The online racing simulator
Quote from el pibe :yay ! the kers cars are performing well... =)

looking foward for the quali

Yeah, and Williams are going to win the race!

Practise means nothing.
Quote from tristancliffe :I do hope it's not compulsory next year. What F1 doesn't need it expensive, pointless 'green gimmicks' that don't do anything.

Kubica is not slower due to lack of KERS. He's slow because the car is rubbish, and would be even slower with KERS fitted.

Well it has been said that KERS will give more power next year so the difference will be bigger.
lol the practise times nean jack all, williams have topped every first practise since the start of the season and there hopeless, mclaren are lucky to be that high.

the poll on the F1 site is funny too, who will get pole? Williams, Mclaren or Brawn.

Well first of all only Brawn is the only team in that list that has a hope of it, second of all i think RedBull will do it.

"Who drew THAT on the back on Nelson's car?"

"Sorry it was Alonso. he was the one that drew a cock on the back of your car"
Quote from Intrepid :

"Who drew THAT on the back on Nelson's car?"

piquet likes it from behind
I find it rather amusing that BMW already had two engine failure this season and we only have had 5 races so far this year. Their remaining 6 engines has to last 12 races including this weekend. And i assuming at least one or two of those engines have already ran one race.It will be interesting to see how BMW uses their engines for the remainder of the season. I wishes the team has to tell the fans which engine they are using for each race so we will have a clear picture of how the teams are using an engine.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I find it rather amusing that BMW already had two engine failure this season and we only have had 5 races so far this year. Their remaining 6 engines has to last 12 races including this weekend. And i assuming at least one or two of those engines have already ran one race.It will be interesting to see how BMW uses their engines for the remainder of the season. I wishes the team has to tell the fans which engine they are using for each race so we will have a clear picture of how the teams are using an engine.

Looks like Vettel will need an engine change for the race, he blew one in 2nd practise which would be disaster for Redbull.

They will probably use there free engine change though so it should be all good if they need to change.
I don't think there are any "free" engine changes any more.

The regulations don't make any mention of a free change:
Quote :28.4 a) Each driver may use no more than eight engines during a Championship season. Should a driver use more than eight engines he will drop ten places on the starting grid at the first Event during which each additional engine is used.
An engine will be deemed to have been used once the car's timing transponder has shown that it has left the pit lane.

If you're talking about the parc ferme regulations about engine change, it is not relevant in Vettel's situation, since parc ferme is only applicable between Qualifying and Race.

Interestingly, this means Vettel has already used up two of his eight allowed engines. He has six engines to last eleven more races after Monaco.

On another note, the Red Bull cars are running DD diffusers. It doesn't seem to have resulted in any improvements relative to their competitors.
There is no such thing as a free engine change. You have been paying attention to the rule changes for this year haven't you?

Might I suggest you visit the FIA website, read the rules and learn something, anything about F1. Because you just spout rubbish...
Quote from tristancliffe :There is no such thing as a free engine change. You have been paying attention to the rule changes for this year haven't you?

Might I suggest you visit the FIA website, read the rules and learn something, anything about F1. Because you just spout rubbish...

last year there was i just assumed. either way i haven't got the time to read 20 pages of rabble.
Neither have I. But as it's been mentioned in almost every article to do with F1 all over the world for the last 6 months you must have your head in the sand.
Quote from tristancliffe :Neither have I. But as it's been mentioned in almost every article to do with F1 all over the world for the last 6 months you must have your head in the sand.

must of forgot.
must have, dammit!
Quote from 5haz :Nah, I don't think they're that stupid.

Quote from duke_toaster :They'd have to give it to Rubens first to see if it's worth using. Shoehorning it in won't be a five minute job, and it could make the thing a lot slower.

But surely if the drivers were being treated "equally" they would put it on both cars at the same time to ensure equal gain/loss from the technology so as not to favour one over the other?

But like duke, I'm betting Rubens ends up being the "guinea pig", and when it turns out to be a hash (as it almost certainly will) they'll come out with some plea about how "theoretically" it should have been an advantage.

I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
Quote from amp88 :Start your sentence with a capital letter

End yours with a full stop.
Quote from DaveWS :End yours with a full stop.

Smiley counts as a full stop

edit: BTW Dave, take a look here if you haven't already.
Quote from amp88 :Start your sentence with a capital letter

I started mine how he started his, as part of point.

Oh, and smilies count as a full stop and a capital letter at the beginning
Quote from gezmoor :But surely if the drivers were being treated "equally" they would put it on both cars at the same time to ensure equal gain/loss from the technology so as not to favour one over the other?

But like duke, I'm betting Rubens ends up being the "guinea pig", and when it turns out to be a hash (as it almost certainly will) they'll come out with some plea about how "theoretically" it should have been an advantage.

I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

I suspect they will put off KERS until the end of the season where they can test it without risking anyones championship. If it really comes down to having to run it this season I suspect it will be testing on the Friday and if a driver doesn't like it then the car will be in the garage for the rest of the day to strip it in time for Saturday.

Bernie: "Look you little sh1t, where did you hide Kimi's ice lolly and coke?"
Haha, Bump the "Caption Competition" thread with this, let people go mad I can see already some good captions....
F*ck you i wont do what you told me!
I'll play

Quote from Intrepid :

*5 Minutes later*

"Uhhh Fernando... I think someone took a dump in your seat."

Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2009
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG