The online racing simulator
Montoya got screwed.
#227 - Zay
ya he did
i feel sorry for him but, assuming he was speeding, lets remember he didn't break the speed limit, he broke the buffer on top of that limit. you have to wonder why with a 5 sec lead he felt the need to use the 5mph allowance on top of the limit, what's the point of building a lead if you don't use it to avoid problems like this
I don't think he was speeding. I believe him. He said the Tach had three green lights lit, which is slower than normal. Normally he would have all or most of them lit. He wouldn't be speeding until the lights on the tach turned red.
Quote from Falcon140 :I don't think he was speeding. I believe him. He said the Tach had three green lights lit, which is slower than normal. Normally he would have all or most of them lit. He wouldn't be speeding until the lights on the tach turned red.

Seems like every time Montoya is dominating, NASCAR knacks him for speeding. Unless there was a malfunction with Montoya's pit speed lights, I'd say NASCAR basically rigged the results. I hate to say it, but it could be the cold hard truth.
Yeah I feel pretty bad for him. He said he came in even slower that last pit stop to make sure he didn't speed and they still got him. I'd really love to see some kind of investigation into it but I doubt it would happen, just sucks for Montoya. He'll make the chase I think though, he's been running real strong lately, and Watkins Glen is coming up where he should be a favorite.
Doesn't each light on the tach represent 1000 rpms? 3 green lights would mean at least 3,000 RPMs, which would be speeding. Normal RPMs in the pits are between 2400 and 2700 RPMS in 2nd gear.

Red stands for a shift light, it doesn't represent pit road speed.
*cough* what about Calder park speedway seeing as its hosted Nascar before to my knowledge or at least Auscar, it would proberly be the smarter place to host it, as it was purpose built hint.

Montoya i reckon he got screwd as well, left the tv for a few hours then came back and his in 10th for speeding and im like yep thats belivable.
NASCAR at Lime Rock would be ridic, but they'd really need more grandstands.
Quote from AstroBoy :*cough* what about Calder park speedway seeing as its hosted Nascar before to my knowledge or at least Auscar, it would proberly be the smarter place to host it, as it was purpose built hint.

Montoya i reckon he got screwd as well, left the tv for a few hours then came back and his in 10th for speeding and im like yep thats belivable.

*Cough*
Quote from Mustafur :Calder park Clockwise oval?

David Stremme is a dog; spun out Robby Gordon on 2 seperate occasions.
Why the hell did Penske hire him?
Quote from HalleMarques :Would be great, the problem is the transportation. Bathurst, Motegi, Eurospeedway Oval, all of these would be great tracks, but 43 (or 43+) cars to send there would take time and lots of money. =/

Why not just built some there, hide them in a shed and take them out once a year?

They are pretty cheap to build aren't they?
montoyas a dark horse man... what a save he did kept his foot in it and still got p2 :o
Got my tickets for Watkins Glen this weekend sitting on my desk right now, can't wait!
Quote from hansonator69 :David Stremme is a dog; spun out Robby Gordon on 2 seperate occasions.
Why the hell did Penske hire him?

I wish I knew.

Anyone see Denny Hamlin slaughter Reutimann and Ambrose? Was very sad to see, and the best part is he doesn't get penalised for aggressive driving like Stremme.

@Benny - 2 words "Freaking lucky" - and have a nice weekend.
Quote from PMD9409 :I wish I knew.

Anyone see Denny Hamlin slaughter Reutimann and Ambrose? Was very sad to see, and the best part is he doesn't get penalised for aggressive driving like Stremme.

@Benny - 2 words "Freaking lucky" - and have a nice weekend.

Yeh, that was screwed.

BTW Marcos Ambrose was sponsored by iRacing LOL!!!!!!

EDIT: Villeneuve might be in NASCAR this weekend: http://www.google.com/hostedne ... gd2KLHXgNuSzmB_hJdM9EFK3Q
LFS for nascar sponsership
Marcos is 4th
Hopefully he wins Nationwide and Cup
Yowch!

That was bad
ambrose ftw.

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG