The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :does somebody have/know where to get a speedo?
ive searched the web, but all i found is a trainer with a speedo...
i dont want/need a trainer, just a speedo...and a working savegame afterwards, cuz im not gonna start over just because of that.

The first friggin result in Google with the search "GTA IV speedo"::smash3d:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMFawVx8Ssk
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=389609

Tho I haven't been able to get it working. Dunno why, maybe I just don't know how to use the Asi loader...
1.0.0.4 (or 1.0.3.1) version patch seems to be released. Has anyone tried it yet? Says it has optimisation features...
I have it. IMO it still sucks balls.
Quote from hazaky :I installed the Patch 1.0.4.0 few days ago and today i had a funny bug when playng in singleplayer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gffhti4F3w0

I think it's a some kind of a bug in the damage system. It has happened me a few times already and it always happens after a crash. Somehow the suspension just goes ballistic sometimes. Don't think it has anything to do with the new patch.
my favourite bug is the swings on the first island, reverse into the middle pole, keep the power on and u get flung half way across the island
Quote from trebor901 :my favourite bug is the swings on the first island, reverse into the middle pole, keep the power on and u get flung half way across the island

That's not really a bug as it was put there on purpose.
Well i tried the swingset bug on PS3, but the only thing it does is launching me into the trees that stand next to it and causing me to die instantly.
Quote from G!NhO :Well i tried the swingset bug on PS3, but the only thing it does is launching me into the trees that stand next to it and causing me to die instantly.

U must be on the right angle, the best choice is the hummer. Drive on the thingy like ur front is kinda like up in the air, so the slingy thingy is supporting u and then it should work. And, it works better in MP - because its more laggy and lala, dont know exactly.
Ok, ill try that.

Is it also possible with a motorbike or helicopter?
Quote from G!NhO :Ok, ill try that.

Is it also possible with a motorbike or helicopter?

Motorbike = U will fall off :chairfall
Helicopter = Havnt tryed yet
Quote from G!NhO :What about a limo or a big truck?

Well, im not sure. Ive only tryed limo but i cant remember what happened - i think that the sling shot was too horrific for me Brain damage

Anyways, i think that - bigger = better. Not sure but i just guess that it is like this.

Also, i know other places too where is that sling shot, but im not sure where it is. Ill get on IV in 30min i guess so then i will try to find it and post a map screenie
Installed the new patch, it actually is good! The benchmark result raised from ~30fps to solid 40fps.
Quote from BigPeBe :Installed the new patch, it actually is good! The benchmark result raised from ~30fps to solid 40fps.

Really? ... I didnt saw that big difference - maybe 2-4fps But atleast they fix the game wich is good, i love that they added more detailed settings so everyone could improve their gameplay and stuff. Anyways, ill get my new gfx card and monitor very soon - so i can play on max settings full hd too
Quote from BigPeBe :Installed the new patch, it actually is good! The benchmark result raised from ~30fps to solid 40fps.

I haven't run the benchmark to compare, but I can definetly see a solid increase in FPS
Quote from Stiggie :Sorry for bumping the thread, but i'm having some trouble here.
I want to know if anyone else is having the same ''jagged edges'' problem.
As you can see in the first picture, i've got everything set high, and at the right resolution.
Yet, as you can see in the other pictures.. i have horrible jagged edges on every single object, except for the HUD.
I was just wondering if everyone else has similar problems, or if it's just a job done badly by Rockstar.
I'm using the latest patch, 1.03.. the other specs are located in my sig.

Wonder if this is fixed in 1.04, because, apparently, i'm one of the few people who actually have this issue. I've seen plenty of movies where there clearly were smooth lines. Anyway, downloading now.
It's not a problem, it's an unwanted feature.

Like I've said earlier, there is no AA in GTA IV and that's the reason why everyone has horrible jagged edges in the game.

Patch 1.0.4.0 doesn't make a difference.
Quote from BigPeBe :It's not a problem, it's an unwanted feature.

Like I've said earlier, there is no AA in GTA IV and that's the reason why everyone has horrible jagged edges in the game.

Patch 1.0.4.0 doesn't make a difference.

Yeah i noticed it, the patch doesn't bring a difference.
Don't agree on the first part of your post though, a friend of mine has a legal copy of GTA IV.
He doesn't have any of these problems, the game looks beautiful on his screen.
Oh wow, me and my brother spent *hours* at the weekend playing with the swingset glitch after we read this
Quote from Stiggie :Yeah i noticed it, the patch doesn't bring a difference.
Don't agree on the first part of your post though, a friend of mine has a legal copy of GTA IV.
He doesn't have any of these problems, the game looks beautiful on his screen.

Well then he has such a massive resolution that your eyes can't pick the jagged edges and he also probably has the blur thing turned on. Only way of getting rid of them is AA of some sort and it's not currently possible in this game.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG