The online racing simulator
Ignorant people are the worst **** ever. Grow up already.
http://www.gametrailers.com/vi ... motorsport/55689?type=flv
http://www.gametrailers.com/vi ... 09-forza-motorsport/55687

Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but in-game graphics are nowhere near those bullshots/photo mode. Game as a whole just isn't in the same category as GT, and i thought it really was. It seems like a fantastic and fun game, with all the customisations and stuff, but that's about it for me, a game.. add to that a poor wheel support, and it just goes more into the Grid category, but obviously 5 times better..
come on that sound exactly like a fanboy....

it's has equal if not better physics, slightly worse graphics, pretty much the same gameplay elements and it is not in the same category? So WHAT category is GT?

Blame the wheel support on Microsoft, not Turn 10. The Fanetic is a class wheel, but probably as you are a PS3 fanboy you won't be convinced it can be as good as the G25 despite it had some more advanced hardware feature.

GRID category......pfff....you are out of your mind.
Quote from jibber :A video can always give wrong impressions...

But look at how he is turning the steering wheel. Maybe it's just me, but somehow it looks a lot like what i've seen from Forza 2 videos with the old MS wheel. It looks like the wheel just acts as a joypad.

When people started demanding G25 support in Forza 2, the final answer was something along the lines of... It wouldn't be possible to have real force feedback on the xbox, and that the MS wheel is basically a joypad that looks like a steering wheel, etc. So when i've heard about the Fanatec wheel support, i wasn't getting very excited. How should a wheel fix the xbox from not being capable of real force feedback?

Forza will always remain a joypad type of game for me. I'd love to play it with the G25 (or any similar wheel) and proper force feedback, but it won't happen anytime soon.

PS: And why should it look much different than Forza 2?

forza 3 from what i heard will be comapatble with G25
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :forza 3 from what i heard will be comapatble with G25

not possible, the g25 won't work on the xbox 360.
Why, why in-car wheel is 180° lock-to-lock? :/
@Boris.

To be frank, I really couldn't care what you, or anyone else thinks, I own both the xbox360, and a ps3, and GT5p and FM2, that combined with the fact I have owned every incarnation of GT ever made, makes me a little less of a "fanboy" IMO.

As a game, Forza has always bettered GT, its a better game, maybe it doesn't look as good, and its sad that the G25 doesn't work on the xbox, but as a whole package, Forza is better.

Those video's are CLEARLY highly compressed and lo-res, anyone can see that.
@Boris

I want some of that weed you're smoking.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
i played gt5p with a controller and it reacts very slowly, fm3 idk.
Quote from JJ72 :come on that sound exactly like a fanboy....

Nah, have i said anything wrong? I just said that it's a better GAME overall. Physics could be in the iRacing/LFS league, but it just isn't important cause you play it on the gamepad, that's why i said it's not in the same league. I would buy those Fanatec wheels in a heartbeat, some models are probably better then G25, but what's the point for it in Forza, when it works by emulating the gamepad moves, it doesn't work properly, so even if you buy one, it just acts like an enlarged gamepad..
The game has so many features, and it's probably very fun if you're into that things, but as i said, i can't put it in the same basket as GT, the wheel support alone is enough reason for that.. IMO.
And those bullshots are really shamefull, they like really have nothing to do with in-game graphics
Quote from Boris Lozac :Physics could be in the iRacing/LFS league, but it just isn't important cause you play it on the gamepad, that's why i said it's not in the same league. I would buy those Fanatec wheels in a heartbeat, some models are probably better then G25, but what's the point for it in Forza, when it works by emulating the gamepad moves, it doesn't work properly, so even if you buy one, it just acts like an enlarged gamepad..

I call BS on that.

What does a wheel do? -> analog multi axis input

What does a gamepad to? -> analog multi axis input

So are you saying Forza have linearity or sensitivity setting that were tailored for gamepad and cannot work on a wheel? If yes I want some sources on that!!
But think about the difference in the amount of analogue control you have on a pad compared to a wheel. I've tried to play LFS on a 360 pad so I feel I'm 100% qualified to say this.

On a joypad you have to cover the full in-car steering wheel rotation over the space of about half an inch - how far the analogue stick moves from one lock to the other. Even on my crappy wheel, I have 180 degrees of steering lock over something like 12 inches. That's far less game turning per real-life turning.
So console games need to have dynamic pad steering sensitivity. GTR2 has it and it's the one thing I'd like to see in LFS. The faster your car is going, the less movement the pad equates to, so correcting your line on a straight by nudging the stick doesn't make you spin out because the game interprets it as a 90 degree steering lock.

Analogue isn't the only argument, the AMOUNT of analogue is an equally important factor
Quote from JJ72 :I call BS on that.

What does a wheel do? -> analog multi axis input

What does a gamepad to? -> analog multi axis input

So are you saying Forza have linearity or sensitivity setting that were tailored for gamepad and cannot work on a wheel? If yes I want some sources on that!!

Check those drift videos on the previous page and explanations from Matrixi..
Boris, do you even own a 360?, why do you even care about FM3?
you can't tell even if he has any aids on in the video though?
Quote from danowat :Boris, do you even own a 360?, why do you even care about FM3?

Well i love a good racing sim, and i was prepared to buy a 360 if Forza 3 turned out great, but as i dive into it more, i see that it's just not my cup of tea.. As i said, if i'm playing on gamepad, then give me a Wipeout or something, i just can't get the thrill anymore by playing a somewhat realistic game without a wheel.. so i'm kinda bitching and rubbing the obvious in all your faces and stuff, killing my work time Kidding, the thing is i heard a lot of comparisons with GT, so i really thought they're comparable.. well maybe for the casual (gamepad) players, but there's really so many things separating them... and tell me honestly you don't feel tricked by those screenshots and how the game looks like actually I'm reading that Turn 10 loves to do that kind of stuff with their games..
GT5 is still vapourware, still no confirmed release date.

Luckily, when it does finally come out, I'll be in a position to enjoy both
Boris, until you've played it I don't think it's worth writing off. If you can play an arcade racer with a pad then you can handle Forza. GT is another issue for reasons I've discussed in that thread, but Forza's innate assists work really well for the pad.
Quote from danowat :GT5 is still vapourware, still no confirmed release date.

It's december this year like 95%

Quote from Dajmin :Boris, until you've played it I don't think it's worth writing off. If you can play an arcade racer with a pad then you can handle Forza. GT is another issue for reasons I've discussed in that thread, but Forza's innate assists work really well for the pad.

As i said, i believe it handles great with a pad, but i can't "get into" (realistic) driving games any more without using a wheel, it just doesn't seems right. I'm not seeing them as just another game genre..
I am sure thats what Sony and PD want us to think, but I can't help thinking its a smokescreen.

The question remains, why no confirmed release date.
Quote from danowat :
The question remains, why no confirmed release date.

They are waiting for the Tokio Game Show (end of September)
Lets hope so!!!

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG