th and 8th, while there's a 1 point gap between 6th and 7th

Meh, the rest of the system looks okay anyway...

Yeah that is a bit weird. Is there some extra kudos that goes with finishing in the top 7? Has there notoriously been a lack of action in the 7th and 8th place region of the field, and they need to encourage battling for that 7th place by offering an extra point?

I also think the difference between 1st and 2nd should be larger than the gap between 2nd and 3rd, and the gap between 3rd and 4th.

It's like they can't make their minds up. One minute they're saying 1 point for a win and none for everyone else (the stupid gold medal thing they were on about not so long ago) and now they're saying the overtaking move for 3rd place should be worth as much as the overtaking move for 1st place, (5 extra points).
When talking about overtaking, it's bullshit, everyone on this forum would overtake on LFS, regardless of the prospect of gaining a point or not. Makes no difference, an overtake is an overtake, last place or first (well, second... :P)

Making the points tally larger for coming first is like giving a child more candy for doing more good deeds, they don't benefit. The difference of 25 points to 10 is as we all know 15, but if you win every race you win the championship, so it makes no difference whether the points are 25,10 or 1. A win is a win, it shouldn't matter how progressive the points are, and in the old days it was still only points to 6th place and they had 32car grids in the early 90's and late 80's.

25 points is still a win, 10points is still a win, I just don't see the point in 'offering more points to the drivers' when, if anything all it does is encourage them not to try as hard, because there are MORE points paying positions.
Their logic is that there's more cars, so more teams should get points.

It's retarded.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Their logic is that there's more cars, so more teams should get points.

It's retarded.

It makes sense in a minor way, but in so many ways it makes no sense at all, the fact that F1 has been running top#6 points since almost the beginning and then top#8 points since 2001? There will only be 26 cars on the grid, which isn't the biggest grid F1 has ever seen at all. In the early 90's cars wouldn't get past qualification and there would still be a bigger grid than 26 cars!
There should be points for every single position on the grid, then the competition between the backmarkers and some of the great racing at the back of the grid would actually mean something in terms of championship position.
Quote from lamerr :Why? Hes back racing for Mercedes next year alongside Nico Hulkenberg! This will be awesome, can`t wait to see the rain master back on track..

How? I thought he wasn't even fit enough to replace Massa this year because of his neck. How's he going to be able to go an entire season?
Maybe he only had trouble when in an F1 car, might not be causing problems in daily life so he forgot about it but with the neck strains in F1 hes felt it come back and hes been having physio on it or something.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :There should be points for every single position on the grid, then the competition between the backmarkers and some of the great racing at the back of the grid would actually mean something in terms of championship position.

It does already, what with the results countback when on equal points (including when on zero points)

I think top ten with 26 cars is the maximum. It should mean something to get a point scoring finish, unlike NASCAR or IRL.
Quote from ultrataco :How? I thought he wasn't even fit enough to replace Massa this year because of his neck. How's he going to be able to go an entire season?

Forget it, it's a PR-stunt to get coverage on the newly taken over Mercedes team, nothing else... It would be awesome if I'm wrong, but I'm usually not about those things...
Quote from bbman :Forget it, it's a PR-stunt to get coverage on the newly taken over Mercedes team, nothing else... It would be awesome if I'm wrong, but I'm usually not about those things...

His behavour certainly correlates with the idea he is making a comeback. not even dedicated karters spend as much time in a kart than he is at the moment. Karts are fun, but there comes a point where you ask - why is he doing SO much? There has to be a reason.
in autosport this week ralf is saying that michael is spending an awfull lot of time in the gym for someone who's retired and he thinks he could be making a return. of course ralf is a merc driver and could just be adding to the hype to help their publicity
A problem with the neck generally lasts for a persons life time, and the high load an F1 driver, or any other professional race driver suffers is obviously a great problem. 6months is a long time, like I said, if he still had problems after 6months chances it's a problem that will never go away.
Lets drop the Schumi stuff now....

More importantly, where is the 09 season clip?

FIA Gala awards happened on Friday; but still no videos of the 09 season.

Did they not do it this year or something?
Focus and Bild in Germany are reporting that Mercedes and Schumi have reached agreement 3.5m for one year. It'll probably also cost a few million to release him from his Ferrari contract, if true.
I'd love to see Schumi come back. Any man willing to put his reputation on the line time after time deserves respect. This is a man who flew all the way to Las Vegas to race karts, and be somewhat humbled by the competition, yet he still has the fire to continue racing. A true legend!
Quote from Intrepid :I'd love to see Schumi come back. Any man willing to put his reputation on the line time after time deserves respect. This is a man who flew all the way to Las Vegas to race karts, and be somewhat humbled by the competition, yet he still has the fire to continue racing. A true legend!

Please, just stfu.
Quote from Intrepid :I'd love to see Schumi come back. Any man willing to put his reputation on the line time after time deserves respect. This is a man who flew all the way to Las Vegas to race karts, and be somewhat humbled by the competition, yet he still has the fire to continue racing. A true legend!

Alan, where's your jab about the BBC being a waste of public money?

You're slipping up man!
Schumi does karting, so that means he's awesome and really great and karting is great so Schumi is great, but Massa does karting too so he is good and Liuzzi and Pizzonia they are all karting in brazil so it means they are really good and karting is great.
Just read a small comment from James Allen in a reply to one of his posts that he now believes Schumacher is making a return. It's on!
Heard that before....
Quote from Intrepid :Just read a small comment from James Allen in a reply to one of his posts that he now believes Schumacher is making a return. It's on!

Of course, James Allen is the most trusted man in the world, he never ever got anything wrong when commentating, ever.

Apart from, well, all the time.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG