The online racing simulator
Quote from herki :So, what happened to the hill climb idea? Totally scratched?

AFAIK it will be out in 1.2, Kunos want's to get the new track + Fiat out in 1.1 first.
Thank you Moose for the heads up

I don't know what was changed either in the tyre model or FFB but now understeer seems a bit more believable to me. Before it really gave me that feeling of sliding on a wet road. The wheel still sort of lightens up which rings weird with me (I'm talking about the F1600)

BTW I'm having FPS issues as well. The engine sound is horrible IMO (has a discernible digital/artificial nature) and it takes some time to load tracks compared to LFS. The interface is clumsy but an improvement over the old one, though I liked the old controller setup better.

All in all it's very good to see something is moving. If Beta 2/the 500 was really out before the end of month, I may end up thinking nKp is worth the 20 euros. There's hardly any competition at that price point not that I seriously believe it'll be out - but I'm not buying a beta on just a bunch of promises, considering the reputation Kunos has.
I've been running around on nkp for a few days now and I love it, the F2000 is a wonderful car, having wings on the cars really helps clear that nasty understeer of the F1600.

It's so nice to lock a wheel and actually know what wheel it is that's locked as the force feedback is really very very good.

Progress has been made, more progress to follow i'm sure.
Quote from BlueFlame :
It's a bad game, I think maybe I should sell MY account cos the game just..... doesn't even feel that good physically, the people cant race online and the games old interface and even the new one is just stupid.

I'll give you 10euro for ya licence.
I dunno, I like NKP. Sure it's kinda... poorly supported (and I suck at it) but it gives me a good feel of the car (haven't tried 1.1 yet... waiting for my licence to get working). I want it to succeed (as I want LFS to do the same), and it seems Kunos is finally making an attempt to get NKP to a state of... usability.
Quote from NightShift :BTW I'm having FPS issues as well.

Are you having the stuck at 31/16 FPS issue? It's been noted that simply reinstalling your current graphics drivers seems to solve that one. Not ideal, but a workaround until Kunos works out what's causing it.

Quote from NightShift : but I'm not buying a beta on just a bunch of promises, considering the reputation Kunos has.

Yeah, i can understand that. I've absolutely no doubt that this is going to get finished asap though. I really dont think he'd have made it a public beta if he didn't plan to finish the job. It could well take a few months,but I'm happy to wait. I reckon the Abarth is going to make for some great racing

Still, for 20 euros it's worth having just for hotlapping imo.
Wheere i can download it ? seems that my copy isnt working in 64bit Vista
A had a go at it few moments ago and it just feels so unbelievably good, i think i will spend more time in it, than i first thought. I have only demo, but IIRC, from latest (december) version it made a big jump. Looking forward to next two stages of beta, hopefully we'll get a chance to drive that Abarth thing. Oh, and i won my first race. :-D
If you have a later version, then Net2.0 installer will give an error. nKP will still work.

When I get up off the sofa I'll install the update and see what happens. Any ideas what it's supposed to fix?

Edit:
- FIXED HOST INTERFACE NOT SELECTING THE CARS AND TRACKS
- FIXED F1600 not starting
- FIXED chat not scrolling down automatically
- Added colour codes to the chat (red=own message,blue=server message,black=other members message)
- Possible fix to controller setup not showing on some systems
Quote from tristancliffe :If you have a later version, then Net2.0 installer will give an error. nKP will still work.

quite brilliantly the installer doesnt contain the x64 .net installer so all you get on a 64 bit system is an error
Anyone else having issues with the F1600 still not starting even after the fix? Specfically at Newbury.

Before anyone asks, yes I've reported it.
Tried it... and...
  • What is up with the understeer!? I'll take it as a default setup issue. Will have to revisit once some setups get made available.
  • The FFB "wheel gets lighter when understeering" thing is way way way over exaggerated. The wheel pretty much goes limp in your hands. That just doesn't happen. 1.03 was much better in that it was a lot more subtle.
  • Did someone mention a 90 degree issue? Well the car does seem difficult to spin beyond 90 degrees. At one point I had the car traveling perpendicular to the road and with the steering neutral, the car slowly rotated back towards straight ahead. It didn't fully straight itself as I ran out of momentum and stopped, however the feeling was that the car changed it's rotational direction (from counterclockwise into the spin, to clockwise out of the spin) on it's own upon reaching 90 degrees.
In summary....
  • I need more time with it with a better setup to evaluate the physics changes. Interface is MUCH better.
Quote from Mattesa :Tried it... and...
  • What is up with the understeer!? I'll take it as a default setup issue. Will have to revisit once some setups get made available.
  • The FFB "wheel gets lighter when understeering" thing is way way way over exaggerated. The wheel pretty much goes limp in your hands. That just doesn't happen. 1.03 was much better in that it was a lot more subtle.
  • Did someone mention a 90 degree issue? Well the car does seem difficult to spin beyond 90 degrees. At one point I had the car traveling perpendicular to the road and with the steering neutral, the car slowly rotated back towards straight ahead. It didn't fully straight itself as I ran out of momentum and stopped, however the feeling was that the car changed it's rotational direction (from counterclockwise into the spin, to clockwise out of the spin) on it's own upon reaching 90 degrees.
In summary....
  • I need more time with it with a better setup to evaluate the physics changes. Interface is MUCH better.

I haven't noticed the 90 degree thing, however I will say that the F1600 in the demo isn't pleasant to drive, it's too understeery and even by fiddling with the setups you can't remove the problem entirely. This doesn't happen in the other cars. I noticed that the car is very responsive to tyre temperatures and it takes 2-3 laps to be ready to push.

The FFB thing, are you using exactly the same ffb settings? I've not noticed that problem, might be because I don't turn too much.

Having the F2000 in the demo would have been better as that feels much more exciting. Glad to see people are trying the game and are appreciating it for what it is.
Somebody has a way to get decent FFB? When I turn the FFB down, I don't feel anything from the tyres anymore - if I leave it default, all hell brakes loose when I touch a curb and my wheel tries to break my wrist...
This is ****ed:

1.03 works perfectly on my iMac.
1.11 = major meltdown... I can't even get into the game (well, I can but it doesn't update graphics... runs the physics and sounds in the background...)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :This is ****ed:

1.03 works perfectly on my iMac.
1.11 = major meltdown... I can't even get into the game (well, I can but it doesn't update graphics... runs the physics and sounds in the background...)

get a proper pc

sry had to be done
Quote from Shotglass :get a proper pc

sry had to be done

Except it's something (I think) to do with ATi drivers (SUPRISE, ATi SUCKS! ). It works perfectly on my Macbook Pro and one of the newest Macbooks.

Maybe I'll try updating some GFX drivers... Killing the 30-odd day uptime of this XP boot
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except it's something (I think) to do with ATi drivers (SUPRISE, ATi SUCKS! ). It works perfectly on my Macbook Pro and one of the newest Macbooks.

Maybe I'll try updating some GFX drivers... Killing the 30-odd day uptime of this XP boot

iMac's are for gimps, any Macintosh software is generally associated with people who think they are saving the planet, yet are, wow STILL using the SAME electricity that Windows users use? wow, strange that isn't it...

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG