The online racing simulator
LOL.... u completely edited my post to make it look worse.... damn.. you should work for the news papers !

:P

no disrespect, but.. i hate mclaren.. that is how it is...
Damn, this exciting race will go down in the history books.
Jesus, F1 fans are becoming like football fans, which certainly isn't a good thing.
Quote from 5haz :Jesus, F1 fans are becoming like football fans, which certainly isn't a good thing.

A part of me wants to see a fight between the Tifosi and the Mclaren fans.
Simply because sometimes the best action is at the stands, and not on the field/track.
Naah, I want to see a fight between Tifosi and Mclaren cars and drivers, on track.

Not a petty bitch fest on an internet forum!

Makes me laugh when people state they hate/love something, with no reason why whatsoever.

Anyway, the Monaco GP isn't the same on TV, you have to be there for it to not be boring I'm sure.
regarding Ferrari/Mclaren/BWW fightbacks. Personally I can't see anyone bar RBR challenge BrawnGP for wins this year. We hasve maybe 2-3 races left before the 'big' teams start looking ahead to next year. I certainly think McLaren must be nearing maximising their development cycle. They have taken a car which was 2.5 off in pre-season testing to being occasioanlly competitive. Can they improve much more? Somehow I doubt it.

Button could easily win every race left at this rate,
Quote from el pibe :edit: i feel alone here... only ferrari fan or what ? =(

Oh hai \o/, I was banned once for being a Ferrari fan
Attached images
Banned.JPG
Haha! This right there ^ is pure Fail (or win?)
Fail of course
Quote from 5haz :Anyway, the Monaco GP isn't the same on TV, you have to be there for it to not be boring I'm sure.

I'm living at about 20 km from Monaco and I went there twice for the GP. Believe me it's a real nightmare at many levels: incredible crowd on such a small territory, accesses, parking (better to use train), you see almost nothing and overall the noise of the engines reflecting on the buildings is just crazy.
Now that I'm not a young man anymore it's much better on TV

Anyway, fast made video of Button's win:
http://www.zshare.net/download/604572267c5b4f42
Quote from Intrepid :regarding Ferrari/Mclaren/BWW fightbacks. Personally I can't see anyone bar RBR challenge BrawnGP for wins this year. We hasve maybe 2-3 races left before the 'big' teams start looking ahead to next year. I certainly think McLaren must be nearing maximising their development cycle. They have taken a car which was 2.5 off in pre-season testing to being occasioanlly competitive. Can they improve much more? Somehow I doubt it.

Button could easily win every race left at this rate,

At least some of the trailing teams this year are more likely to make up the deficit than is usually the case during an F1 season.

Good thing Bernie's medal system wasn't implemented though huh? We could have basically had a champion by July.
Quote from Lotesdelere :I'm living at about 20 km from Monaco and I went there twice for the GP. Believe me it's a real nightmare at many levels: incredible crowd on such a small territory, accesses, parking (better to use train), you see almost nothing and overall the noise of the engines reflecting on the buildings is just crazy.
Now that I'm not a young man anymore it's much better on TV

Anyway, fast made video of Button's win:
http://www.zshare.net/download/604572267c5b4f42

Well I'm sure if you're part of the 'show' as a driver/important person etc, its probrably pretty fun, and the racing may be crap, but I'm sure a lap of Monaco is hardly boring for the drivers.

Must admit, when Button slowed as he approached the finish line, I almost shouted at my TV, 'cos it reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PkbiE1pHc0
Well, the usual dull Monaco race but some great comedy moments thanks to Brundle's epic gridwalk and Button forgetting where to park
#289 - col
The BBC teams coverage
"Fell off a cliff"
today !
I must admit, this was pretty damn boring. From maybe 10 laps in, it was total boredom until the end. The problem is the lack of passing opportunities. That makes the whole race relies completely on pit stops and crashes to be somewhat interesting. The sad thing is that pit stops the incidence of pit stops will be diminished next year, so it'll be even more boring.
Quote :"I'm very angry because Monaco's a long race and that's why these young drivers need to be careful with what they're doing. I don't know what he was thinking there - we planned a long first stint and, if it wasn't for the crash, I could have ended up in seventh."

http://msn.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5346092,00.html
Those are very wise words of Piquet, the most experienced veteran currently on the grid who never makes any mistakes.
I love how he puts himself better than Buemi
Piquet:
Hahahahaha, no.
Can someone just confirm something for me

In the last 20-30 years how many titles have been won that don't have an Adrian Newey or Ross Brawn influence?

Renault 05-06. any more?

Lets face facts these two guys ARE F1...
Quote from Intrepid :Can someone just confirm something for me

In the last 20-30 years how many titles have been won that don't have an Adrian Newey or Ross Brawn influence?

Renault 05-06. any more?

Lets face facts these two guys ARE F1...

err 07 and 08?
Quote from BenjiMC :err 07 and 08?

The McLaren still had Newey influence and Ferrari still had Brawn influence in their packages. They why I chose the word 'influence'
As stated in an interview with Mr. Newey on the BBC the other day, and after Eddie Jordan was basically licking his arse out (goddamn, I hate EJ with passion), Newey is just one of a team of what he said are the best dynamicists and designers in the business. Everybody says "Newey this" and "Brawn that", but they didn't craft the cars by themselves.

No doubt, they know how to work in a team, but two men working alone do not make the world's best Formula One cars.
Quote from dawguk :As stated in an interview with Mr. Newey on the BBC the other day, and after Eddie Jordan was basically licking his arse out (goddamn, I hate EJ with passion), Newey is just one of a team of what he said are the best dynamicists and designers in the business. Everybody says "Newey this" and "Brawn that", but they didn't craft the cars by themselves.

No doubt, they know how to work in a team, but two men working alone do not make the world's best Formula One cars.

... and many people like Dino Chiesa, and 'Che' were behind guys like Hamilton and Senna but we don't hear about them either.

Brawn, and Newey are the leaders of their division and thus direct resources. Without them their teams would be nothing. Of course they need their teams but they themselves are the defining factors. if they weren't then their 'team' of men would soon be hired by other teams!

Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2009
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG