The online racing simulator
oooo yes please!

Looking forward to this more and more as each day goes by now!
Sweet news. 8 long days left for the demo, can't wait.
Is it an exaggeration to say that LFS engine could pull this polygon count and overall looks? (excluding the lighting)

Quote from danowat :Yeah, saw them on neogaf, looks top banana, and 19km of Almafi will be pure class.

19km of coastal road? Sounds awesome!

I just looked up some videos of the area on YouTube, and the area looks very nice.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is it an exegaration to say that LFS engine could pull this polygon count and overall looks? (excluding the lighting)

So you are comparing that to the LFS graphics engine? , blimey, your eyes must need calibrating, because it blows the LFS engine out the water by a moooohasive margin.
Quote from danowat :So you are comparing that to the LFS graphics engine? , blimey, your eyes must need calibrating, because it blows the LFS engine out the water by a moooohasive margin.

Just a thought, looking how Scirroco looks and all, i don't know the limit on number of polygons per car for LFS engine, but that Ferrari looks like XRT coming out of garage with some better lighting
Oooookkkayyy...........
I guess it depends on how cleverly shaded the LFS skin is.
They're claiming the polycount in FM3 is around a million per car (presumably that's in photo mode, no way it could run that in full race mode) so obviously a car with curves is going to look way better than anything in LFS But with clever skinning you can give the appearance of curves and lines that aren't really there.

They wouldn't stand up side by side though.
Quote from Boris Lozac :.....with some better lighting

You know that's where hundreds of hours are spend on it.
Quote from Dajmin : They're claiming the polycount in FM3 is around a million per car

A MILLION??????
You sure???

200K is considered A LOT!
Quote from JJ72 :You know that's where hundreds of hours are spend on it.

Yet it still looks "fake" somehow In photo mode and in-game.. And a million per car? Get serious guys, look at that front bumper on the Ferrari and tell me it couldn't look similiar in LFS..
Quote from JJ72 :A MILLION??????
You sure???

200K is considered A LOT!

Yup. An average of about 200k per car in Forza 2, and they said about 10 times the polycount in Forza 3. They're modelling more internal parts behind grills and stuff this time, which will add to it.
Sounds crazy to me, having grown up in the era of 8-bit pixel sprites
Well I've decided to treat myself, and have Pre-Ordered the LE of FM3 for £55 from Game. I'll be using some of my points from my Game card to get a little discount too! This Limited Edition seems to come with alot of stuff. Is it true that i get a code to get free future DLC releases?

I'm also gonna put 5000 MS points on my XBL account ready for the new GTA4 DLC, and shall be downloading Trials HD. October shall be an awesome month!
Quote from Dajmin :Yup. An average of about 200k per car in Forza 2, and they said about 10 times the polycount in Forza 3. They're modelling more internal parts behind grills and stuff this time, which will add to it.
Sounds crazy to me, having grown up in the era of 8-bit pixel sprites

I see.......

so That 1 million is actually car mesh + interior, which means it won't actually render 1 million in total on the fly. (it should have a lower poly interior mesh when you look from the outside view, and obvious no car body will be rendered when you are in the cockpit.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :This Limited Edition seems to come with alot of stuff. Is it true that i get a code to get free future DLC releases?

No, it was confirmed on FM.net that this was somehow lost in translation, and is indeed incorrect.
Look at the third post before and then page before this.
Quote from Rappa Z :Look at the third post before and then page before this.

oh whoops my bad.
OMFG a 250 GTO.
Maybe its the only one they can get their hands on?
No idea. Ferrari Challenge had the right one.

It's just sad, since it would be such a beautiful car (personally i think it's THE most beautiful car ever made :shy.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yet it still looks "fake" somehow In photo mode and in-game.. And a million per car? Get serious guys, look at that front bumper on the Ferrari and tell me it couldn't look similiar in LFS..

Yeah, thinking about it, it doesn't really look any better than LFS does.
Attached images
1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge_1.jpg
Can't tell if you're beeing sarcastic, but seriously Lighting is so fake, and polygon count really not impressive.. Compare it with this image perhaps..

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG