The online racing simulator
Quote from lysergic :Is it possible to have RegisteredUsers listed in an external txt file?

yes, stuff those lines into another file and use this:

# File with SRV items to include at this place - string
# If the defined file exists, its contents would be virtually pasted
# at the place of this directive and fully processed.
IncludeFile=

@bunder9999: thanks
Thanks for the reply.

Will be buying full version after xmas!!

Cheers

Mell
Is there like a start-up guide for dummies, cause after 2 hours of trying i can't get the damn thing to run.

After setting up the dedicated server and the connection info in airio.con1, when i try to run Airio.exe it just wont run, "The application failed to initialize properly"... i followed all the steps in the short config guide.

EDIT: Nvm, found out that my net.framework was outdated, forgot to update it after i reinstalled XP a week ago.
Quote from EQ Worry :I think it is an ommision/inconsistency. Either TC should not be configurable on track, only in pits (such as ABS is), or it should be part of player data with updates (such as auto gears are). As the TC is reported now, it really has no value, as it cannot be checked. And, btw, nice skins you do.

Hi, me again

With the recent changes to the dash lights insim, would it now be possible to use this to detect if TC is on or off ?
Quote from Bean0 :Hi, me again

With the recent changes to the dash lights insim, would it now be possible to use this to detect if TC is on or off ?

The DashLights are part of OutGauge, not InSim
There are several problems with that:
  1. Because OutGauge is not part of InSim, it does not provide means to identify the player it's sending data for.
  2. OutGauge is sending data for the player currently "in focus", while InSim does provide information about the view that's being used, it does not provide an ID of the player that's being viewed. The only distinction it makes is between itself and another player, on a dedicated host it's obviously always VIEW_ANOTHER
TC should be added to the player flags and be sent via IS_PFL as suggested by EQ Worry, I'll post a suggestion if there isn't one already.
Quote from bunder9999 :also, i hate to be a pain, but what's the difference between driving points and playing points?

The difference is what you make it. On each server you have the option to turn on/off these two special point counters, one called "for driving", the other "for playing". For example you can have them turned off all the time and turn on just one of the categories for some special event (weekly long race), then turn it off again. You can use the other category for some different type of scores, but both will be always readily available.

Quote from lysergic :Is it possible to have RegisteredUsers listed in an external txt file?

Indeed, as already pointed out, you can move any items of CFG and SRV files into custom files using IncludeFile directive. Included files can also contain IncludeFile. It may be handy to move to external files e.g. all texts (welcome messages, timed messages, rules) or limad names or curse list, etc.

Quote from Mell1234 :Will be buying full version after xmas!!

Great, I can't wait.

Quote from Dj Haip :After setting up the dedicated server and the connection info in airio.con1, when i try to run Airio.exe it just wont run, "The application failed to initialize properly"... i followed all the steps in the short config guide.

Yes, as you already know, "improper inicialization" is a Windows system message saying that .NET Framework 2.0 or higher is not installed. On Linux you need Mono libraries, Airio then runs stable even on this system.

Quote from Bean0 :With the recent changes to the dash lights insim, would it now be possible to use this to detect if TC is on or off ?

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think there were no changes to InSim data for almost a year now. And that means TC check is still unachievable...

Quote from morpha :TC should be added to the player flags and be sent via IS_PFL as suggested by EQ Worry, I'll post a suggestion if there isn't one already.

Please let me know where you're putting InSim changes suggestions, I might add a few more.
Index was outside array..?
Found this in airio.log/console.log

Quote from airio.log :

09.11.21 20:17:15 #1 C74P60 xxx - xxx : !rs
09.11.21 20:17:15 #1 AIRIO ERROR: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
bei LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.Command1(String part1, String part2, String part3) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Command1.cs:Zeile 1186.
bei LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.ProcPreMsg(String comm) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Command.cs:Zeile 74.
bei LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.Message_Handler(Connection sender, Message m) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Actions.cs:Zeile 49.
09.11.21 20:17:16 #1 C74P60 xxx : !rs

09.11.21 20:17:28 #1 C74P60 xxx - xxx : !rs
09.11.21 20:17:28 #1 AIRIO ERROR: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
bei LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.Command1(String part1, String part2, String part3) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Command1.cs:Zeile 1186.
bei LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.ProcPreMsg(String comm) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Command.cs:Zeile 74.
bei LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.Message_Handler(Connection sender, Message m) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Actions.cs:Zeile 49.
09.11.21 20:17:28 #1 C74P60 xxx : !rs

09.11.21 20:18:03 #1 C74P60 xxx - xxx : !rs
09.11.21 20:18:03 #1 AIRIO ERROR: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.

@ EQ Worry
Hi EQ Worry,

My name is Garally, Creator / Founder / Leader of B2R (Born2Race) Racing Team, Can I request
the FULL Version Airio from you? Let me know, I'm at Garally@hotmail.com

Thanks

Garally
Quote :The difference is what you make it. On each server you have the option to turn on/off these two special point counters, one called "for driving", the other "for playing". For example you can have them turned off all the time and turn on just one of the categories for some special event (weekly long race), then turn it off again. You can use the other category for some different type of scores, but both will be always readily available.

i guess it's time for me to read the documentation again.

Quote from Garally :Hi EQ Worry,

My name is Garally, Creator / Founder / Leader of B2R (Born2Race) Racing Team, Can I request
the FULL Version Airio from you? Let me know, I'm at Garally@hotmail.com

Thanks

Garally

it doesn't come for cheap... i hope you got a hefty wallet.
lol Bunder9999

Not too deep I hope

@ EQ Worry - just email me details please and I will decide from there

Thank you

B2R Garally
Quote from bunder9999 :it doesn't come for cheap... i hope you got a hefty wallet.

considering the amount of work it took to create it, Worry's availability whenever an issue arrives, and the pure versatility of the options it provides....it's worth every penny and then some.

great job EQ.
Quote from VoiD :Found this in airio.log/console.log

Thanks! I'll check on this, it looks like some array the !rs command uses is not properly initialized sometime...

Quote from Garally :Can I request the FULL Version Airio from you? Let me know...

Of course! To save myself from explaining over and over again, I created a short text about how to get the FULL version here, 2nd section. I hope you'll understand... I'll also contact you using the mail or MSN/ICQ in case you have some questions etc.

Quote from z-ro 8 :considering the amount of work it took to create it, Worry's availability whenever an issue arrives, and the pure versatility of the options it provides....it's worth every penny and then some. great job EQ.

Thanks!!! It is hard/impossible to do everything people can think of, you see. But I'm trying to add things that are really generally usable, always as somehow configurable options...
@ EQ Worry
Yup I do think it's worth every penny however I do have a budget all the same

Ok EQ Worry! I just wanted to make sure the site was real and you were
aware that I wanted to get Full Ario b4 going ahead, However I really need
2 hav a chat with you 1st to clear some things up! Add me to your MSN as I
dont have your details, Once I get message from you in msn I can speak with
you to see IF we can arrange something or not

Cheers!

B2R Garally
Quote from Garally :Yup I do think it's worth every penny however I do have a budget all the same ... I just wanted to make sure the site was real ...

Yes, we all have a budget... Site is real too, Airio works, usually I'm available to solve any issues and discuss new features etc. Not everything is possible to add overnight, but when I find some free time I devote it to Airio development and testing... I added you to MSN, mine is available (I think) under my name here in the left column.
About this:

# Number of allowed running race rejoins - integer
# Number of tries to rejoin before kick - integer
# Race progress percentage after which rejoin is not possible - integer
NumRejoins=1
KickRejoin=4
RaceRejoin=8

Works with race laps and minutes duration ?

And /midrace in setup.cfg i need set to yes or to no ?
Quote from michele0676 :About this:

# Number of allowed running race rejoins - integer
# Number of tries to rejoin before kick - integer
# Race progress percentage after which rejoin is not possible - integer
NumRejoins=1
KickRejoin=4
RaceRejoin=8

Works with race laps and minutes duration ?

And /midrace in setup.cfg i need set to yes or to no ?

it should work, and midrace should be set to yes.

with those settings airio will allow one race (re)join, but only if 8% of the race hasn't been completed yet, and will spectate anyone who tries to get back in, with a limit of four, at which point it will kick the person trying to rejoin.
Exactly as Bunder says. Because you set percentage, it works both with laps and minutes...
Hi,

on the AA server and also the Spain server 2 I have been spectated for idling when doing a pit penalty [stop go]. Is that just because the idle timer is low or is it an issue?

Mell
Aaaah, you're right! Now what a bad hidden bug... Thanks for info! I'll make sure this is solved in the next Airio version. You in fact need to stop for quite long, 30 seconds instead of required 10, but it certainly is a bug.
Glad to help (it isnt cuz I am that bad ;-) )

Mell

Quote from EQ Worry :Aaaah, you're right! Now what a bad hidden bug... Thanks for info! I'll make sure this is solved in the next Airio version. You in fact need to stop for quite long, 30 seconds instead of required 10, but it certainly is a bug.

Hey guys

I'm looking to start hosting a server for facepunch.com (huge-ass forum), and I'm pretty sure I want to use Airio to power it. Few questions though:

1. I'd like to debrand it (so no servername-airio powered messages) if possible, but I don't want all the FULL features. Any pricing on this?

2. Limads are designated with Limadlevel=lfsusername, correct? I'd like to be able to set full admins without having to dole out the admin password to everyone.

Thanks

-luaduck (me@luaduck.co.uk)
Hi!

Quote from luaduck :1. I'd like to debrand it (so no servername-airio powered messages) if possible, but I don't want all the FULL features. Any pricing on this?

I think here we're talking about messages shown as buttons in server "logo" (e.g. on race restart) with "Airio Powered", and also in personal options screen. There are also lines line "Developed by ... available at ...".

I could very well add an option to optionally remove the Airio Powered text from logo, but I would not like to remove myself and the web link from options screen or !ver command output.

Would it be enough to remove the Powered text? There would be no price on this, it will be available to everyone from next release.

Quote from luaduck :2. Limads are designated with Limadlevel=lfsusername, correct? I'd like to be able to set full admins without having to dole out the admin password to everyone.

You may, even in the FREE version, define usernames as Limad4=somename. These people will be virtual admins. They would not have/use server password, but Airio will allow them all the actions admins can do.

BUT. They will still not be able to use / server commands (such as /restart or /cars), that is not possible without server pass. They must use Airio commands for this, which mimick LFS commands except there's ! at the beginning and = is replaced by a space. Virtual admins can thus type !cars xfg+xrg or !restart, which will be converted to server commands and executed by Airio using its complete admin rights.

In this sense virtual admins have indirect access to server commands. It is also possible se set which of these commands will be actually available...
Quote from EQ Worry :Would it be enough to remove the Powered text? There would be no price on this, it will be available to everyone from next release.

Would be awesome, I'll still give you props though. Thanks!

Quote from EQ Worry :You may, even in the FREE version, define usernames as Limad4=somename. These people will be virtual admins. They would not have/use server password, but Airio will allow them all the actions admins can do.

BUT. They will still not be able to use / server commands (such as /restart or /cars), that is not possible without server pass. They must use Airio commands for this, which mimick LFS commands except there's ! at the beginning and = is replaced by a space. Virtual admins can thus type !cars xfg+xrg or !restart, which will be converted to server commands and executed by Airio using its complete admin rights.

In this sense virtual admins have indirect access to server commands. It is also possible se set which of these commands will be actually available...

Awesome, thanks
How can i set fxos to be with 3% intake restriction? thanks

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG