The online racing simulator
The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
Hey Guys,

I don't get it :| The Programme stops at the second box in red.

Can you please help me I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong :0

Thanks,
Dalton
Can you check that you have:
a) unlocked LFS
b) installed the mod into your root LFS folder (otherwise files won't be in the right place)
c) browsed the S2 server list at least once, and restarted LFS afterwards
Quote from Bob Smith :Can you check that you have:
a) unlocked LFS
b) installed the mod into your root LFS folder (otherwise files won't be in the right place)
c) browsed the S2 server list at least once, and restarted LFS afterwards

As unlocked ,to LFS you mean s2 unlocked right?
and yes I extracted setup into LFS folder.
and yes I refreshed S2 server list then restarted but still no

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong :|

Thanks,
Dalton
Lets do a event with this! that would be awsome, 150 laps and mustpit with SC
You won't need the force pit option, fuel only last for about 30 laps at the oval.

I agree though, with the small population of people playing with this mod, public drop-in online racing is never going to happen. If somebody wants to organise something, count me in.
I cant make it, my fails with leagues.
Yes, arox, try to organise something I would participate, too, the car's much easier to handle in turns now, so it would be fun to race with.
I'd definately participate too.

..That is, if I can manage to get through the last turn without smashing the wall every lap. Not much luck with that so far.
Anyone who want to gather up rigth now and play?
Quote from aroX123 :Anyone who want to gather up rigth now and play?

I can now, I'll be there
Seems I just missed you. Would be nice to race that layout online but it's a bit naff when it's stuck at 1 lap.
Sorry, didn't know it was set to 1 lap. I set it to 10 for now, I want to try and remake Phil's Martinsville layout because he has a standard grid and turn around for the track, making it more accustomed to bigger grids.
Curious, Bob, you said that the devs dont want a mod that will edit the body work.

But cant they make an exception with this once since YOU are the one who created it? Not just some random kid who's bored?

I think a stock car frame would look very nice and an event around this would actually be really cool. Perhaps even see it being broadcasted.

EDIT: BTW I made some stock car skins myself.

#48 Jimmie Johnson
#55 Derrike Cope
#0 (my old XSCC skin )

EDIT: Regarding the body edit, I remember another group of devs (I think it's ASR devs not I'm not sure) said that they will absolutely not allow body edit but will possibly allow body edit that comes from inside their mod group. Personally, I think you can be allowed to edit the body without breaking the principle behind not allowing third party body mod.

Would you releasing a stock car frame to go along with the NASCAR mod really be that bad?
Attached images
XRT_DerrikeCope55.jpg
XRT_Johnson48.jpg
XRT_XSCCLizard#2.jpg
Quote from burnsy1882 :I want to try and remake Phil's Martinsville layout because he has a standard grid and turn around for the track, making it more accustomed to bigger grids.

Unfortunately you can't have a standard grid on an oval at the autocross, unless you're happy for it to be a roval, as the cars line up facing the wrong way for a left hand circuit.

What do you mean by "turn around for the track"?

-------------------------------------------------

Quote from lizardfolk :Curious, Bob, you said that the devs dont want a mod that will edit the body work.

That is their rules, yes. Due to my role here, I also enforce them.

Quote from lizardfolk :But cant they make an exception with this once since YOU are the one who created it? Not just some random kid who's bored?

While no doubt if they wanted, they could grant me such rights, but then a) they begin to set a precedent and b) if exclusively for me, what makes me so special? Just because I know what I'm doing? Moderating here isn't related - I don't help out the devs here to earn brownie points, it's simply because I'm active in the community and willing to lend a hand. Several people have shown they have what it takes, just look at Niels and his Corvette mod for rFactor. With the open nature of that sim, he actually has more to play with and (potentially) get wrong, so I'd say it's harder to make a good car there than in LFS.

Quote from lizardfolk :Would you releasing a stock car frame to go along with the NASCAR mod really be that bad?

Depends on what you consider to be "that bad", but I do think it would make me unfairly priveleged, and would give the community something else to complain about. Just because I've helped Scawen once with vehicle handling hardly makes me a member of the dev team.
Ah ha, I've completely misunderstood your position in relation to the LFS devs.

I guess the best we can hope for is for the devs to change their policy on mods to incorporate well done ones (or at least allow them to be distributed)

Either that or the devs can create a stock car frame themselves
#191 - Rob
Quote from lizardfolk :Either that or the devs can create a stock car frame themselves

Watched a lot of Nascar on a recent holiday in Canada, must say it would be refreshing to have something similar in LFS

Would certainly be a lot better than that crappy scirrocco they are working so hard to complete.

Although even if they started on it now, there's no knowing when it would be ready... but I'm sure they'd keep us all updated on their progress

Rob
Curious bob, could you center the wheels to the XRT without seriously compromising the mod?
Quote from lizardfolk :Curious bob, could you center the wheels to the XRT without seriously compromising the mod?

Would that not make the mod less realistic with a shorter wheelbase? I would have thought that Bob intentionally made it longer so that it is the same length as the real car. Even if it looks a bit weird because of the shape and size of the XRT car model, atleast it is as accurate as possible to Nascar specifications. Surely by making the wheels fit the model of the car, it would compromise the mod quite a bit, since the car would handle a lot differently.
Quote from Gills4life :Would that not make the mod less realistic with a shorter wheelbase? I would have thought that Bob intentionally made it longer so that it is the same length as the real car. Even if it looks a bit weird because of the shape and size of the XRT car model, atleast it is as accurate as possible to Nascar specifications. Surely by making the wheels fit the model of the car, it would compromise the mod quite a bit, since the car would handle a lot differently.

I thought he meant make the XRT model longer, which he obviously can't do legally on here.
Quote from J@tko :I thought he meant make the XRT model longer, which he obviously can't do legally on here.

Well he asked about centering the wheels to the XRT, which to me doesn't suggest increasing the length of the XRT structure.
Quote from Gills4life :Well he asked about centering the wheels to the XRT, which to me doesn't suggest increasing the length of the XRT structure.

Very true.
Ya you are right as bob's goal is to emulate nascar as best he can. It's too bad. The longest car we have is the FXR and even that doesn't fit the wideness of the stock car wheels
As I just explained in a big PM to lizardfolk, there are lots of side effects to shortening the wheelbase to match the wrong body. It does look a little better with the FXO body but if I change the wheelbase then both the physics and visuals are wrong. At least as it is now, the physics are (hopefully) as correct as LFS allows me to get them.
Oh bob, canot you go make a nascar VOB, I am sure the dev's won't notice / mind
Quote from The Very End :Oh bob, canot you go make a nascar VOB, I am sure the dev's won't notice / mind

Even if he did he wouldn't be allowed to distribute it publicly.

The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG