The online racing simulator
Hey guys and Worry. About 1 or 2 months ago i started a Hungarian translating for the Tracker. I'm done with it, and Worry, I would like to talk with you on MSN about this, and relase it.
Regards ---
Command
Looking for the command to find your position in the championship points..

example: !ptc ???

Also the language used to change the color for the messages and what to type to make dual line messages( it said use a + sign but can figure it out)..

Example make red to red

THanks
@ Kristi : Nice, waiting on MSN already.

@ jvalley : Airio stores points (and other data) on several levels. Two main levels are called "total" and "championship". Both can be deleted manually or automatically, which is done by default once a week with the championship data.

You may see championship (current week) points by typing !ptc. That gives you a list of the highest scores, all cars and tracks. You may also type !ptc bl1 or !ptc bl1+xfg to see champ data only for that track/car/combo. To see your own champ data use !pi or !pb, you'll also find your current position in the output.

Additionaly there are points for playing shown by !ptp and in !pi, newly also points for driving (!ptd and again !pi). These two may be used to gather points e.g. from only one server or only in certain periods, such as when a race thats part of some series is in progress. People may then see their points/position in the series only.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Also the language used to change the color for the messages". User messages in MSG files can be translated or updated, but colors put there as e.g. ^3 are ignored.

Create lines with several messages by either using one long like with "++" where a line break should be, or by using several same text keys, all except the 1st starting with "+", like:

TextKey=This is some text
TextKey=+This is 2nd line...

To use colors in defined text use LFS switches like ^1 for red or ^3 for yellow...
Quote from EQ Worry :@ Kristi : Nice, waiting on MSN already.

@ jvalley : Airio stores points (and other data) on several levels. Two main levels are called "total" and "championship". Both can be deleted manually or automatically, which is done by default once a week with the championship data.

You may see championship (current week) points by typing !ptc. That gives you a list of the highest scores, all cars and tracks. You may also type !ptc bl1 or !ptc bl1+xfg to see champ data only for that track/car/combo. To see your own champ data use !pi or !pb, you'll also find your current position in the output.

Additionaly there are points for playing shown by !ptp and in !pi, newly also points for driving (!ptd and again !pi). These two may be used to gather points e.g. from only one server or only in certain periods, such as when a race thats part of some series is in progress. People may then see their points/position in the series only.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Also the language used to change the color for the messages". User messages in MSG files can be translated or updated, but colors put there as e.g. ^3 are ignored.

Create lines with several messages by either using one long like with "++" where a line break should be, or by using several same text keys, all except the 1st starting with "+", like:

TextKey=This is some text
TextKey=+This is 2nd line...

To use colors in defined text use LFS switches like ^1 for red or ^3 for yellow...

Thanks for your time... answered all my questions and extra I needed... I was having problems trying to figure it out..

Do you put the color like this then...... Textkey=^3 test (example for yellow)
right!

Here are all colours:

# In all text responses you can also use colors:
# ^0 - black
# ^1 - red
# ^2 - green
# ^3 - yellow
# ^4 - blue
# ^5 - violet
# ^6 - cyan
# ^7 - white
# ^8 - no color

Quote from jvalley201 :Thanks for your time... answered all my questions and extra I needed... I was having problems trying to figure it out..
Do you put the color like this then...... Textkey=^3 test (example for yellow)

Always glad to help. And yes, colors are entered into config files just like that ^0 = black ^1 = red ^2 = green ^3 = yellow (then i'm not quite sure, just experiment a bit, but) ^7 = white, ^8 = gray, ^9 = gray + Latin charset (^L)...

EDIT: LOL, Crady is so fast. Note the ^9 in my answer however, that's not a widely known fact. But it is not much useful anyway. Basically, do not use ^9 in Airio config files, it may just mean adding 2 extra bytes...
My memory fault ... were i can find the setting for kick in case of lagging drivers ?
There are three items in SRV file (meaning they can be different on each server) handling lagging:

# Remove cars with extensive lagging during race - boolean
CheckLagging=true

# Number of missing consecutive car position packets (sent every
# 100 ms) seen as lagging and maximum number of such lags before
# spectating - integers
LagCount=4
LagTotal=8

First one turns on/off the lagging filter. Second one says what is a lag. Under default settings lag happens when the server is missing car info update for 400 ms. In that case one "point" is deduced from the number of allowed lags (third item). If there is more extensive lag, then double of initial value deduces one more "point", meaning lag of 800 ms means -2, lag of 1600 ms means -3 etc.

When half of total allowed lags is reached, the driver is warned that he is lagging. When total allowed number is reached, the driver is spectated for lagging. The default settings work pretty well, but you can of course specify a more tight lagging filter by e.g. specifying LagCount=2.

Airio also keeps lagging percentage for each driver, shown in the output of admin/limad !pl command. It is the last number on each line. In practice lagging around 1 percent is pretty heavy, it is hard to race with such a driver because he's disappearing or jumping around the track a lot.
Thanks mate.
We have a linux machine with some lfs server and this machine some time has lag problem.
So yesterday in race we start in 12 and after 3 laps there was a big lag ... so 5 drivers go spectate and the other not.
I think that we run official races we have to take off that parameters because the lag is caused by server and not by racers.
Yes, occasionally the lag may be caused by the LFS server, not by individual drivers, but that is a rare event connected with overall operating system behavior/installation. For any league races I always recommend to turn off all additional Airio checks, so that no one is spectated for lagging, indling, speeding, or kicked for bad language etc. To turn off all configured Airio checks type !ch off admin command. This also turns off auto restart. The !ch on command will get you back to previous configuration...
Thanks mate, u are a moonster !
Quote from michele0676 :Thanks mate, u are a moonster !

Ehm, I'm not sure what a moonster is, I guess something like moony monster. That fits nicely.

Anyway, the latest Language Pack newly contains Hungarian (HU) translation kindly provided by WarLock (kristi). Good job and thanks again! I'm thinking about including the latest complete MSG files into standard Airio archive to promote the usage of localized messages. The translators gave it a considerable amount of time and it would be nice to have the translations available on every Airio instance/server by default.
Ehehe Worry i need u again ...

In Airio.sta.un.txt u write this ...
n i k i <- lfs username
^13id ^7N.Ðakovi^Eæ <- nick in game

can i see the code part where u "translate" the ascii code in correct char to display the informations ?
Hmmm, the Airio (or rather Aegio, internal InSim library) code for this is quite complicated and it includes conversion tables to allow not only LFS to UTF, but also UTF to LFS conversions.

I believe there's Victor's PHP script available somewhere for converting LFS codes to UTF for display on a Web page. And I also believe that script can be used to "translate" nickname strings stored in Airio statistics.
IMPORTANT: It was mentioned here (and observed elsewhere) that there appear suddenly errors in Airio, every minute even in older versions. I finally realized what is the cause.

Due to misunderstanding some people were using the Airio option to call a script regularly (ScriptTimed) to point it to Michele's script grabbing Airio stats and showing them on a Web page. But the basic purpose of the item is to call a script returning some short data (such as number of people on voice chat) and display the output in chatlines (or process it as commands).

Problem is Michele's script returns a Web page, very possibly a huge one. Because of character limitations in earlier Airio versions an error was simply reported and handled. Newer versions would try to display the returned code. Ehmmm, I don't think people would like that.

Please, do not use ScriptTimed to point to Michele's script, it is a wrong usage that would end in error or something worse!

Question is what can be done. 1) From my perspective you should have two scripts. One can be called regularly from Airio to update stats, it will be returning nothing to the calling application. The other script would use updated data for display on a Web page. 2) Another option for me is to create a new key in CFG file allowing to call some script regularly and ignore the result, but I think the previous approach is better and more logical.

Any suggestions/explanations are welcome.
I have decided that i don't know how work with the nickname in race and so i've developed a version without nickname.

If some has problem with the scripttime is possibile modify the script for example in this way:

http://www.vwgolfcommunity.com/lfs/bf1sl.php

This generate on the fly the html file and return it, without needed to use script launch directly in airio.

This the news script with Framaris files:
http://www.vwgolfcommunity.com/lfs/airiotimes.html
Very nice, cool improvement. :-) If I may have one or two suggestions:

1) Characters after some Asian codes (shown as |) are larger. Why? I see that also in LFS World but it looks strange.

2) For the table to be really useful I would need options to select track and/or car, maybe even sort items by different columns. But I'm not sure if this is not done already by some other script.

Sorry, I really do not understand PHP.
Quote from EQ Worry :Very nice, cool improvement. :-) If I may have one or two suggestions:

1) Characters after some Asian codes (shown as |) are larger. Why? I see that also in LFS World but it looks strange.

2) For the table to be really useful I would need options to select track and/or car, maybe even sort items by different columns. But I'm not sure if this is not done already by some other script.

Sorry, I really do not understand PHP.

The framaris script has a problem and tomorrow a solve it, 2 script work in same table .... .

For your suggestion
1) I don't know, i use utf-8 decode and the result is that.

2) Of course, i've already in my bad brain to develop some that permit the filter of car and track.

Now is time to go bed.
Quote from michele0676 :1) I don't know, i use utf-8 decode and the result is that.

Aaaah, sorry. It looks like some small Opera bug, IE has no problem with display. But otherwise the conversion/display is perfect, thanks!
Just a little post to say that after the great insim and support EQ Worry provided us with, we have decided to invest little money in the form of a donation to support his work and he was so kind to provide us the full version of Airio. Our config is not perfect yet, but we are very very happy with the results we’ve achieved in such a short time.

So mate, a big thumb up from all of us at R2R!!!! Keep up the good work!!

If you feel like us guys, show some support for his work, he deserves it!
Oh, Fram, thanks a lot for your support both in the tangible form (donation) and also on the immaterial level (nice words). One wouldn't go without another, I guess. I hope you won't be disappointed and I wish you good luck and success with the R2R project/community!
Very nice, Michele. I see the script is developing nicely, thank you for doing this good job!

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG