The online racing simulator
tbh it depends what you want from the camera, i have a 450d and it great but thats just my opinion

have a look at www.dpreview.com and have a look at the reviews of all the cameras in your price range

one thing to remember is that if you are thinking of upgrading in the future you would have to stick with the same brand or you wuold have to buy a new set of lenses
Quote from james12s :tbh it depends what you want from the camera, i have a 450d and it great but thats just my opinion

have a look at www.dpreview.com and have a look at the reviews of all the cameras in your price range

one thing to remember is that if you are thinking of upgrading in the future you would have to stick with the same brand or you wuold have to buy a new set of lenses

Thanks. I'm an amateur atm and I think I'm not going to buy new lenses for ages. 450d looks promising
well lol i sorta said that to myself but soon i found myself buying a second lens, albeit a cheap one, and have got about 5 more on my want list lol although the 450d kit lens is quite good especcially compared to what it replaced
hah.. I was looking into 500d too, and I though of gathering some money and buying it lol.. Anyone know some places where to buy cameras for cheap`?
lol i was kicking myself slightly when i learnt the 500d had been released a little while after i got my camera but then i learned the price and wast so unhappy, i would rather do without the video and get a 40d
Why 40d?
its about the same price as the 500d but tis a better still camera but without video, even the 50d isnt that much more, but tbh for a straight beginner the 450-500 would probably be better but if you are looking a little more seriously at photography i would go with the 40d although it still isnt full frame

one key thing i fund when looking to buy a camera is to learn about taking pics first so you can identify what you need to take the pics you want

i like the video feture and like the qualtiy of the video but i would rather spend the extra moneynthey are charging you on a better stills camera not a combined stills/video camera, just personal preferance tbh, i was to get a camer with video it would be a 5d markII
Ok, thanks I think I'll go with 500d if I get the money. If not- 450d.

Portrait work a friend/musician. Details at my Flickr account if someone's interested.
I like how warm the colours are. or maybe it's warm as i want to be snuggled up between those...........umm..............sofas?

Very nice DWB, Love the Sana Fe woodland sign one. Lots of shadows and dappled light is a winner IMO.

p.s. Will we ever have a photo competition RSC style? maybe a month so we have time and more can participate. Just a thaught.
Quote from spankmeyer :Details at my Flickr account if someone's interested.

Interested in her, or the photography?

I'd do her, even with the tats.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Some recent ones from a hike in the Pecos National Wilderness. 35 & 70mm Limited primes:

DWB, I can honestly say something that I've been meaning to say for a long time now: f*ck off.

Yeah, piss off and take your rich colours, glorious light, big open skies and wonderful national parks with you. I'm not jealous.

But if not, then, lovely shots as always. You make good use of those primes.
Quote from STROBE :DWB, I can honestly say something that I've been meaning to say for a long time now: f*ck off.

Yeah, piss off and take your rich colours, glorious light, big open skies and wonderful national parks with you. I'm not jealous.

But if not, then, lovely shots as always. You make good use of those primes.

And I still haven't seen any of the big national parks out this way, of which there are so very many...
Just a few, with and without txt!

EDIT: This is for you DWB, you allways showing me your nature, look what I got!
Attached images
ss1.jpg
ss3.jpg
Everybody gets what he deserves.
Ditch the text, Kaw, but that's a great shot.

The horizon looks a bit off-level, though.
I just bought a 18-105mm AF-S ED VR Nikon lens. Someone please tell me I didn't goof.
you goofed
Uhoh! I did?

btw Canon lenses don't fit on Nikons.. if that's why
lol the reason why is that its a nikon

oh and they can do, they can even go the other way round in more ways than one

Ken Rockwell's not so keen on the lens, by the sounds of things. Maybe I was a bit hasty with the Buy It Now option

I really wanted to cut down on the amount of lens swapping that I do, and until now the widest lens I had was a 24-50mm. That's like a 35-75mm, which is about as useful/fit for purpose as a bottle of Volvic fighting a house fire. 27-160mm-ish covers pretty much everything I think I'll use day to day, and the VR is certainly appealing too.
I'm sure it will be ace. If I had been smarter I had bought something like that with a body and not the kit. How much did that thing set you back then?

Talking of which. Now when the US dollar is rightfully in the ditch again, is there any place that would ship Nikon lenses from US to Europe? Looking at the amazon list prices on the Nikon 55-200 VR AF-S DX lens, you'd save about 150 euros, and that's a lot in my books. But the problem is they don't ship that outside US. Is there some sort of areal distribution monopoly with camera gear, or does anyone know a place?
I paid £167 for the lens. I could have entered a bidding war and possibly got it cheaper, but I'm sooo impatient. The only way I can spend money is to do it quickly - before I change my mind. Old habits.

A few Ebayers are shipping from the US at the moment. There's no embargoes or anything to prevent them, AFAIK. New York has always been the main focus of photography equipment in the US, for some reason I've no real idea why. Start off at Adorama (http://www.adorama.com/) and work out from there, I reckon.
I just bought a Sigma 10-20 mm. Yay! Im gonna test it tomorow! :P
Quote from Kaw :I just bought a Sigma 10-20 mm. Yay! Im gonna test it tomorow! :P

It's wide and fun to use. Largeish apertures only though. Focuses really close btw.
Don't pay any mind to what Ken Rockwell says, Sam.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG