The online racing simulator
Stewart with another win.

Grats to Ambrose and the rest in the top 5 as well.
Wonderful finish for Papis, and a decent run for Lally...

Happy Andretti wound out 30th

Fairly happy
#278 - Zay
nice job by tony stewart,ambrose to.both had great runs.papis also had his career best finish of 8th. Im glad that hornish and gordon are ok.that was a MASSIVE wreck,so grats to NASCAR for making the car as safe as it is.
I hope NASCAR leaves the Glen as it is, both crashes were the driver's faults IMO, there is zero need to change the track, they are limited by the long course (Is that still used for anything?)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I hope NASCAR leaves the Glen as it is, both crashes were the driver's faults IMO, there is zero need to change the track, they are limited by the long course (Is that still used for anything?)

Long course is used for IRL
I don't think they need to change the track at all, but maybe look into putting some other kind of barrier in where he hit. That's two years in a row where someone hit those tire barriers(two different spots) and got thrown right back into oncoming traffic. The tires need to catch the cars not spit them back out.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I hope NASCAR leaves the Glen as it is, both crashes were the driver's faults IMO, there is zero need to change the track, they are limited by the long course (Is that still used for anything?)

Yes, In fact most WGI events use the boot. I used it in July of 2007 and 2008.

I agree that they could use different barriers there. They could use those big foam blocks like they used to have down in T1. Although, my personal opinion is to leave the track unchanged.
I think the barriers just needs to be moved back further for a longer distance down the straight. At least looking at the Nationwide crash. And perhaps lengthening the tunnel under the track on that stright so that the barriers can be moved back.
Oh snap, the chase cut off is so close. Hopefully Mark Martin gets into the chase, gets seeded 1st and wins the 09 championship.
Quote from hansonator69 :Oh snap, the chase cut off is so close. Hopefully Mark Martin gets into the chase, gets seeded 1st and wins the 09 championship.

I approve.
wow the chase got even tighter now, and Ambrose got 3RD!!
Ambrose looked like he has been racing those things for years out there tonight.
Quote from PMD9409 :Ambrose looked like he has been racing those things for years out there tonight.

Absolutely fantastic work. And at an difficult Bristol venture nonetheless.
Quote from PMD9409 :I approve.

Althought I'm tired of Mark Martin winning, I think he shouldn't have been a pu**y and pushed kyle out of the way for that win. He's too damn nice to be racing at bristol(which btw sucks ever since they repaved it!)
ambrose is suprised me alot. mans jus doing the business..

imagine him becoming sprint champ in 2010
Quote from SidiousX :Althought I'm tired of Mark Martin winning, I think he shouldn't have been a pu**y and pushed kyle out of the way for that win. He's too damn nice to be racing at bristol(which btw sucks ever since they repaved it!)

Because he treats drivers how he wants to be treated and vice versa. I bet if he was leading, and Kyle gave him tap out of the way, you would see one back from Martin.

You might see it as a pussy, I see it has a fair racer.
Even though Kyle is a well.. lets just say i dont like him, i dont think Mark martin should of wrecked him, in fact wrecking in general just shows you are the pussy as you couldn't take them fair, it was good racing and a deserved result by busch.

and to the people who think Bristol should be modified, HELL NO!! its perfect how it is, and always provides a spectacle.
Quote from BreadC : imagine him becoming sprint champ in 2010

Not going to happen. He's having a great run this year but I don't think he's at the point where he's going to be stringing together championship contending efforts year after year, he probably needs to get on a better team for that.
Quote from UncleBenny :Not going to happen. He's having a great run this year but I don't think he's at the point where he's going to be stringing together championship contending efforts year after year, he probably needs to get on a better team for that.

Thats pretty obvious, i would say after 2010 he may have a chance as he is still contracted to hes current team for next year, If he gets him Self a Hendrick ride or something the year after then we may be talking.
Quote from PMD9409 :Because he treats drivers how he wants to be treated and vice versa. I bet if he was leading, and Kyle gave him tap out of the way, you would see one back from Martin.

You might see it as a pussy, I see it has a fair racer.

That's how you race at bristol!
Quote from Mustafur :Even though Kyle is a well.. lets just say i dont like him, i dont think Mark martin should of wrecked him, in fact wrecking in general just shows you are the pussy as you couldn't take them fair, it was good racing and a deserved result by busch.

and to the people who think Bristol should be modified, HELL NO!! its perfect how it is, and always provides a spectacle.

I never said wreck, I said push him out of the way. BIG difference.
Quote from SidiousX :I never said wreck, I said push him out of the way. BIG difference.

Like Dale "rattled the cage" of Terry's car in '99.
Quote from PMD9409 :Like Dale "rattled the cage" of Terry's car in '99.

Hey. He gave Terry two choices. Terry chose to wreck.
Of course, of course. He just was telling him he was there. Terry chose to lose control, like many other victims.

But see Martin wouldn't mind giving 2 choices, but Kyle would only give one choice.

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG