The online racing simulator
The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
Bump again

HEY BO-ooooooob:kenny: links no worky.
Can't download to try it out.
Maybe at some point but I don't have the enthusiasm for this I once had. It's the amount of work that puts me off more than anything.

The download site sould be back up and running again soon, been down over a week now.
Aww, that's too bad. Lots of interest here as well. (I've also recently got some online buddies into the game & this could help hold their interest)
Quote from Bob Smith :Maybe at some point but I don't have the enthusiasm for this I once had. It's the amount of work that puts me off more than anything.

The download site sould be back up and running again soon, been down over a week now.

That's bad . I'm pretty sure there are people who would help you out.
Had some great fun with this Great memories coming back up Thanks for this Bob even after about 3 years!
I don't think I have to say anything, but I'd also like to see this updated too. I never was able to try it
I'd also love to see this updated to the latest LFS version, the mod is really fun to drive
Quote from Flame CZE :I'd also love to see this updated to the latest LFS version, the mod is really fun to drive

Is or was?
Quote from Bob Smith :As some of you might have been reading in my NASCAR thread in off topic, I've dug up my old, unreleased mod system and created a new car which I'm actually releasing.

I am hoping for people to give feedback on this, and most of all, for this to be used online (so I'm hoping one or two nice people will set up modded servers).

The grand reason behind all this will be revealed in time, but for now, please download and enjoy.

Please note, you need to use an older version of LFS, as I have not updated my mod system to work with the latest two official releases of LFS.

For the download and all instructions, please head over to this webpage: http://lfs.thefloatingwidget.net/nascar_mod.html

Modded servers running:
[FG] NASCAR Test

the download link is not working
Quote from JDowler :the download link is not working

Why would you need it?

It doesn't run a car Demo users can use anyways..
Quote from Dennis93 :Why would you need it?

It doesn't run a car Demo users can use anyways..

It does run on the XRT which is a demo car in patch X.

Edit: But it'll be useless because NASCAR runs on ovals and Kyoto Ring is available only in S2.

Still waiting on the update
If anyone's interested, I have a local dedi host running with this NASCAR mod.

To join, see the instructions on the Bob Smith's website. You need LFS X10 for the mod to work.

The mod is available here: download

Server name: NASCAR Experiment
Works nicely
Server up now.

The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG