The online racing simulator
The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
I know I know
Maybe I need to try getting better friend with him, then persuate him when he's drunk or something. I am sure there must be a way to do it, everyone falls - it's just a matter on what number of beer it is
Quote from Bob Smith :As I just explained in a big PM to lizardfolk, there are lots of side effects to shortening the wheelbase to match the wrong body. It does look a little better with the FXO body but if I change the wheelbase then both the physics and visuals are wrong. At least as it is now, the physics are (hopefully) as correct as LFS allows me to get them.

How the cook did you changed tire size on S1 car :O
Thanks to Bob, there's now an edited version of the mod with the wheelbase centered (to the FXO but it looks good). So far the edit was top notch ty Bob

Anyways, the cause for this edit is due to AW and Clockwork working together to see if we can put together a league around this mod

Right now it's in the planning stages but we are all working around the clock to hopefully make this league one of the most unique experiences you'll ever have in LFS. Keep on the look out

Bob, the X10 is an old dedi...smokey is wondering how to set a server up with the mod? (i sent u a pm).
Obviously the easiest way to test this mod online was to use my server that's already setup, so, I'm more than happy to lend it to whoever would like to use it for a league. So, AW+CW, if you'd like to use it, PM me to let me know who would be the main admin in charge of the league and I can change the admin pass to whatever they would like. I may be able to, with my advisor/consultant status, get the46 to broadcast the race/s if this goes through, as it'll be something totally unique.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Obviously the easiest way to test this mod online was to use my server that's already setup, so, I'm more than happy to lend it to whoever would like to use it for a league. So, AW+CW, if you'd like to use it, PM me to let me know who would be the main admin in charge of the league and I can change the admin pass to whatever they would like. I may be able to, with my advisor/consultant status, get the46 to broadcast the race/s if this goes through, as it'll be something totally unique.

That is very very generous of you burnsy and I thank you. (BTW I sent you a pm about an insim inquiry. I would like to talk to you about the track position ticker and the MoTec).

However, the mod that we'll be using is the edited mod with the wheelbase centered to the FXO.

I've uploaded a LFS version that's fully patched with it: http://www.filedropper.com/lfsnascar

So if you can either update that server to this, or have another server that hosts this version of the mod that would be great
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
Anyone who want to meet up on [FG] NASCAR Test?
Lets meet up 18:30 Utc.
I wont race if only 2 guys met up :/ So please, get your self some time and race
Quote from aroX123 :Anyone who want to meet up on [FG] NASCAR Test?
Lets meet up 18:30 Utc.
I wont race if only 2 guys met up :/ So please, get your self some time and race

Don't worry arox, a league surrounding this mod (well edited to fit a lfs car) is in the works and very close to being officially announced. Right now I really need burnsy to update his server to that updated mod.

Keep you eyes peeled this will be unique and great fun
Excuse me but I would like some clarification on the mod. I took a quick look at the engine specs and i'm slightly confused. Does 900 plus bhp seem a little too much power since a CoT's hp is 850? The rpms seems a bit right with 9,046 and I think bhp is lower than hp....

So idk...does it have too much power?
Quote from lizardfolk :Excuse me but I would like some clarification on the mod. I took a quick look at the engine specs and i'm slightly confused. Does 900 plus bhp seem a little too much power since a CoT's hp is 850? The rpms seems a bit right with 9,046 and I think bhp is lower than hp....

So idk...does it have too much power?

IIRC Bob made it have too much engine power as the transmission losses in LFS are bigger than IRL. So it has the same wheel bhp
I keep getting the same error....

NSIS Error
The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.
This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.
You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy
It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch
(NOT RECOMMENDED).

What should i do?
Does anyone have the correct skin layout, i see all the black spots randomly on the skins. Mostly where it joins.
Quote from AstroBoy :Does anyone have the correct skin layout, i see all the black spots randomly on the skins. Mostly where it joins.

It's just an FXO.

Previous ones were XRT, this is why they no longer fit.
Quote from J@tko :IIRC Bob made it have too much engine power as the transmission losses in LFS are bigger than IRL. So it has the same wheel bhp

Oooooh...ok glad to see it's accurate then.

Quote from AstroBoy :Does anyone have the correct skin layout, i see all the black spots randomly on the skins. Mostly where it joins.

Yeah, I was going to see if I can make a small skin pack for the FXO.
Hehe go figure the brain clicked on after i relized what i was talking about xrt converted to FXO skins. IM a smart one.
#216 - Zay
thats cool,and not illegal,right?
Do you really think I'd be posting material that against our own rules?
#218 - Zay
Quote from Bob Smith :Do you really think I'd be posting material that against our own rules?

sorry,just wanted to make sure.
anyway,i love the idea,it looks cool.
Quote from Bob Smith :Do you really think I'd be posting material that against our own rules?

I'm curious as to how this isn't against the rules? Not trying to say it is but it seems like it is changing the game. Could you clarify for us folk that don't program or have any clue about this sort of stuff please?

Thanks Todd

PS: Some people are going to think your a Dev. from the wording of your reply to Zay Conspiracy theorists unite!!!
Rules about what is allowed on the forum is mostly agreed by, and certainly enforced by us, the forum moderators. The devs have given a few extra requirements from time to time, but we're mostly left to manage the community.

As for being against the rules, they permit mods that edit the stats of a car, but not the shape of the body. This mod does not edit the shape of the body, which is the big no-no. It also has the required licence checking (initially a moderator idea, but the devs did back that up some time later) plus I did get another moderator to approve it, so I'm not abusing my powers here. Other than that, it's essentially the same as various LFSTweak apps, only you don't get the control - I do. Which then makes racing online a whole lot easier as there are no mismatches, you're either modded or you aren't.
Nicely explained

By the way, are we, normal users, able to change suspension types (like in LFSTweak)?
Quote from Bob Smith :Rules about what is allowed on the forum is mostly agreed by, and certainly enforced by us, the forum moderators. The devs have give a few extra requirements from time to time, but we're mostly left to manage the community.

As for being against the rules, they permit mods that edit the stats of a car, but not the shape of the body. This mod does not edit the shape of the body, which is the big no-no. It also has the required licence checking (initially a moderator idea, but the devs did back that up some time later) plus I did get another moderator to approve it, so I'm not abusing my powers here. Other than that, it's essentially the same as various LFSTweak apps, only you don't get the control - I do. Which then makes racing online a whole lot easier as there are no mismatches, you're either modded or you aren't.

Cool!! Thanks for the explanation.
Quote from Flame CZE :By the way, are we, normal users, able to change suspension types (like in LFSTweak)?

It's possible, yes. I've not seen a fully featured tweak app released yet but I do have another one to test tonight, so maybe this one fares better.
just get on with making your fully featured one up and running for z15 and public release already
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : because i can

The LFS NASCAR Experiment
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG