The online racing simulator
A yellow flag system would be great IMO. A simple percentage would be the best way I think, so if someone has say >50 % yellow flags he can't race at all...
About limiting server access

Many racers think that you can ensure clean races by defining some high lap time limit (meaning requiring really good time). But my experience shows severe limits lead quickly to empty server. Average drivers cannot join race there and the good drivers are not in the end interested in races with 2 or 3 other cars. They need, after all, someone who would admire them.

For example in AA demo BL1+FBM server we use 1:18 as the required lap time (stored on server or on LFSW), and that only in certain day period (prime time) and only if enough people are connected (say more than 10). I would maybe consider lowering it to 1:16 because the server is quite popular with many good drivers, but 1:14 is a no-go, it would be far too prohibitive.

And of course we have cool crashes there even if all connected have lap time < 1:14. Small mistake or disrespect/unawarness in turn 1 or chicane 1 and you have a pile of angry people.

About commands

Anyone is free to turn off display of other peoples' commands, but not the other way around. This is intentional so that other people can see what you're doing and also can discover new commands that may have escaped their attention. Only in FULL version admins have the option to turn off all commands display (using HideAllCommands item in SRV file). No commands starting with simple ! will then be shown to anybody.

About safety rating

I'll try to implement the yellow flag ratio thing, as an informational value for now. I think it may be shown for players that have made at least 50 or 100 laps because otherwise it has no meaning. Also limiting access based on the ratio is something to think about because if I go over 50 percent, how can I improve if I can never join another race?

With some people we've been also discussing the possibility of calculating (moving) average lap time. That may also be of some value, but again there should be some limits on how bad laps (1st lap in race, lap after a crash) are used for the calculation.
Quote from EQ Worry :About limiting server access
About safety rating

I'll try to implement the yellow flag ratio thing, as an informational value for now. I think it may be shown for players that have made at least 50 or 100 laps because otherwise it has no meaning. Also limiting access based on the ratio is something to think about because if I go over 50 percent, how can I improve if I can never join another race?

With some people we've been also discussing the possibility of calculating (moving) average lap time. That may also be of some value, but again there should be some limits on how bad laps (1st lap in race, lap after a crash) are used for the calculation.

Well you could do it so if someone has done at least 10 races on the server and their yellow flag ratio is > 50%, then they get a 1 day ban, then there yellow flag ratio is reset...
Quote from EQ Worry :Aaaah, sorry, I missed this question. Well, surely it could be done, but I do not see what advantage it would bring. I feel line-separated stat files are just as good as tab-separated. Am I wrong?

not better .. just more practical I think. With my suggestion the sta.un file would from this:

dragoncommando
Dragon-Commando
PB
EN

racer x nz
Racer X
PB
EN

to something lilke this:

dragoncom,Dragon,0,PB,EN,001111000111111101000,0,0,0,0
racerxnb,Racernb,8742397949,PB,EN,001111000111111101000,0,0,0,0

The second format would allow us to open the format directly in XL or other spreadsheet and directly import it into a database (i.e. mySQL) without any parsing necessary.
Hmmmm, I have to concede your format looks much better and would even save a few bytes on each entry. I guess also format updates (adding new items) would be easier.

The problem now is some people are already using stat files in the current format - their custom PHP scripts would have to be redesigned. So if I'm going to support that format, it needs to be optional only - using a config item to switch between line-separated and tab-separated values. Commas cannot be used because they may be part of nickname making parsing rather complicated. But I believe tabs could be used safely.

Thanks for this idea.
Airio 2.2.2 is now available. It does not support yet safety ratings (currently I'm trying to discover in what way yellow flags are raised and withdrawn) nor new STA file format.

Of the general interest features it cleans !pb and !pi lists. PB shows data related to certain track/car combination such as PB and TB data but also points and lap/race time and drift points in that combo (in FULL also podiums and licence). PI on the other hand shows global driver data, such as total laps and points (with rank in FULL), playing points total podiums (in FULL) and list of track/car combos.

Once average lap time is implemented, it would go to PB list because it is track/car dependant. On the other hand safety rating will be shown in PI (player info), because it would be instance-global rating.

Also the principles of custom grid with qualification combined with track rotations were improved. For full list of updates see the changelog.

FULL version features support for custom selectable time comparison base. Drivers may define any value for the current track/car combination and split/sector lap times will be compared to this value (in the buttons at the top of the screen). Very good for seeing where you need to improve to reach certain lap time.
Hi, Thank you for release 2.2.2

I find some event... (by my mistake)

----EVENT----
If exist file --> [Airio.cfg.nc.txt]
then FAQ/Notes/Rules buttons doesn't work.

----To solve----
1. Rename Airio.cfg.nc.txt
2. Include items to Airio.cfg.txt

----

I separeted file to Airio.cfg.nc.txt many Curse word.
This is my mistake.

[Airio.cfg.nc.txt ]
Curse=aaaa
Curse=bbbb
Curse=cccc
Curse=dddd
:

Maybe more previous version (from 2.1.8?) have this event.
Perhaps I read old document and mistake this.

change log http://www.airio.eu/Airio_CL.html describing this...

Quote :

Airio 2.1.7 (2009-03-28)
  • MAJOR: Substantial changes to the configuration files – merging of SRV and FIL files into Airio.srv.txt, merging CFG, CFG.NC, CFG.TC, and CFG.LC files into Airio.cfg.txt. Old arrangement would still function (at least for some time, until IncludeFile directive is supported), but this new one substantially reduces the number of external files, making it easier to find the related items.
  • Also the text lines from TXT.FQ, TXT.RL, and TXT.NT were moved into a new section of Airio.cfg.txt, with new items TextFAQs, TextNotes, and TextRules available. The old arrangement in NOT supported, the three formerly used TXT files are ignored. Any changes in FAQ/Notes/Rules buttons need to be updated by !rld, just like all other items.

If it is known event, sorry about it.
Just wanted to say thanks for all your work and help, my LFS server is up and running with 0 problems, Come get some!!!
CPR's X-Racing Pit -n- Crash
Quote from jolzen :----EVENT----
If exist file --> [Airio.cfg.nc.txt]
then FAQ/Notes/Rules buttons doesn't work.
----To solve----
1. Rename Airio.cfg.nc.txt
2. Include items to Airio.cfg.txt

Newer Airio versions support FAQ/Notes/Rules button definitions only in Airio.cfg.txt file.

Quote from jolzen :I separeted file to Airio.cfg.nc.txt many Curse word.
This is my mistake. ... ...

Sorry, I do not understand this about curse words. Do you have some problem? It is not clear if you're asking something or reporting some bug or yet something else.

Quote from CPRman :Just wanted to say thanks for all your work and help, my LFS server is up and running with 0 problems ...

Ahh, that's very nice to hear.
Airio have many great features and i have new that u could consider or not. If its possible to add some online tracker for people to apply to some events like CUP or Race weekends or something more serious. for admin side to configure date, cars, max players and minimum lfs world PB or server pb. For players to apply to that events.

I dont think that this is to hard for someone like U

best regards
DuleXY (SHDTeam)
Quote from DuleXY :I dont think that this is to hard for someone like U

LOL, thanks for your trust.

My initial and very rough idea would be to use an external file(s) for this. In that file you'll specify the parameters required/gathered plus other info. One or two new Airio commands will allow people to see the available cups+info and to sign in/out. This will change the original text file, adding new record or removing an old one. It will be up to some Web scripts (which I cannot provide) to process the text file and display e.g. current subscriptions on a Web page. Then probably also the option to limit certain server only to subscribed drivers would be nice to have.

You need to see however this is not a matter of 60 minutes to implement. It would require a day or two and I currently cannot devote even a single hour to this matter. Maybe in one month in may be available, but it will almost surely be limited to FULL version only. Sorry for this delay, but I can't help it.
Hi EQ,

Long time away for me, have had and still got real life issues going on, I'm glad to see i left the [AA] servers in good hands, You, Boost and many others, I'm hoping to get back some time in the near future and check out all your new work but untill then kep up the fantastic work your doing.

P.S.

I hope you still get time to race on the servers whilst doing all this work on AIRIO

Still in the pits
Punchy.
@ Punchy : So nice to hear from you. I'm always looking forward to the moment when a virtual person becomes real again, getting into some car.

@ Finns : OK, I'll correct that, but note this message is not present in newer Airio versions anyway.
bug report
hallo,

im not sure, if that was reported/fixed already (not spotted in changelog).
i was spectated durning race on [sr] server - twice message "YOU MUST DRIVE OR..." then spectated in 100kph+ speed :-/
probably bug in missmatched id assign?
airio 2.2.0
Quote from [d9] :hallo,

im not sure, if that was reported/fixed already (not spotted in changelog).
i was spectated durning race on [sr] server - twice message "YOU MUST DRIVE OR..." then spectated in 100kph+ speed :-/
probably bug in missmatched id assign?
airio 2.2.0

wouldn't it be better to take that up with SR first?
Was it a spectating for idling? If so, yes, it may happen. It is no bug in Airio, any mismatched IDs would be discovered long ago, too many things depend on absolutely correct internal connections and drivers management.

It happens occassionally when you have a lag or something. The server reports you as joining, but it never sees you moving. Also for other drivers you look on the map like you're still in pits, your triangle not moving. I'm not sure if anyone can in fact see your car moving, but I doubt that. So, server does not see you moving, nobody else sees you moving, and Airio cannot see you moving as well, so it will (in race) spectate you for idling after a while.

There's really nothing I can do about it, call it a LFS bug caused by some lag of incorrect info or something of the sort. I've seen a guy having this problem repeatedly. I suggest you try to reconnect if this happens, or restart router or such, anything to put your connection in a bit different state. Also restarting your LFS may help, because it is really caused by wrong communication of your LFS instance with the server.
I have some problems with the Language files:

In German we have characters like: ä,ö,ü and ß. But they are not displayed properly...

Any clue?
If you have updates the language file make sure it is saved as UFT-encoded file (UTF-8 preferred) and not as ASCII file. Airio will convert to LFS codes correctly only UTF-encoded strings. Just open it, save as UTF-8 and type !rld in Airio. That should solve your troubles (hopefully).
Hmm... will try that, thank you!

But I downloaded the language files from airio.eu and just uploaded them untouched to our server...

I also have another question:

Is there a config file with already defined areas to prevent racers cutting? BL1 is pre-definded in the basic config file, but a config for all other tracks would be nice too.
Hmmm, the file should be OK in the language pack, saved as UTF-8. I currently do not know what else could be causing your troubles. Many people use language files with yet stranger characters than German language uses and I've heard of no troubles so far.

About the restricted (spectating) and limited (ignoring that lap) zones: Certainly it is possible to define those for every track (or even specific track/car combinations). Drive to one end of such a zone, type !loca, read the X and Y numbers. Drive to opposite end, type it again. Calculate center and radius of the circular zone, enter it at the appropriate place in Airio.tcd.txt file.

It is just sort of manual work, but you need to make sure by experiments the zones are correctly places. By default they are included only for demo tracks because layouts (tyres, barriers) are not possible there. I have no zones for other tracks available, never needed those. But especially limited zones may be useful there, because you can cut in emergency without crashing and Airio will just ignore your lap time. They are good way to have stats free of cutting lap times...
working on a config and i think i broke it.

(latest version - 2.2.2)

09.05.17 02:33:56 #1 Requesting Connections...
09.05.17 02:33:56 #1 Creating player : bunbun
09.05.17 02:33:56 #1 AIR ERROR: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.GetWRLap(String track, String car, Single per) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Webs.cs:line 210
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.NewConnection_Handler(Connection sender, NewConnection c) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Inits.cs:line 382
09.05.17 02:33:58 #1 Requesting Players...
09.05.17 02:34:01 #1 State, connections, players read...
09.05.17 02:34:01 #1 Buttons created...
09.05.17 02:34:01 #1 Reading track data...
09.05.17 02:34:01 #1 Current track : AU1 - L:0 SF:0 S1:0 S2:0 S3:0
09.05.17 02:34:01 #1 Race starting...
09.05.17 02:34:01 #1 AIR ERROR: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.GetWRLap(String track, String car, Single per) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Webs.cs:line 210
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.RaceStart_Handler(Connection sender, RaceStart r) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Inits.cs:line 174

any ideas? thanks
My guess would be incorrect definition of some custom car. Default Airio setting in TCD file:

CustomCars=FX2|FXR,23,0 XR2|XRR,25,0 FZ2|FZR,20,0

Care to post here your own if different from default?
actually, i wiped that entry out... the server i'm building it for doesn't use custom setups...

thanks
Aahh, right, looks like an ommission on my part, not taking into account the string may be empty. For now please use the default line, I'll correct the code in next release...

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG