The online racing simulator
Quote from brandons48 :I don't like them because you always start at the back, and by the time you cross the line and get to accelerate the leader is way ahead.

Do you not like a challenge? Nothing better than overtaking the field?

Quote from brandons48 :Still, why do you always start at the back?

You can qualify

Quote :I do hope they don't have that stupid STUPID _STUPID_ license system.. So bloody annoying.. And there shouldn't be tyre restrictions "Oh Noes! You no use racing tyres on your 1000hp skyline cos it unfayer you must use level1 street tyres KTHXBAI" .. And then you have NO grip.

Do you need a 1000HP Skyline in any race?

Quote :If there are 1000 cars, you should be given the cars, and just enjoy the driving. And you always end up starting with the 46hp granny cab..

Again, a challenge. I think it's great fun starting in the slower cars. Starting GT is nearly the best part of the game.
Quote from niall09 : Starting GT is nearly the best part of the game.

That would be the case if only it was fun Recipe for winning those races so far in GT was ram the oponents and go buy, without getting damaged offcourse, otherwise they'll ram you
Quote from Gills4life :Well there are going to be a couple of new manufacturers in GT5 that have not been in previous titles such as Lamborghini and Ferrari which shall increase the number of cars. I am sure there are others but I can't really be bothered to dig into researching it at this hour (sorry don't mean to sound rude!)

I don't want this to turn into a flaming war because you have got every right to voice your opinion without getting abused, however, about your comment about FM3 gfx being superior to GT5's.... whut? I mean, not only do the cars look closer to the real thing, look at the environments of GT5 too. It just looks a lot more lifelike in GT5. I know it matters little at the end of the day, as its about gameplay and feel, but still... really? I think FM3, as amazing as it may be, still looks slightly artificial graphically, like the alloys which look a tad cartoony, in my opinion. FM3 certainly does look very very nice though I won't deny that. I say all this without even trying the full release of GT5 yet, so lets not judge too much until both titles are released and tryed and tested.

I think both games will have there advantages and there disadvantages, and if I could afford to have both then I would get both. Sadly I have nowhere near enough money and so I shall just stick with the PS3 and GT5... If yous all don't mind!

You could say I am a PS3 and GT5 fanboy because I do not have a 360 and have only briefly tried Forza 2, but honestly I am pretty neutral between each, since I know that the PC will always reign supreme anyway!

I suspose my opinion on good graphics must differ to yours. Im not denying the fact that GT5 has nice models/textures and whatnot, but the one thing that really annoys me is the lack of any anti-aliasing, and not just with GT, but with pretty much all PS3 games. GT:HD had no anti-aliasing. GT:P had none either, so im guessing the final build of GT5 will have none either, but as you said, we shall have to see until both are realesed. As for the enviroments, well not alot has been shown about FM3's enviroments, but if there anything like that spanish fantasy track shown at E3, then i will be a happy chappy.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :I can't see the problem with this business model. In fact, I prefer it. At least I can play the game now, and then get updates to make it better along the way Would you prefer if LFS was still only enjoyed by 3 people until it was deemed to be S2 Final?

(sorry if it looks like I'm nitpicking your post, it's just something that stuck out at me, and I don't really have anything to contribute to the rest of it that hasn't been said by Chris, or that would make me look like an utter PS3 fanboy, so I'll keep quiet :shy

You dont need to voice your opinion, its fine. Comparing updates with GT5 is a little tedious however. LFS is quite clearly stated by the devs as a beta, yet i doubt this would be the case when GT5 is realesed. My point was that GT5 is apparently going to be realesed with a rather small ammount of cars, then they shall add multiple small packs of cars as they finish them, and get you to pay for them. As for LFS, well ofcourse, we get new cars and content for free, and wont have to pay again until the realese of S3. I just think its pretty silly of them not to finish things like damage/content and then realese the game, instead of realesing a game which is not showing its full potential, which will only give them bad reviews.

Quote from Arsenic_Fox :stupid gullible rant about them taking telemetry

Oh, you fell for that? Oh ok. Oh, and FYI, just because they take lots of readings and do lots of test's with the car's does not mean they can get the physics right. You say an EVO in GT4 drove the same as your real EVO? Well, if thats the case, then im sorry to inform you your evo had handling problems. Did it refuse to turn in, just like GT4? Did it slide at incredibly low speeds, like GT4? ,

Quote from Arsenic_Fox :hell, even NR2003 has better physics than Forza 2.

See, now you saying that makes me think that you have not played FM2, and you are just trying to make it look like you have, so you can just slate it. I mean, you really think NR2003 has better physics then FM2? Christ, i think that even GT fanboys could say thats a stupid comment.
this game looks awesome great i have a xbox and ps3 so i can compare gt5 to forza 3
Wow !!! :o
Quote from niall09 :
Do you need a 1000HP Skyline in any race?

Again, a challenge. I think it's great fun starting in the slower cars. Starting GT is nearly the best part of the game.

1. It was an example, racing tyres, racing engine etc. That's how you upgrade your cars, it's been like that since the first game. And the only tyres you can drive a fully upgraded car with atleast 500hp are the racing tyres, the street tyres give you next to no grip.

2. Sure, a challenge, maybe in the first 3 games.. Then it just becomes a grind for credits, licenses and cars. Rather than what the game is there for... "Gran Turismo - The Real Driving Simulator" - The game is there to be enjoyed, it's a game, you're meant to have fun, not sit there for hours on end grinding your teeth as you do the same race fifty thousand times to buy a Ferrari for the Ferrari League, and then you win the exact Ferrari you just wasted your time saving up for.

The driving, cars, tracks and graphics are all great, but the restrictions and the boring _boring_ grind for money? No thanks..
Quote from brandons48 :

The driving, cars, tracks and graphics are all great, but the restrictions and the boring _boring_ grind for money? No thanks..

What restrictions? Have you somehow managed to get hold of a copy of GT5 so that you know exactly what it is like? I doubt it somehow. It's only a "boring_boring grind for money" if you make it so. You race in events and earn your money. So sometimes you have to race an event more than once... I haven't heard Lewis Hamilton or Sebastien Vettel moaning about having to compete in F1 year after year or having to drive in Spain year after year. Drivers do not go to Le Mans and then refuse an invitation to race again, just because they have already done it once. The game is setting you the challenge, if you can't be assed to take up the challenge to earn the cars, then you shouldn't even bother posting in the GT5 thread, because that is part of what the game is about.

:feedtroll
I don't know about you people but these are some scary realistic headlights

That doesn't look right in that res... have you got a bigger version of it?
It's taken from a video..
That's real mint, wonder how they do it.
Looks amazing.. really looking forward til when it's out.
i cant wait for this now as i got stuck into prolouge their yesterday,

Forza will be better but ill buy this anyways
Man! They have everything! GT5... Well damage, is about time. I mean FM1 had damage. The PS3, with such processing power, should have done it no problem!

Look at the list. They have everything. I might just get a PS3 for this!
The headlights look good but the rims fail but i dont have a ps3 so bleh ill stick with forza 3
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :The headlights look good but the rims fail but i dont have a ps3 so bleh ill stick with forza 3

Wha? That car is moving, that's why the rim looks like that.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :The headlights look good but the rims fail but i dont have a ps3 so bleh ill stick with forza 3

To be totally honest with you, the Forza rims look cartoony, and I don't think you can justify saying it fails just because you do not have a PS3. That's pretty much admitting you're a fanboy.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wha? That car is moving, that's why the rim looks like that.

I guess the problem is it looks flat.
Quote from JJ72 :I guess the problem is it looks flat.

That's blur.. you guys seriously question the GT graphics? Have any of you looked any screenshots recently, that's car po*n. Badmouthing graphics on this game is just a no..
Not questioning the graphics overall but that picture does look a bit iffy, the other GT5 screens doesn't look like that one on the rims) the rim have a depth to it even when it's blurred.

Don't call it badmouthing, I just don't make every single post full of praising. Just take it in a matter of fact sort of way.
I posted that picture just cause there's a release date on it.
Yes thats what I was trying to say the the rims look flat and i just got my 360 and the only game i have is the orange box lol and ps2 i have gt4 which i play alot
Quote from JJ72 :Not questioning the graphics overall but that picture does look a bit iffy, the other GT5 screens doesn't look like that one on the rims) the rim have a depth to it even when it's blurred.

Don't call it badmouthing, I just don't make every single post full of praising. Just take it in a matter of fact sort of way.

You do realize that screenshot is from Prologue right? Not GT5?

They don't look flat at all. XD Better than some games i admit.

Rims tend to look "flat" when moving at a fast speed due to your eyes not being able to keep up.... it's kinda like looking up at a moving fan if it's moving fast enough, so you cant really pay attention to the details unless you roll your eyes with a specific part of said rim/fan.

Stop posting prologue screenshots and using GT:P information

GT:P != GT5.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG