The online racing simulator
The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
Got it working. 1st unlock didnt work. But 2nd unlock worked

Cool mod. Im waiting for online servers
#27 - Bub
I tested it, It was nice.
I hope you will release it on Z version, and yeah on online servers.. that would be fun
I'm dying to know the reasoning behind this - possibly a way to pursuade Scawen into doing something?

All you need now is to add another car slot to the game, and with that change the .veh files to that of a NASCAR, and hey presto - we have NASCAR!

EDIT: Works brilliant here - great work bob!

mcintyrej votes to make Bob Smith Developer (1/12)
duke_toaster / _--NZ--_[HUN] - have you tried picking a licenced car and doing a lap on a licenced track, then quitting and reloading LFS, then launching the mod? If that doesn't get it working, I'll whip up a test app which should let me know why the mod won't let itself load.
i'm going to download it aswell!
Bob, got little question. I'd like to try to race the (Nascar09) Car online. How can is set it up on dedi server that everyone can join it? Because it shows "Cars dont match to server's cars" or something like that...
Gonna try to set it up as a normal server aswell.

EDIT!!! - I got this time on my own normal server which i created while playing X10.

When i raced my lap, i set up 46.xx time. IT SAVED IT ON LFSWORLD. so my record on lfsworld is now 1.5 seconds faster than the previous one. The almost as fast as FO8, so If i'd raced my lap to the finish, my XRT time would be right now bit more than 30 seconds (32-35 seconds)... thats about 15 seconds faster than World Record... And this is not considered as a cheat (yet) while this affects LFSw times..

Is there a program which does not allow times to be saved on LFSW... because i think i must delete my PB now.. :/

EDIT2 - I have deleted my "PB" on LFSworld... :S
Yes, you will overwrite your LFS world pb times by using this mod online (unless you set the server status to hidden?). Modded personal best times are not considered cheating, only uploading of hotlaps using this mod would be cheating.

To run a normal modded server, you just need to load the mod before you start your server, and anyone running the mod should also be able to join in. For a dedi server, you just need to load the mod with the dedi switch, as explained in the readme. The only dedi version supported is X12.
Quote from Bob Smith :Yes, you will overwrite your LFS world pb times by using this mod online (unless you set the server status to hidden?). Modded personal best times are not considered cheating, only uploading of hotlaps using this mod would be cheating.

To run a normal modded server, you just need to load the mod before you start your server, and anyone running the mod should also be able to join in. For a dedi server, you just need to load the mod with the dedi switch, as explained in the readme. The only dedi version supported is X12.

Okay, thanks for answering

Ill start up then a normal server for some time

Server name - Nascar Test -

EDIT: Hidden doesnt change anything :/
I joined but my net sucks, I'm probably going to keep disconnecting. At least we proved it works.
I tried to check my inet aswell.. wondering why you timeouted
But it works yeah..

E: Server closed. waiting myself for a "proper" one
When a server is up tell me, ill join
Thanks for this bob, this is like a new patch for me (Getting bored of LFS )
A server is up, named [FG] Nascar Test

It's dedi, works good, 2 of us on there now (aka join!).
Quote from Bob Smith :duke_toaster / _--NZ--_[HUN] - have you tried picking a licenced car and doing a lap on a licenced track, then quitting and reloading LFS, then launching the mod? If that doesn't get it working, I'll whip up a test app which should let me know why the mod won't let itself load.

No, doesn't work.
Wow! Something interesting here. Thank you Bob, I will definitely try it out, I hope I will like that thing.
Indeed interesting, will test it out when I get time!
Will also look forward to hear about this secret Bob has in his sleeves
We're sat on a server waiting for people to join - come on everyone! The more people join the better its going to get, and it really is mega fun.
Edit : early home, going online on server NOW, come come!
I give up. Speed test reports 4.8Mbit down, 256kbit up, pings to websites are excellent, browsing and downloading is fine, yet connecting to lfs servers or even the master is incredibly intermittent, I can fail to connect at any stage of the process, and generally last only seconds in a server until I d/c. Half the time the server list times out, the other half of the time servers have good pings (or sometimes, half time out, etc). ShaperProbe reports no troffic shaping on my line but I'm convinced something is up with the ports that LFS is using. I've found a bittorrent port checker but it seems to be down.

Bloody BT! I hate my net!
that "[FG] NASCAR Test" server can be up as long as i want, and can rename it, so if you want to Bob, you can put the server name in your OP starting a listing of servers running the mod.
Quote from burnsy1882 :you can put the server name in your OP starting a listing of servers running the mod.

Done, thanks.

Quote from duke_toaster :No, doesn't work.

I'll get on to this tester app now then, seeing as I can't join in the racing.
well im going to try it :O
Canot join the server, tells I got wrong version.. using version X now.. Any idea's?
Quote from The Very End :Canot join the server, tells I got wrong version.. using version X now.. Any idea's?

same here, i am going to try x10 to see if that works.
Made an test server noe, bob's nascar test server X version.
ah, the server is using X12, so you need the X to X10 patch to get on the server.

The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG