The online racing simulator
From experience, I would say that Netkar actually 'feels' closer to real life than both GPL and LFS, its rather rough round the edges, but it really does feel like you're throwing several hundred kilos of racing car round corners, unlike LFS in which the cars feel like they weight less than a bag of sugar, although I understand the devs are hard at work fixing this.

The tracks also seem wider and shorter, and everything seems to come up slower than LFS and GPL (regardless of FOV settings), which is exactly like real life compared to most racing sims.

I particularly love the sound though, sounds a lot like you're wearing a helmet, which doubles the immersion compared to GPL and LFS's rather basic sounds.
Quote from 5haz :From experience, I would say that Netkar actually 'feels' closer to real life than both GPL and LFS, its rather rough round the edges, but it really does feel like you're throwing several hundred kilos of racing car round corners, unlike LFS in which the cars feel like they weight less than a bag of sugar, although I understand the devs are hard at work fixing this.

Nicely put, there That is how it feels like in NKP compared to LFS
Quote from 5haz :From experience, I would say that Netkar actually 'feels' closer to real life than both GPL and LFS, its rather rough round the edges, but it really does feel like you're throwing several hundred kilos of racing car round corners, unlike LFS in which the cars feel like they weight less than a bag of sugar, although I understand the devs are hard at work fixing this.

I particularly love the sound though, makes it sound a lot like you're wearing a helmet, which doubles the immersion compared to GPL and LFS's rather basic sounds.

GPL with a decent sound pack is amazing, but to me even the default sounds are fantastic, the Ferrari default sound is better than any that have been made to it in my opinion, they captured the whole v12 ROARRRP snapping noise that the Ferrari v12 does.
Quote from BlueFlame :Moose, you're a really great guy, but please.... stop supporting NkP like there's still hope because it ruins your rep.<snip>

lol... The last thing i care about is my reputation This is an internet forum ffs

Like virtually every sim I've driven, i have a love/hate relationship with nKPro

The fact is i still find it the most immersive and lifelike sim on the market. I get more pleasure from driving the netKar cars than any other cars from any other sim, bar the Skippy in iRacing.

Despite it's problems, On a good server it's pretty much flawless. I still have amazing races every week with it, just as i have for over three years now. Like everything..i get bored and frustrated with it at times...i take some time out, go back to it a month or two later and remember how good it really is.

On a crappy server, or with people with not so good connections it can be a highly frustrating nightmare..I'll give you that.

Why did he bring out a new version? Because 1.03 is still not right..he wants to make it better... what's wrong with that..it's not costing us anything! I don't understand where your coming from with that question.

Dont bring up rFactor when you're talking physics. Apart from the HistorX mod i still haven't found a mod with anything like good physics (and even HistorX physics are quite heavily "fudged" to make the cars feel fun to drive) especially when it comes to single seaters. The CDTP F1 mod is fun.ish but hardly a champion for good physics!

LFS,nKPro and iRacing are streets ahead on the physics front. None are perfect, all have their flaws but all are far better than rFactor.
I wasn't saying the physics of rfactor are better than NKP I was saying it's more immersive, plus the WSGT70mod for rfactor, or even the f155 mod are both fantastic.
Quote from three_jump :Had a quick go with it last night...

The interface is still a joke, but now more stylish. It's far from being what I call easy and fast to use. Setting up a wheel seems to be at least working now without having to fiddle with the logi-profiler, but they way you config the wheel is somewhat of a joke. (turn wheel and click next, center it and click next, move throttle and click next, 100% throttle and click next and that just keeps going.) why not take the windows calibration (like lfs does).

It's just jumping from menu to menu to click one thing and ending up in the next menu... this is just stupid.
And some stuff is still not there where you'd expect it. To change the FF setting (which you can global) you have to enter a session -> car setup -> view (???) and change it.

Couldn't try the multiplayer, 0/0 Servers for demo...

The purpose of the calibration (I think) is to determine:

- What controller does the user want to use?
- Is the brake/accel a split axis or combined?
- Assigning axes to a function.

It is a bit insane I'll agree, but IMO more intuitive for Joe Average to come in and configure his wheel, rather than the countless help threads that LFS has for getting G25's to work.

Also, I'd love that after every thing I hit while calibrating, it didn't go "DETECTED" as an alert box... that was quite irritating.
Quote from The Moose :In the upcoming period, the team will release three beta releases. The first (1 of 3) release will contain a brand new interface, a new central server, a new audio core and a lot of other improvements.

The second release (2 of 3) will bring the brand new Fiat 500 Abarth Assetto Corsa to the public beta programma. Also, a brand new track called 'Aosta' presenting a massive 15 configurations will appear in the second beta release. Also, this second release will contain bugfixes for issues reported in the first release.

The third and final release (3 of 3) will be the Release Candidate and will only contain bugs fixes for issues reported from the first two releases.

did anyone else notice the distinct lack of any mention of the hillclimb content?
It's a little hidden in the bug reports thread, got delayed once again.

Quote from kunos :Sorry about the hillclimb.. I wasn't try to run away from the question... for v1.1 we decided to give precedence to the Abarth because we think it is something that can really really really work online... we had some races in the office just few of us and it was a real blast.. I cant wait to see a full field of those little things scrubbing eachother at every corner.... there's already lots on the fire for this version.. something pretty substantial like the new central server .. which is STILL UP after a day and gives 6 on 6 race servers EVERYTIME.. and this is a GOOD thing... the chat is still crap but I really hacked that in few days of work, it'll get better. The new interface isnt doing bad either.. considering it is 100% new code (I am not religious but God save C# because it really is the holy grail of computer programming :P )... so ya.. no hillclimb again.. will be there for 1.2.. of course for free for nk users.

Trying to play this. Run out of activations, so sent a request. In the meantime, was planning on playing with the FF1600. But I can't get the sound to work. I know it's XAudio2, and I've installed the March09 DirectX thingy from MS's website, but nothing happens... Help?
Quote from tristancliffe :Trying to play this. Run out of activations, so sent a request. In the meantime, was planning on playing with the FF1600. But I can't get the sound to work. I know it's XAudio2, and I've installed the March09 DirectX thingy from MS's website, but nothing happens... Help?

Use the DX updater that runs on install. It seems to install the required things, even when stuff that should already has it does not (DX11 doesn't even have XAudio2 somehow)...

Just a shot?
Quote from tristancliffe :Trying to play this. Run out of activations

Have you not got 1.03 installed still? If so just copy over your 'driver' and 'licenses' folders from that. Always keep a backup of those folders.... no need to activate ever again.

I haven't really tried it much yet, but one things for sure... the FFB in the 1600 with my DFGT is really harsh. Hitting those nasty curbs at Aviano nearly rattles my wheel (and everything on the desk ) to pieces. I'm sure thats whats making me feel like im on really solid tyres

Adding some damping and lowering the FFB really doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else find the FFB to harsh?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Use the DX updater that runs on install. It seems to install the required things, even when stuff that should already has it does not (DX11 doesn't even have XAudio2 somehow)...

Just a shot?

Tried that too, and hasn't made any difference.

Moose - sadly I don't have them. I reinstalled everything when I bought my new PC last month, but didn't think to save licences for nK or rFactor (am so used to LFS, and just unlocking it). But for now I'd be happy with the 1600 and working sound
If i find someone with the same sound problem and a solution I'll let you know asap Tristan.

New addon track coming at the end of the month from Lastplace Racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GqZ2VIkuyE
Problem half solved. I went to Crema (instead of Prato), and thought I'd go for a drive anyway. Started the car - no sound. Engaged first - no sound. Accelerated out of pits - and a very, very quiet hum!!!!!

So I turned up the speakers so the engine noise was sort of okay in volume. And then I changed gear, used the brakes and touched kerbs - feck me those sounds were loud... Turned it down so that the kerb rumble was about right, and I can't hear the engine except on a few parts of the track.

But at least I have some sound!!

Next mission, to get the volumes sort of sensible. nKP doesn't have any sound options anymore?
Quote from tristancliffe :Next mission, to get the volumes sort of sensible. nKP doesn't have any sound options anymore?

Not in this version. Lots of people have requested them back. I'm sure we'll see the volume sliders back in the next beta.

You could try editing the nksoundcfg.ini Worth a shot.
Quote from The Moose :

New addon track coming at the end of the month from Lastplace Racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GqZ2VIkuyE

I want that, in fact i need to get the downloadable tracks for NkP as there all on my old pc which is now gaming with the angels.

Reagding the sound, anyone else noticing how strange the noise is when you go off track (of which I'm often found on) is very uniformed regardless of speeds that I'm doing.
And in a random state of "Hey, this is 20$ CDN cheaper" I just bought NKP
I have not read the last posts about this sound problem, and dont know the full extent of the problem.

But when I first started the beta and hit the track, I couldnt hear much but road noise and when turning my head left or right I could hear the engine tone. I guess the game doesnt support 5.1/7.1 correctly?

So I have had to switch back to 2.1 sound

EDIT: Fixed my own problem. Cause I'm using windows 7 and I dont have real audio drivers, my center speaker isn't being picked up correctly. I comes out like a bass speaker But ive turned that off, and it's working ok now

Other than that I love the new beta, and cant wait to take part in league races
Quote from sil3ntwar :I got excited when Suzuka came up! Adelaide is a good circuit as well though so

Yeah..i wish Tjeerd hadn't put that in the vid.... After seeing the possibility of Suzuka, Adelaide is perhaps a bit of a let down Still, it's a great track and a really nice conversion (imo )

We were asked to make it by one of the guys that were involved in making the track we converted it from.

I'll do my best to persuade the guys to do Suzuka. I'd love it in nKPro
Quote from The Moose :Yeah..i wish Tjeerd hadn't put that in the vid.... After seeing the possibility of Suzuka, Adelaide is perhaps a bit of a let down Still, it's a great track and a really nice conversion (imo )

We were asked to make it by one of the guys that were involved in making the track we converted it from.

I'll do my best to persuade the guys to do Suzuka. I'd love it in nKPro

the key to a succesful NkP change is the netcode...... has that all been rewritten?
So, what happened to the hill climb idea? Totally scratched?
Not even god knows.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG