The online racing simulator
Quote from lizardfolk :I'm very impressed with Regan Smith. Rookie of the year with no DNFs and he STILL doesnt have any DNFs despite being with Furniture Row (a team known for equipment failures )

They have a Hendrick engine package.

The Earnhardt Ganassi meger i believe has caused more problems rather than solving them. Now that Truex has left, the only real option left would be to put Aric Almirola in the #1 for 2010. What happened to the Wrigley's Juicy Fruit/Big Red sponsorship? Weren't they meant to run a few races on the #42?
Truex made a good move by signing on with MWR. MWR made a huge turning point in 08 when Reutimann started getting top 10's. Truex now finds certainty with MWR; a solid ride with solid sponsorship from NAPA.

Whenever Marcos Ambrose finishes in the top 5 (or close to) he's to be avoiding a wreck (Coke Zero 400 and Aaron's 499)
I actually wouldn't like to see Truex go to MWR. Mainly because Carpentier was once linked with MWR...

Now it appears that Carpentier isn't going to have a stable ride anymore. I mean he has the 36...but Baldwin racing's been a mess after Scott Riggs left.

MWR is doing great tbh. Especially after a disastrous and embarrassing maiden season. I remember MWR's fail back then reminded me of BAR's fail in F1 lol. Fortunately looks like they wont follow BAR's road to oblivion
Quote from lizardfolk :I actually wouldn't like to see Truex go to MWR. Mainly because Carpentier was once linked with MWR...

Now it appears that Carpentier isn't going to have a stable ride anymore. I mean he has the 36...but Baldwin racing's been a mess after Scott Riggs left.

MWR is doing great tbh. Especially after a disastrous and embarrassing maiden season. I remember MWR's fail back then reminded me of BAR's fail in F1 lol. Fortunately looks like they wont follow BAR's road to oblivion

But BAR turned to honda and then to Brawn which are dominating F1

Maybe the same here?
Would BAR be considered as the same team as honda? Even though BAR became Honda I thought that Honda became a different team so to speak in terms of techniques and management? If that's the case then it's a different team in my book.

MWR is still MWR. They changed their car format a little bit because they are co-operating the 47 with JTG...but all in all it's still MWR.
Quote from lizardfolk :Would BAR be considered as the same team as honda? Even though BAR became Honda I thought that Honda became a different team so to speak in terms of techniques and management? If that's the case then it's a different team in my book.

MWR is still MWR. They changed their car format a little bit because they are co-operating the 47 with JTG...but all in all it's still MWR.

Nope, BAR from 2000 to 05 where powered by Honda, then in 06 when they turned to a works team they kept all of there facilities and staff, even one of there drivers(jenson button).

Then when they changed to Brawn they still kept everyone from the follwing year and they still have funding from honda.

and BTW in 04 BAR came 2nd in the constructors.
IDK .... it's too early to tell whether MWR will dominate NASCAR in the future to fully mirror BAR's situation. But they both mirror each other's beginnings.

With both Ambrose and Reutimann behind better equipment perhaps we'll see them winning sometime soon
Are there ny Circuits left in the season?, i doubt Ambrose will win this season unless its at Watkins which he would probably be favourite.

He is improving on the ovals now, hes pretty consistent in the top 20 apart from a few races with quite af top 10s as well.
Quote from Mustafur :Are there ny Circuits left in the season?, i doubt Ambrose will win this season unless its at Watkins which he would probably be favourite.

He is improving on the ovals now, hes pretty consistent in the top 20 apart from a few races with quite af top 10s as well.

Yup, Watkins Glen in about a month, he did good there last year.
What's with this Redbull front row nonsense.
Red Bull is the biggest joke ever. The reliability of their Toyota's is abolsute crap, but they do have pace and one decent driver (Brian Vickers) but one big wrong decision they made was to let go of AJ Allmendinger when he was getting around that steep learning curve.
Oh and supposedly they're considering switching to Chevy's next year. (from Jayski)
NASCAR redbull front row and F1 redbull front row?

BTW I'm not happy about the 82 qualifying that well...it means greater potential for Speed to outscore Andretti this race (which might mean Andretti falling out of the top 35 in owner's points)

Quote from hansonator69 :Red Bull is the biggest joke ever. The reliability of their Toyota's is abolsute crap, but they do have pace and one decent driver (Brian Vickers) but one big wrong decision they made was to let go of AJ Allmendinger when he was getting around that steep learning curve.
Oh and supposedly they're considering switching to Chevy's next year. (from Jayski)

Ehhhh, ur right that they should start to improve since MWR's toyotas have been improving (and improving tremendously I might add). As for a total joke, I wouldn't call them that, they still somewhat qualify although with the 82's current record they are behind Andretti's 34 in points (which...is actually pretty bad considering Andretti's horrible reliability). But...look at Blackjack Motorsports...the 51 car has only qualified for 1 of all it's attempts (which is actually most of the past races so far). IDK if it's Dexter Bean's fault or if Blackjack's car is just that crappy...but in either case they are a complete failure as a team overall...something RedBull hasn't managed to do yet.

Although getting rid of Allmendinger was a bad idea...an F1 driver over a ChampCar driver? Seems logically enough eh? But what they forgot was they are trading Allmendinger for Speed (LOL)
Quote from lizardfolk :NASCAR redbull front row and F1 redbull front row?

BTW I'm not happy about the 82 qualifying that well...it means greater potential for Speed to outscore Andretti this race (which might mean Andretti falling out of the top 35 in owner's points)

Ehhhh, ur right that they should start to improve since MWR's toyotas have been improving (and improving tremendously I might add). As for a total joke, I wouldn't call them that, they still somewhat qualify although with the 82's current record they are behind Andretti's 34 in points (which...is actually pretty bad considering Andretti's horrible reliability). But...look at Blackjack Motorsports...the 51 car has only qualified for 1 of all it's attempts (which is actually most of the past races so far). IDK if it's Dexter Bean's fault or if Blackjack's car is just that crappy...but in either case they are a complete failure as a team overall...something RedBull hasn't managed to do yet.

Although getting rid of Allmendinger was a bad idea...an F1 driver over a ChampCar driver? Seems logically enough eh? But what they forgot was they are trading Allmendinger for Speed (LOL)

You can't compare Redbull to a family run team. So in other words... Redbull fails.
PMD has a point, Lizard.
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
Isn't DEI a family organization?
Maybe family owned, but IMO, it's run much more like a larger corporation focused only on performance. Performance which they seem to be missing out on lately...
Family teams on levels like this are are not typical family team they usually consiss of huge budgets and are more like a corperation then a family team.

Look at Mclaren they started as a family team now they have a budget of 400 million a year.
Yeah, I was meaning family teams as like father/son owning/driving it.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah, I was meaning family teams as like father/son owning/driving it.

Stanton Barrett?

Ya I understand what you mean now, I mean Scott Speed is now behind Andretti by 1 point in 36th. LOL, with Andretti's reliability no corporate team should really be behind even if it is 1 point
Woohoo TNT coverage is over. I swear TNT has the most advertisements of any NASCAR broadcaster. "TNT - We know commercials"
Now its NASCAR on ESPN until Richmond II
Quote from hansonator69 :Woohoo TNT coverage is over. I swear TNT has the most advertisements of any NASCAR broadcaster. "TNT - We know commercials"
Now its NASCAR on ESPN until Richmond II

Yeah, I never liked TNT/NBC coverage, ESPN/ABC is much better.
/me misses waltrip commentating
Don't we all. ESPN is a lot better than TNT, but nothing beats FOX, excluding that damn gopher of course..
Bring back TNN!!! I wanna hear Ned Jarrett and Buddy Baker announcing.
Quote from PAracer :Bring back TNN!!! I wanna hear Ned Jarrett and Buddy Baker announcing.

+1

Also bring back Eli Gold and Bob Jenkins (even tho he does Indy Lights now)

Do you think NASCAR could work with 1990s bodies/tech, but today's safety?
as long as the front bumper lines up with the back bumper i dont care what they look like xD

love the bump drafing xD

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG