The online racing simulator
The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
Quote from Bob Smith :BAMBO, attached is my research spreadsheet.

An interesting read there, actually. Good to see there is a lot of detail in it.
seriously if lfs had a stock car in it i would play it ALOT more then i am now.
the NAS with the plate setup is sooo awesome to play with
im just downloading it now, gonna give it a try

edit: cant get it to work, the second box is red (first one green), tried it several times in both x and x10 but no luck
Bob has said to try to drive a licenced car on a licenced track, close LFS down, restart it and then run the mod. Didn't work for me (I had to unhide online stats), but it could work. You aren't hiding your online stats by the looks of things.
yh i read about that in the last page and did a 3 lap race in the fzr around ky1 but still no luck
IMPORTANT NOTICE

I have uploaded a new version of the mod which I'm hoping will improve the chances of the mod working for those few people who it doesn't atm. It is a recommended update for everyone. I've also renamed the readme file so it doesn't overwrite the lfs readme (sorry for that!).

If anyone still has problems with the mod running, please post here and I might get you to run a test for me.
yh still got probs, second box is still red, what does that box mean?
Any road course setups?

I'll drop out if a large grid appears because my PC is poo, but I'm on the test server if someone wants to race a rolling chicane.
Quote from james12s :yh still got probs, second box is still red, what does that box mean?

You unlocked the LFS version before extracting the Nascar files in the LFS "older version" folder?
yep i will give it another go with the new version but i dont want to use all my unlocks lol

its working now
I do wish NASCAR came here. I belong to a community of Nascar Heat (a really old nascar game that is still out there) and i think a lot of people would come here. The only thing is that iRacing and other companies currently own the rights to NASCAR and I dont think LFS could get a way with it. I wish we could. Unless im mistaken.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I do wish NASCAR came here. I belong to a community of Nascar Heat (a really old nascar game that is still out there) and i think a lot of people would come here. The only thing is that iRacing and other companies currently own the rights to NASCAR and I dont think LFS could get a way with it. I wish we could. Unless im mistaken.

Who said that Nascar would come to LFS. First of all this is a mod so it doesn't really have nothing to do with the development but if the devs were to include a stock car, it would surely be a fantasy model with similar specs to the real cars
Quote from Bmxtwins :I do wish NASCAR came here. I belong to a community of Nascar Heat (a really old nascar game that is still out there) and i think a lot of people would come here. The only thing is that iRacing and other companies currently own the rights to NASCAR and I dont think LFS could get a way with it. I wish we could. Unless im mistaken.

I'd like that too. I wouldn't even care if it was offically NASCAR, but LFS just isn't built for stock car racing. No rolling starts, no full course cautions, only one oval track... They could add all those things, but there's never been an indication that oval racing is a priority for LFS.

I played Heat for a long time also, the mods really extended the life of that game. If you want to get more current, ARCA Sim Racing is the best stock car sim that doesn't require a monthly fee, IMO. It's hard to find a pick-up race, but there are lots of leagues.
Ran a couple of laps...

I love it...
Only minor issue I have is that I can't go all out asymetrical on the setup, but you can't help that. Other than that it feels about right. Please give this to the devs, and tell them to build us a chassis and some sheet metal around it. I wants it!

Great Job, Bob! (coming from a former NASCAR Racing 2003 player)
Is there still meant to be a server up and running this? I clicked multiplayer but there is only one server running with Fern Bay on it.
Yes, go to LFS World and choose online hosts, tick the show empty box, sort by version then you'll find it near the top of the list when you refresh
Or you just click the Join Host button and type in the server name that's in the OP of this thread.
Ah, I see. Thanks Mr Boothy!

Burnsy - That wouldn't have worked because I have just found out that I need X12.
whoops, wanted to do some laps again with the stock car mod and had to unlock X10 again and now i have to wait a full week because i have used all my unlocks :S

this sucks realy because this is my last week vacation from work!!! is there any way to clear this? i realy hope so! i also need to practise for our comming GTR-L All Stars League!
Quote from BAMBO :Who said that Nascar would come to LFS. First of all this is a mod so it doesn't really have nothing to do with the development but if the devs were to include a stock car, it would surely be a fantasy model with similar specs to the real cars

yeh...as someone already said, NASCAR doesnt own stock car racing. You can just create a fantasy chassis with an internal that has a similar spec to NASCAR and just officially release it. Voila. Stock Car in LFS. And even if it is only 1 oval imo it actually doesn't matter too much. There's stock car racing that's on road courses as well (SpeedCar, MacTooth V8 Series).

As for the double file restarts and cautions...well...the leagues can organize that. They have been doing it well with the XSCC and LFSCAR so the fact that LFS doesnt have these features is immaterial imo

You can call it XR Stock Car - XSC
Quote from Bmxtwins :The only thing is that iRacing and other companies currently own the rights to NASCAR and I dont think LFS could get a way with it.

iRacing may be coming up with licenced NASCAR content, but unlike EA's recently expired five year deal, it's not exclusive rights, so no other company is excluding from joining in. Of course I can't see the LFS devs paying for a licence, or wanting to directly compete with iRacing sooner than they have to.
Quote from Bob Smith :iRacing may be coming up with licenced NASCAR content, but unlike EA's recently expired five year deal, it's not exclusive rights, so no other company is excluding from joining in. Of course I can't see the LFS devs paying for a licence, or wanting to directly compete with iRacing sooner than they have to.

Correct if I read correctly.

iRacing gets its stock cars from Chevy, NOT from NASCAR. They partnered with NASCAR, but that's it, no actual rights. They wisely got around the "rights" thing, because EA still had them.

Not saying they won't be getting the rights though.
Any video? Using the mod ofcourse
Quote from Loko VEN :Any video? Using the mod ofcourse

I can made a video today as I get home from school.

The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG