The online racing simulator
The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
Works great, but patchX graphics are horrible
Quote from magux :Works great, but patchX graphics are horrible

As there are no ingame AA/AF options, you will need to force them on using the nVidia panel or ATi equivalent.
Quote from Bean0 :As there are no ingame AA/AF options, you will need to force them on using the nVidia panel or ATi equivalent.

is there any way to have this work with fire deamon?

i have managed to get a Dedi Z13 and the Dedi x12 server up and running and have airio connect to them using Fire Deamon, but i cannot get the Nascar Experiment to work with Fire Deamon.

The only way I have found to get the Nascar Mod to work on a dedicated server is to launch the x12 server and the "Nascar Experiment.exe -dedi" file separately outside of Fire Deamon. NascarExperiment does not work if I use Fire Deamon to launch the x12 server.
I've had a quick look at the Fire Daemon website, the fact that it runs apps as services likely breaks compatability with the mod as it likely can't see that LFS is running.
That is what I was thinking, although when you run a program as a service it still shows up in the process list as well. When i have it set to launch Nascar Experiment.exe (with or without the -Dedi argument) it runs it as LFS.exe for some reason. I wanted to get this up on a dedicated server i have but looks like i won't be able to because there are limited log-ins and i cannot stay logged in all the time.
How can someone setup a modded server ?
Quote from Bob Smith : the car is set up for ovals (it has maximum wedge), and I've never driven it on a road course, so it hasn't been tuned for that at all. The ... setup isn't meant to be used.

if its set to makimum then it is running too much
If maximum wedge is still too much, why was it reduced with the COT rules? Surely there'd be no point reducing the limit if the teams weren't using it. Maximum wedge is less than 2% to the left, which is almost exactly the same left-right balance as the UF1.
far be it for me to argue with nascar (they are a bunch of idiots) but even an oval car should not pull that much the camber (or as the americans carr it in thaier infinate wisdom "wedge") ahouls not be taken to high levels its a fine balencing act between helping cornering and just shredding the inside of the tyers they are much better to drive with less camber.
i have spent lare amouts of my life at race tracks and have seen this mistake time and time again. i acutaly run an oval race car and the most i would EVER dream of putting on the outside edge is 1.5 and you setup is running 2.3 like wise on the inside i would only run up to 1 and you are running 4.2
you are not getting the full gain you will just shred tyers it's a novice mistake and one the hppens time and time again it never wins the ONLY reason it works in NASCAR is because they are to stupid to get the point but even they dont run at full most the time you almost cant see the camber on the outside edge
btw if you set the suspention camber and gearing its a great car on road courses
Perhaps then you should become re-aquainted with the term wedge. In fact, maybe I should have too, as I did not mean wedge, but pure lateral weight distribution, for which there is an minimum specified in the rules. Wedge incorporates longitudinal weight distribution too, which I have set to a reasonable value.

The camber angles in LFS are optimised for how tyres in LFS work, to provide reasonable heating and high grip levels. They will certainly not wear out before the inside tyres, much like real at a real NASCAR race.
Quote from Bob Smith :Perhaps then you should become re-aquainted with the term wedge. In fact, maybe I should have too, as I did not mean wedge, but pure lateral weight distribution, for which there is an minimum specified in the rules. Wedge incorporates longitudinal weight distribution too, which I have set to a reasonable value.

The camber angles in LFS are optimised for how tyres in LFS work, to provide reasonable heating and high grip levels. They will certainly not wear out before the inside tyres, much like real at a real NASCAR race.

Speaking of the camber (well.. technically you were not but anyways), I was doing some testing for the I-SCAR series and realized that on the oval the inside of the left front gets hot. Now I know IRL that NASCAR teams run between 5 to 6 camber on the left front. Can you "manipulate" LFS in order for us to set the camber that high?
Probably not without making an incompatible version of the mod. Plus it would reduce the negative limit for the outside tyre, as with the symmetric suspension in LFS, you can't have more than 9° difference between the inside and outside tyre.
Well, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing tbh. That's a way of "restricting" how much camber someone could run.

+6 in left front, with -3 right front (more than enough, normally the cars are between -1 and -2.) would be much better. And if we go to circuits, you don't see anything over -3 degrees camber.
I agree that, with the current limits being rougly 4.5° each way, it's possible to add way more negative camber than needed, but only enough positive, at least after a quick test at the oval. If I find the time to update the mod for the next patch (which I'd definitely like to do, so that the car can benefit from the upcoming tyre physics), then I'll make subtle changes like this to car.
wow, 15 years of chassis building and now i'm ''an idiot'' for using the term ''wedge''........lol.if the mod could be change to have an adjustable crossweight value-''wedge''-it would be much more realistic setup-wise. as a matter of fact, that would be a nice addition to the current version of lfs.....let me jack my crossweight up to 60% for martinsville layout and I might actually get vertigo from the g's...;]
Quote from z-ro 8 :wow, 15 years of chassis building and now i'm ''an idiot'' for using the term ''wedge''........lol.if the mod could be change to have an adjustable crossweight value-''wedge''-it would be much more realistic setup-wise. as a matter of fact, that would be a nice addition to the current version of lfs.....let me jack my crossweight up to 60% for martinsville layout and I might actually get vertigo from the g's...;]

lmao, someone isn't concerned about the life of their tire. Your RF will be crying for mercy at 60% cross, lmao. Real life Martinsville....53% max! lmao
This is a nice addon Bob.
Holy thread bump, batman!
Ah, but now you all know my ulterior motive for doing this. Everyone should heckle the admins and get them to interview me too.
Well Biffle had it coming in the trailer, and also "Yeah I'm ok (I just have the steering shaft through my eye.)" is pretty dumb haha
PLEASE update this to 0,6B or at least 0,5Z28!
Quote from Sobis :PLEASE update this to 0,6B or at least 0,5Z28!

This

Bump, but relevant.
Quote from Sobis :PLEASE update this to 0,6B or at least 0,5Z28!

I've got a batch of old friends whom I managed to get into LFS recently & this could greatly help keep them interested.. PLEASE update to .6B if possible!!!
Quote from tinytacohead :i've got a batch of old friends whom i managed to get into lfs recently & this could greatly help keep them interested.. Please update to .6b if possible!!!

x2!!!

The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG