The online racing simulator
Quote from aroX123 :Weather forecast:

Friday - Cloudy skies (Ok.)
Saturday - Showers (GREAT.)
Sunday - Cloudy with drizzle (Good.)

Is this correct or is it any other pages that can show?

When doing research, always look at primary sources first, followed by reputable secondary sources.

Primary sources:
Shanghai Meteorological Bureau: http://www.smb.gov.cn/PortalQXJ/english/WeatherForecast.aspx
China Meteorological Administration: http://www.cma.gov.cn/english/forecast_gn.php

Reputable secondary sources:
Accuweather: http://www.accuweather.com/wor ... 024|SHANGHAI&metric=1
BBC Weather: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1713

In conclusion:
Friday - Sunny
Saturday - Cloudy but no rain
Sunday - Cloudy during the day with possibility of heavy rain at night, and windy.
Purrr-fect

edit: McL's team radio sounded so very enthusiastic.. lol.
Quote from tristancliffe :If only the double decker diffuers were as simple as an extra hole on the trailing edge. Instead it'll need a slot in the floor around the reference and step planes, changes to the front wing, under-nose, barge boards, coke bottle, engine cover, rear wing elements, sidepods etc.

And it'll still be slow

Hamilton tops Free practise 1! Maybe not that slow after all! probs on fumes though but a vast improvement on previous races... potentially
Finally, mclaren is at the top again
Once again, the inimitable Mr. Cliffe is showing his ugly jealous side. No worries son, just put a few more thousand laps in, and maybe you can get to race in GP2 aswell :P
Yes, I'm jealous. Or at least I was until I was about 14.

Funny how Hamilton topped the time sheets, but is back down to 13th in P2. Let's see how slow they are. Have you seen their diffuser on the Autosport gallery? It looks like I made it. Clearly a rush job, probably done at the circuit.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, I'm jealous. Or at least I was until I was about 14.

But you're only 15 now! :P

Quote from tristancliffe :Funny how Hamilton topped the time sheets, but is back down to 13th in P2. Let's see how slow they are.

Aye, it is strange that. The McLaren was there in P1, but miles off in P2. I would imagine that because this is their first opportunity to run with it, they were trying something different and it didn't work. Yes, the other teams were faster in P2, but there's no reason to think that the McLaren couldn't do the same unless something was adjusted.

Quote from tristancliffe :Have you seen their diffuser on the Autosport gallery? It looks like I made it. Clearly a rush job, probably done at the circuit.

Of course it's a rush job. Why would they throw a load of money at a part that they might not legally be able to use? Makes business sense to wait for the ruling before throwing money at it. They only been able test it's aero abilities on a simulator, so I would imagine that they've gone for a semi-calculated "safe bet".
All the teams will have spent time and money on the fancy diffusers - business sense is very rarely consulted in F1!
Quote from tristancliffe :...allow me to put my experience of single seaters. I have, in my car, less power, less downforce, smaller tyres and less skill. But if the rain is flooding the track to depths of several centimeters there is no way you can race. It doesn't take that much water until a car weighing half a tonne simply aquaplanes. And when that happens you can't accelerate, brake or steer - you continue in more or less a straight line at the speed you were going.

Well I have driven a single seater in torrential conditions, with less power, less downforce, and probably smaller tyres than Tristan, but no comment on the skill i've seen his onboard videos :P

The thing that struck me, and this wont be a problem for F1 drivers, was a wall of water everytime I turned my front wheels. The amount of spray my own tyres hit me with was like being punched by Frank Bruno on PMT.

Visibility was a massive issue even without being behind another car, what you see with onboard cameras is amazing compared to what you see behind the misted up visor streaming with blurry raindrops. So take Frank Bruno and his PMT hitting you and remove all sense of vision.

You can see a little bit sideways, and you start looking for braking points by recognising patterns in the grass at the side of the track. You know when it is time to brake by "feel", which is a combination of circuit elevation, engine revs, timing, a small anthill 30 degrees left of centre and 5 metres away from the side of the track, and an aweful lot of guesswork.

Braking becomes an act of hope, accelerating is a leap of faith. Spotting other cars a matter of listening and guesswork as to the density of the spray around you, and changing the cars direction sucessfully a decision as random as a dice roll.

It is one of the most exhilirating experiences it is possible to experience, and any F1 driver calling for the race to be stopped is a pansy.

Sure it's unsafe, that's what is such a rush about it! I meen helloes! Seriously, why would anyone get into F1 if they didn't live off adrenaline like that?
Steady on, just because Hamster tops one practice doesn't mean he's making a storming return to form.

By the end of qualifying, we will see.

2nd practice, Hamiltons now 13th, and Buttons fastest, ha ha!
Don't read anything into the practice times. Qualifying is when the hammer falls.
No, I expect you're right. I expect that everyone drove slowly in P1, to allow Hamilton to top out

As for "Practice means nothing" - people said "pre-season testing means nothing", and actually it meant everything

I'm not saying that McLaren are going to stick a car on pole, but it's undeniable that they've obviously made a good step up.
I see Ferrari are still doing well

Quote from J@tko :I see Ferrari are still doing well

Nah...Pip's just scared of a mouse he saw running through the garage.
The same mouse going thru the other Ferrari stall? Or is this th reaction to Felipes look on his face?

No, that is the mouse.
Oh the excitement - will Ferrari score a single point this weekend!

EDIT: 5Haz, Could you please change my fapping altar quote. It gives me urges every time I see it and based on the pain on my dick - you post too much.
Quote from spankmeyer :Oh the excitement - will Ferrari score a single point this weekend!

EDIT: 5Haz, Could you please change my fapping altar quote. It gives me urges every time I see it and based on the pain on my dick - you post too much.

Spanky jesus you crack me up every time.... hahaha
Quote from Becky Rose :Well I have driven a single seater in torrential conditions, with less power, less downforce, and probably smaller tyres than Tristan, but no comment on the skill i've seen his onboard videos :P

The thing that struck me, and this wont be a problem for F1 drivers, was a wall of water everytime I turned my front wheels. The amount of spray my own tyres hit me with was like being punched by Frank Bruno on PMT.

Visibility was a massive issue even without being behind another car, what you see with onboard cameras is amazing compared to what you see behind the misted up visor streaming with blurry raindrops. So take Frank Bruno and his PMT hitting you and remove all sense of vision.

You can see a little bit sideways, and you start looking for braking points by recognising patterns in the grass at the side of the track. You know when it is time to brake by "feel", which is a combination of circuit elevation, engine revs, timing, a small anthill 30 degrees left of centre and 5 metres away from the side of the track, and an aweful lot of guesswork.

Braking becomes an act of hope, accelerating is a leap of faith. Spotting other cars a matter of listening and guesswork as to the density of the spray around you, and changing the cars direction sucessfully a decision as random as a dice roll.

It is one of the most exhilirating experiences it is possible to experience, and any F1 driver calling for the race to be stopped is a pansy.

Sure it's unsafe, that's what is such a rush about it! I meen helloes! Seriously, why would anyone get into F1 if they didn't live off adrenaline like that?

i suspect a lot of it goes back to didier pironi's F1 career ending crash in germany when he crashed into prosts car because he couldn't see it. certainly it changed prost from being a driver who in lower levels had revelled in wet races to one who intensly disliked them, as he once said he likes going sideways in slippy conditions but hates not being able to see. at the time f1 was in mourning for villeneuve and to a lesser extent paletti (in a similar type of incident ) and to loose the driver who was favourite for the championship was in a lot of ways the final straw. also senna's accident in australia when the recognised rain master crashed into the back of another car on the straight because of the lack of visability once again added preasure.
Quote from hyntty :The same mouse going thru the other Ferrari stall? Or is this th reaction to Felipes look on his face?

im guessing brain freeze
Quote from dawguk :But you're only 15 now! :P

Aye, it is strange that. The McLaren was there in P1, but miles off in P2. I would imagine that because this is their first opportunity to run with it, they were trying something different and it didn't work. Yes, the other teams were faster in P2, but there's no reason to think that the McLaren couldn't do the same unless something was adjusted.

Of course it's a rush job. Why would they throw a load of money at a part that they might not legally be able to use? Makes business sense to wait for the ruling before throwing money at it. They only been able test it's aero abilities on a simulator, so I would imagine that they've gone for a semi-calculated "safe bet".

Hamiltons practise 1 time is 1.8 seconds slower then Buttons Practise 2 time.

In practise 2 they actually went faster then the first session so i doubt it ment anything.
Alonso on P2. ha :o
Waiting to see the weights, but Red Bull and especially Vettel was impressive. I think he only made one fast lap both in Q2 and Q3, takes some nerves.

Formula 1 2009 Chinese GP
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG