The online racing simulator
Quote from EQ Worry :Maybe they're logged because they timed out?

i'm thinking that's the case... i see them once or twice an hour, usually 15 minutes apart, and 9 packets per attempt.

at any rate, i can browse to airio.eu from my network, and it seems everything is working fine for the most part.

09.05.23 00:00:19 Opening new syslog file...
09.05.23 00:18:20 Requesting LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 00:18:20 Received LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 01:18:20 Requesting LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 01:18:21 Received LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 02:05:25 Warning : Global stats not received...
09.05.23 02:08:25 Warning : Global stats not received...
09.05.23 02:09:25 Warning : Global stats not received...
09.05.23 02:10:25 Warning : Global stats not received...
09.05.23 02:12:25 Warning : Global stats not received...
09.05.23 02:18:20 Requesting LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 02:18:21 Received LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 03:18:20 Requesting LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 03:18:21 Received LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 04:18:20 Requesting LFSW WR data...
09.05.23 04:18:21 Received LFSW WR data...

i'm just going to leave it...

thanks
Thanks EQ Worry Airio is looking really good now and has added extra fun to our Dead Men Racing servers.

As we change our track and car once a week on a Thursday at about 21:45, is it possible to have the championship stats changed at a user defined time rather than on the default Sunday? or a new "combo championship" started at track load with the !ptcc stats stored for that combo when race end is used a week later would be perfect.

Quote from o000o :As we change our track and car once a week on a Thursday at about 21:45, is it possible to have the championship stats changed at a user defined time rather than on the default Sunday? or a new "combo championship" started at track load with the !ptcc stats stored for that combo when race end is used a week later would be perfect.

While I'm still not personally happy about the way the championship/total things work, I think your problem has solution:

1) Open Airio.cfg.txt file.

2) Search for DaysChamp key and set it to 0 (from default value of 7). This will in effect cancel automatic champ data clearing. (Do not forget !rld to use the new setting.)

3) When you change track for the next week (which I think you're doing manually), use also !clrc admin command. This one clears all championship data for all people stored in stats.

4) The new champ data will start accumulating from this moment until you issue the !clrc command again next week (or any other time in the future).

Well, I hope this works for you and solves your troubles. And thanks for your nice words.
Quote from EQ Worry :
Well, I hope this works for you and solves your troubles.

Thx EQ Worry, that solution works fine
Hi EQ Worry!

I just have another suggestion:

The race start / qualify start button: At the moment there only is one big button in big letters displayed.

But we would like to display some basic server rules (3 or 4 lines) instead. Do you think it might be possible to add an integer in the config to adjust the font size and the possibility to add more than one line of text?

Another suggestion:

It would be nice if it is possible that only the first time a guest connects a kind of welcome screen is displayed (simmular as the connect button, but more than one line in smaller letters - like the rules e.g.).

At the moment every time a guest connects - no matter if it is the first time or he connected 1000 times before - a big button is shown :" Press shift+i for your personal configuration" and he has to click the OK button. This might be annoying doing it 1000x...
Hi Crady!

Quote from Crady :The race start / qualify start button: At the moment there only is one big button in big letters displayed. But we would like to display some basic server rules (3 or 4 lines) instead. Do you think it might be possible to add an integer in the config to adjust the font size and the possibility to add more than one line of text?

If fact you can even now display up to 5 big buttons with custom text on each race start (and also new connection). You can define more lines just like with other items:

RestartBtn=First button text
RestartBtn=+Second button text...

or

RestartBtn=First button text++Second button text...

Same for connect buttons, up to 5 lines/buttons may be defined...

Quote from Crady :It would be nice if it is possible that only the first time a guest connects a kind of welcome screen is displayed (simmular as the connect button, but more than one line in smaller letters - like the rules e.g.).

Well, certainly possible, I'm not sure what would be the point though. There can be no valuable info in such buttons, because they are displayed only once in a lifetime. And having "Press Shift+i" message there is rather an overkill, that instruction is always shown in chat lines anyway.

Quote from Crady :At the moment every time a guest connects - no matter if it is the first time or he connected 1000 times before - a big button is shown :" Press shift+i for your personal configuration" and he has to click the OK button. This might be annoying doing it 1000x...

Yes, agreed, but that's how you defined it. By default there are no buttons displayed on connect or race start. If you'd like to use the buttons, I'd suggest using short server rules as connect buttons. It will not hurt people that much having to press OK after each connect, I've heard no complains yet. Race start buttons can then show good luck and some turn 1 warnings...
You are so right, EQ Worry...

But I really would like to be able to create some short rules (5-liner) at race start - such as the "normal" rules are displayed instead of having (up to 5) BIG buttons covering the whole screen then....

But for ppl who like that large button it might be a good solution to be able to change the button seize by an integer. Maybe 3 values, big (as now), middle and small (as the rules are displayed now)
I'm getting a Password Error.

Whilst while inserting the admin pass and no pass both don't work.

When it's an elswhere located dedi, do I have to insert the I.P. ?
This is fixed, now I'm having a TCP error.

What does that mean ?
Quote from Crady :But I really would like to be able to create some short rules (5-liner) at race start - such as the "normal" rules are displayed instead of having (up to 5) BIG buttons covering the whole screen then....

But for ppl who like that large button it might be a good solution to be able to change the button seize by an integer. Maybe 3 values, big (as now), middle and small (as the rules are displayed now)

Well, I might add that size parameter, althought it is just a cosmetic change. But true, some people may prefer smaller buttons. However I consider 5 buttons (that is lines) of text maximum usable count. It has no meaning to create 10 lines of text to appear at race start, because time there is limited and you may have only 6 seconds to read it all...

Quote from rockclan :... now I'm having a TCP error. What does that mean ?

TCP error means the IP/port combination you entered in CON file does not exist (is not reachable) - nothing responds there, no connection can be established. On the other hand password error means that something is responding on the set IP/port, but it does not respond correctly because you use wrong password (also in CON file) or it is some other TCP service.

Make sure the port you set in CON file is in fact server InSim port, defined by server /insim=xxxxx command, where xxxxx is often around 30000. If you can directly control your LFS server and especially if it is local (on the same computer when you run Airio), you should be always able to establish working connection. If you're using some LFS server provider, check with him the correct settings as there may be some port redirection and other strange limits...
Nice!

Hmm... I still have no idea how to setup the timed messages...

TimedTime1=7
TimedTime2=12
TimedTime3=17

I still have the problem, that 2 messages are displayed at the same time... I don´t know why.

Am I right that Message one should be displayed every 7, message 2 every 12 and message 3 every 17 minutes, right? Or is it so that after 7 min message 1 is displayed, 5 minutes later message 2, again 5 minutes later message 3 and then it starts again??

Sorry... did not stop the time yet

if point one is right then at min 7, 14, 28, 35, 42 etc. Message 1 should be displayed, at min 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 message 2 should be displayed and at min 17, 34, 51, 78, 95 message 3 should be displayed. I see no time at which 2 messages should be displayed at the same time...

Still confused...
LOL @ the in-depth exploration. I believe you're basically right, but you should realize that you'll see message 1 and 2 at the same time at least every 7x12=84 minutes, messages 1 and 3 at least every 7x17=119 minutes and all three messages at least every 7x12x17=1428 minutes (about once in 24 hours)...

I remember I was discussing this with someone about 2 or 3 months ago. We reached a conclusion that this is not the best system and we even came up with better idea how to rotate such messages so that only one always appears. But I have no idea now what this principle was.
Hmm... conclusion...

Well I think a good way might be to start counting the time when Airio was started.

Then TimedTime1 gives the 1st time a message is displayed. TimedTime2 gives the time AFTER TimedTime1 to display message 2 and TimedTime3 gives the time time AFTER TimedTime2 to display message 3.

Then it starts again...

So if you e.g. use 5,5,5 the message 1 is displayed after 5 Minutes, message after further 5 minutes and message 3 again after further 5 minutes.

Then after further 5 minutes it starts again with message one.
Quote from Crady :So if you e.g. use 5,5,5 the message 1 is displayed after 5 Minutes, message after further 5 minutes and message 3 again after further 5 minutes. Then after further 5 minutes it starts again with message one.

Well, possible, but then setting individual times has no meaning, bacause if you set e.g. 5, 10, 15, there'll be 15 minutes with no message between message 2 and 3. So eiher what you say, but use only one periodicity with messages rotating, or another solution:

Define pauses as e.g. 5, 15, 60, but make sure only one message is displayed, the one that was waiting the longest. That means you'll have a message displayed every 5 minutes, but on each 15th and 60th minute it will be a different message.
Hmm... another idea would be to give a message 2 options:

1st option after how many minutes the message is displayed the first time
2nd option after which period of time the message is displayed then.

e.g.

Message one:

start 5 minutes then every 30 minutes

Message two:

start 15 minutes then every 30 minutes

Message three:

start after 25 minutes then every 30 minutes

This would mean 5 minutes after Airio start the first message will be displayed, next after 15 min., 3rd after 25 min. then after 35 min. it starts again....
Quote from Lorenzo89 :How i can set to after crash player have automatic spectate?

Open Airio.tcd.txt file, find MaximumSpin key and set it to something like 360. This sets the maximum spin in degrees per second a car can rotate in race. All faster rotating cars are spectated for security. Note that this is not a perfect crash detection, but it helps a lot on packed servers. Don't forget to use !rld after saving the updated file!
Hi, EQ Worry!

Yesterday I found an error message in the console:

Write error
Disconnected
connected

Does that mean anything? I opened the log file (not sure if it was the right one) and did not find anything...

I only found some entries that Airio could not receive LFSW data. - Yes I have inserted a valid Pubstat IdentKey...
Quote from Crady :Write error - Disconnected - connected
Does that mean anything? I opened the log file (not sure if it was the right one) and did not find anything...

It means there was a problem communicating with server, the conection was broken. Usually this happens when the server goes offline temporarily or restarts itself. Airio then closes the connection and tries to make a new one every 5 minutes.

Quote from Crady :I only found some entries that Airio could not receive LFSW data. - Yes I have inserted a valid Pubstat IdentKey...

LFSW data cannot be received for people that expressedly blocked them in their LFS World settings. You'll see the message about not receiving LFSW data for people with blocked access or without any data.

Quote from Lorenzo89 :i will set"-360"" or"360"

Use 360, spinning direction does not matter. Negative numer actually allows any spin speed.

Quote from Lorenzo89 :I have problem with my server with airio, beacuse when i leave server, airio change track. server change track every when i leave server. help me

That would be because of track rotation set. When last driver leaves the server, it is like voting to end race. If defined, track rotation will be done. See RotateTracks in SRV file.

Quote from Lorenzo89 :wrong way= spectate

This is active by default, see the following items in SRV file:

CheckDriving=true
WrongDrivingTimeRace=5
WrongDrivingTimePrac=10
Quote :It means there was a problem communicating with server, the conection was broken. Usually this happens when the server goes offline temporarily or restarts itself. Airio then closes the connection and tries to make a new one every 5 minutes.

Well might be the "24h reconnect" of my ISP... (atm Airio runns on my home computer - I know that this is not the best solution...)

Quote :
LFSW data cannot be received for people that expressedly blocked them in their LFS World settings. You'll see the message about not receiving LFSW data for people with blocked access or without any data.

Ah ok, then...
I've found too many things wrong with this mod to say nice things about it.

Most servers have a ridiculous AFk timeout. 5 seconds of no driving gets you spectated.

You get spectated for 'going in a restricted area'. What the hell? I spun off earlier from 2nd place (just onto the grass) and I got spectated. This is quite honestly crap.

OH and you get spectated for driving the wrong way even for just a few metres (fixing a spin etc)
Quote from benjie.13 :I've found too many things wrong with this mod to say nice things about it.

Most servers have a ridiculous AFk timeout. 5 seconds of no driving gets you spectated.

You get spectated for 'going in a restricted area'. What the hell? I spun off earlier from 2nd place (just onto the grass) and I got spectated. This is quite honestly crap.

:doh:

They're settings that can be modded by the server admin.

I presume you're talking about the Fragmaster Version [restricted area bit], again that's not Airio but route markers.

Although, the spinning spectate thing on Fragmasters is quite possibly the most annoying thing ever.
Quote from J@tko ::doh:

They're settings that can be modded by the server admin.

I presume you're talking about the Fragmaster Version [restricted area bit], again that's not Airio but route markers.

Although, the spinning spectate thing on Fragmasters is quite possibly the most annoying thing ever.

It's only airio powered servers I've found it on. Suomi(sp?) is one. I think it is actually airio.
Quote from benjie.13 :It's only airio powered servers I've found it on. Suomi(sp?) is one. I think it is actually airio.

It isn't - they have route checkers there too.
Quote from benjie.13 :I've found too many things wrong with this mod to say nice things about it.

Ahh, nice post, Benjie, lets take a look at it.

Quote from benjie.13 :Most servers have a ridiculous AFk timeout. 5 seconds of no driving gets you spectated.

Completely wrong. Under default setting idling is set to 30 seconds. 5 seconds would be impossible to have, people will get specced right at the start before green light comes on and that really does not happen. So you're obviously wrong here.

Quote from benjie.13 :You get spectated for 'going in a restricted area'. What the hell? I spun off earlier from 2nd place (just onto the grass) and I got spectated. This is quite honestly crap.

Default settings define 2 restricted areas on BL1, the most important is on the inside of turn 1, the grass area there. It may hurt you once, it will save your race ten more times when people are sliding on grass (or going there on purpose) after start and crash the whole field. So, honestly, that's no crap, the gains are very high comparing to losses. How many cars would you have hit if you were not spectated? Maybe none, maybe ten, we do not know.

Quote from benjie.13 :OH and you get spectated for driving the wrong way even for just a few metres (fixing a spin etc)

You have to go wrong way for 5 seconds in fact (and that is active movement in the wrong way, covering significant distance, not just a few meters), that is in race and under default settings. Most people need much less to turn their car around and get back on the track. Only crashers will not like this setting, because it makes their life so much harder.

Overall, EVERYTHING in Airio is admin-configurable. So if you think some settings are very wrong, ask server admins to change them. But the default demo settings, which I gather most servers use, have been tuned for many months. They are made so that decent racing is supported and so that crashers have a hard time (restricted areas in favorite crash spots, short allowed wrong way driving, many other filters). Strange you have problems with these primary protections. But take no offence.

Airio allows admins to create highly restrictive environment - say no bad words allowed, only one race join allowed, certain lap time required to join the race, etc. All these filters/check can also be turned off to create a very lenient environment - Airio then only gathers timing and other personal data, manages start grid, etc.

The default settings that are part of Airio download are something in between. Not all checks are active, not all defined, but some that has shown their value in the past are by default active. They may hurt you once, they may serve you in many other situations.

There's for example the blue flag check, people were complaining to me as to an AirAttack admin that it is a stupid filter. If someone has blue flag and the obstructed driver is close behind him, the flagged drivers may be getting requests to let the driver behind pass. If he ignores say 4 such warnings, he is spectated for bad driving. True, it may hurt when you're trying to unlap yourself and when you're not fast enough to put some space between yourself and the leader, but most of the time, when you're doing a good race (not rejoining in lap 3 from pits), it will help you, make the way clear for you from people unwilling to give way.

Sooo, every filter/check is a double-sided sword. I believe 95 percent of drivers would agree though that the default settings are very reasonable, supporting good racing, punishing only when there's a reason. Note that you're never speced/kicked for good driving. All the troubles you mentioned were results of your mistakes/crashes. That by itself tells a lot.
Quote from J@tko :I presume you're talking about the Fragmaster Version [restricted area bit], again that's not Airio but route markers.

First, thanks J@tko for your responses. And you're of course right, not every restricted area is Airio-defined one. By default restricted/limited areas are defined only on BL1 and BL2 tracks, because they are more flexible than LFS-defined ones. (For example XFG and XRG cars would be spectated when trying to cut the chicane, while FBMs can pass there because for that car there are no time gains achieved by cutting, it is just escape route.)

There are also servers (I believe also the Suomi ones), which are running the so-called Remote+ version. Remote+ defines other areas (such as around the chicane on BL1) that would warn/spec you. Again, that's not Airio business.

Quote from J@tko :Although, the spinning spectate thing on Fragmasters is quite possibly the most annoying thing ever.

I would almost agree on that one. It is kind of depressing that once you start spinning you can just wait if you'll get spectated or if you'll escape that filter and will be able to continue.

But then we must see that races with 32 cars are no exception on that server and spectating fast every quickly spinning car has its obvious advantages. In the end, as you mentioned, it is admin decision, if this filter will run and under what setting.

I might just call to Failure's attention that this filter may have different setting on every track (or car, or both). Very usable in SO track with narrow path, not so much on WE and elsewhere with wide escape zones and barriers far away.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG