The online racing simulator
Quote from LiveForBoobs :When we use the handbrake, aren't the brake lights supposed to turn on? It always confused me seeing cars stopped on handbrake with all lights off, like they had the engine turned off. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to implement? Just a small observation, which i'm sure Scawen is aware of anyway.

On many cars brake lights also work when the engine is turned off. But handbrake has no effect on the lights.

So lfs, is correct at this point.
-
(yaper) DELETED by yaper
Quote from ADX.14 :Options - View

Look function: steer

Rotate view: doesn't work.

Probably you are using CamLevel.
Dont know if its a bug, but i noticed some weird 1pixel shaking on skidpad. Driving XRR and on cinematic view.

1pixel i mean like, camera shaked from 1pixel to left and right.
That look feature works fine here with Z22. moves my head around when i turn the wheel.
Quote from senn :That look feature works fine here with Z22. moves my head around when i turn the wheel.

You misunderstood what he reported.

Yes, the steer-look works fine, however the static view rotation setting does not as soon as steer-look is activated.
Sorry if that's already been asked/answered, but I'm just wondering if it would be possible to add another function that allows us to edit the colour of the new digital gear indicator.
+1, red things on the dash scare me.
Quote from AndroidXP :You misunderstood what he reported.

Yes, the steer-look works fine, however the static view rotation setting does not as soon as steer-look is activated.

Of course it doesn't because it's now linked to steering? The only possible reason i could see for setting the static with steer look is so u could have your head turned constantly....which would be weird?
That's not as "of course" as you think it is. Personally I don't even know why anyone would want to use the view rotation to begin with, or why anyone would need to have these two features work together, but technically it is indeed something that isn't right (= a bug).

The view rotation should either work as an offset additional to the actual look or the rotation slider should disappear as soon as the rotation gets overridden by another look functionality. The former solution would be better (and should IMO be hardly more than one line of code change), because I can guarantee you at some point someone will show up with an obscure case where he needs exactly that to work.

\/\/\/ Wow, never noticed that. The same thing seems to happen when you write with white ink on white paper. Who would've guessed? :doh:
bug?
if you write text with white to plate then its empty
No, not a bug, because the numberplate background is white so if you write in white then of course you wont see it.
Scawen, put the rearlight on outer lights and brakelight on center ones, looks much better like that
Quote from danthebangerboy :No, not a bug, because the numberplate background is white so if you write in white then of course you wont see it.

i think plate background is yellow?
Quote from Gegry1992 :i think plate background is yellow?

White on the front and yellow on the rear.

As required by law in the UK.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Scawen, put the rearlight on outer lights and brakelight on center ones, looks much better like that

+1, looks much more sexy this way
Quote from Gegry1992 :i think plate background is yellow?

Yes, but the plate dds file is white, lfs displays the rear one as yellow, and before you say 'but there is a yellow and a white plate in the dds file', write in the light blue colour and have a look for yourself, on the front its blue, and on the back its green, which proves it, the white background is used for both plates and LFS renders the rear one to be yellow.
Attached images
front plate.jpg
rear plate.jpg
The best solution would obviously be to render the text alphablended (a simple on/off alphatest probably suffices) on a otherwise invisible polygon directly over the licenseplate.dds. That way only the texture is used for the background, finally allowing non-UK countries to get rid of the ugly yellow backplates.
Quote from AndroidXP :The best solution would obviously be to render the text alphablended (a simple on/off alphatest probably suffices) on a otherwise invisible polygon directly over the licenseplate.dds. That way only the texture is used for the background, finally allowing non-UK countries to get rid of the ugly yellow backplates.

This is true, although why not just use both,especially as the dds file has got a front and rear plate anyway why not just have LFS use one for the front and one for the rear as its already there anyway, that way people could change them according to their country as you say.
Hi! In following patch there will be new rims?
We already have new rims in this patch for XRG XRT and XRR.

here is a pic of the new ones that tomba posted back on page 2 mate.

I know, i have in view of on other cars will be new?
Hey! I just tried out the new Z22 in single player, and it's great, really interesting updates, but what about multiplayer? It shows me, that there is available just few servers. Do you have the same problem?
Quote from PioneerLv :Hey! I just tried out the new Z22 in single player, and it's great, really interesting updates, but what about multiplayer? It shows me, that there is available just few servers. Do you have the same problem?

Hint: Change the "TCP" option in bottom right
Done that, but look at the result, look at that ping! :eye-poppi
Attached images
LFS.exe 0 .jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z22 / Z25 (online compatible)
(492 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG