The online racing simulator
Sonicrealms Racing info thread
(310 posts, started )
Sonicrealms Racing

Sonicrealms Racing was founded in October 2002, with roots that date back to 1983, with a group of friends & brothers on the Commodore 64 and then the Amiga 500. Even then, we all had an interest in SIM Racing, from Pitstop, Lotus Turbo Esprit, Indy 500, Grand Prix Legends and anything else that came along. Then the day came when LFS was first released, and the first to discover LFS were KayJay & Mark, only 1 month after public release, racing the GTi's around Blackwood and having a great time. Soon after S1 came out. Then Christmas brought the MRT to LFS and it was the car to drive and provided LFS's first Open Wheel experience.

Since these exciting days of a small and close community, LFS has expanded into the fantastic online and popular experience that we all enjoy and love, and SR had also decided to follow the trend and opened it's doors to other racers from 2007. Since then we have created a community within SR. Hopefully now we have built up a great team to race with and against, just like the old days, as in a way, the old community was one big team, with everyone sharing sets and helping each other and enjoying the battles that took place.

2008 saw SR take a real step forward, and after finding some great drivers, we started to have a team which enabled us to start competing in serious leagues. Since then our aim has been to improve ourselves to make Sonicrealms Racing a big player in Leagues and have a positive influence on the community as a whole. We have been working hard to achieve this goal and have brought on some fantastic drivers and made alot of friends along the way.

At the start of 2009, the teams line-up has never been stronger, and we look forward to taking part in our second season of Masters of Endurance and continued success in the Open Wheel Racing League & IGTC.

We have never forgotten where we came from at the very beginning of LFS, and we know where we want to get to, and the people who share our philosophy of clean fair racing are always welcome to race with us, always as friends, but maybe as foes also, when battling for that first position or those team points.

You can communicate with us in several ways apart from our website -

The Sonicrealms Racing Teamspeak (3.0) channel is located here:

Host ip: 84.45.52.142
Port: 10001

------------------------------
Follow us on twitter here - http://twitter.com/Sonicrealms_LFS
Follow us on Facebook here - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40587969236&ref=ts
The Sonicrealms Racing IRC channel is #sonicrealms on GameSurge. Direct link: irc://irc.gamesurge.net/sonicrealms

We have updated our website now!

Some website features are below
  1. Updated team stats page, which now has a more graphical look, click the bars to sort by that stat
  2. Compare pb page - Add your lfs username and compare yourself to the team and the WR on any combo
  3. Music Page - Tunes written by the founders, hence the name Sonicrealms
  4. C64 SID Player - Classic Tunes from the C64
  5. Updated Gallery and Movie Area
  6. Software review section, with some fantastic hires screenshots
[SR] Kayjay has been working incredibly hard to put our ideas into the site, and we think he has done a great job

Sonicrealms Racing's line-up looks like this:

ACTIVE TEAM:
Team No. Team Name Nationality Real Name
1 [SR] Mark / ferret Wales Mark Matthews
2 [SR] KayJay / kayjay Wales Kenneth Oaten
3 [SR] Tongey / tongey Wales Christian Tonge
4 [SR] Turkey / jasonmatthews Wales Jason Matthews
8 [SR] Aragorth / aragorth Poland Krzysztof Łazowski
10 [SR] MistaTea / evilpimp Canada Taha El Alaoui
11 [SR] Rudolf / rudolfa Holland Rudolf Rood
13 [SR] Velo / velo wringer Holland Don van Basten
14 [SR] Monty / james montgomery Jersey James Montgomery
15 [SR] agent_k / agent_k Germany Karl Sladek
18 [SR] J. Lovett / jasonl220 England Jason Lovett
19 [SR] Junkan / junkan Sweden Johannes Mäkelä
25 [SR] Travy / travyd Australia Travis D'Souza
27 [SR] NickC / nickc Holland Nick Catsburg
29 [SR] Fuel / fuel filter USA Eric Johnson
30 [SR] Unipro / flaaten Norway Terje Flåten
31 [SR] IceMan / iceman31x USA Mike Morris
32 [SR] Neil / Neilser Ireland Neil Conway
33 [SR] Pete / peterules England Peter Hopkins
36 [SR] Howie / riddim Germany Christopher Felder
37 [SR] Gerdoner / gerdoner Germany Christian Zörner
39 [SR] Arrechee / arrechee Spain Jon Tanko
40 [SR] Joku123 / Joku123 Finland Sampsa Jurvansuu
42 [SR] DUi / idui Sweden Igor Goloubtchik
46 [SR] Storm_Cloud / storm_cloud England Dave Southword
48 [SR] Gasser / minimaxman England Alex Gassman
55 [SR] Ian.C / shazbot USA Ian Crow
60 [SR] T.Østgaard / Tomhah Norway Tommy Østgaard
66 [SR] D O C / the doctor Bavaria Martin Meier
88 [SR] flix / f!nal Germany Felix Hillen
90 [SR] Andy / andy2004uk90 England Andy Brunton
91 [SR] Feuerdrache / Feuerdrache Germany Sascha Riegler
98 [SR] Putz / putzbr! Brazil Guilherme Ribeiro
99 [SR] Badseed / badseed247 England Simon Fleming
100 [SR] Tanakan / Tanakan France Ghislain Orekan
191 [SR] A.Jonaitis / ennD Latvia Arturs Jonaitis
367 [SR] bLb / blb France Boris Mignien
666 [SR] zeugnimod / zeugnimod Germany Patrik Seidler

iRACING:
21 [SR] mjk21 / mjk21 USA Mike Knapp
24 [SR] slaWter / slawter Switzerland Thomas Nanzer
224 [SR] Lemans224 / lemans00224 USA James Nance

INACTIVES:

0 [SR] Faraday / darktimes Scotland Alex McBride
6 [SR] Paul / [sr] pablo Wales Paul Matthews
20 [SR] Weed / weed England Ian Cozier
23 [SR] Chriskart / chriskart Norway Christian Krognes
54 [SR] Kristján / kekkart Iceland Kristján Einar Kristjánsson
88 [SR] Element / dselement England Jack Taylerson
111 [SR] Becky Rose / becky rose Wales Becky Rose

TRIAL:
Marc Lopez, Marc93
Yay, another new team! Good luck for the future guys.

Yeah, I know this team is 6 years old
#3 - Gil07
6 years old?? Never heard of them...
Ouch 2002 .. Well done lads, gl in the future
#5 - Foqs
Nice post Turkey. Always cool to race with you, SR guys.
Good luck for another 6 years.
Nice, keep it up Turkey
Very nice thread. I hope you my best for the future.
g'luck lads
#9 - Nobo
Hey guys good luck for your future way. Its always been fun racing with you. Great team and good new FOX server.
GO GO SR!

(everyone besides Gil cause he forced me to do this. I will now continue to feed his horses.)
Nice one guys, good luck for the future.
SR = Legendary
Nice post Jason, yup you have a strong solid team there. Well done and good luck in the future.
Thanks for your kinds comment everyone

We are in the process of updating our website so we should have some more news on that front soon.

I would also like to point out a few features of our site if I may..
  1. New FOX & GTi Championship pages
  2. Updated team stats page, which now has a more graphical look, click the bars to sort by that stat
  3. Compare pb page - Add your lfs username and compare yourself to the team and the WR on any combo
  4. Music Page - Tunes written by the founders, hence the name Sonicrealms
  5. Updated Gallery and Movie Area
  6. Software review section, with some fantastic hires screenshots
[SR] Kayjay has been working incredibly hard to put our ideas into the site, and we think he has done a great job
VIVA SR

I am proud to be part of SR
Sonicrealms Racing is proud to announce the signing of two drivers who will hopefully lead us to success in the biggest leagues in LFS.

We are delighted to announce these new faces in Sonicrealms Racing, who we believe can push the team on, and move us up to the front of team competitions, as well as strengthening our position in other events and leagues.

Our first new driver is Christian Krognes (Chriskart). Christian is a Norwegian, who is extremely experienced in Live for Speed, and will contribute speed, ethics as well as being a nice guy. He will be known as [SR] Chriskart in the future. We welcome him to our team, and hope he enjoys his stay with us.

Christian: "I can say that I am truly excited to join Sonicrealms Racing! I have had a great time within F1RST, and would like to thank them all for three terrific seasons. However, new challenges await within Sonicrealms Racing, and I am eager to work for great results, and push the team as high as I can!"

Christian Krognes - LFS Community Most Sportsmanlike Driver of the Year 2007

Sonicrealms Racing’s second new driver is the Dutchman Rudy van Buren. Rudy is a very fast driver who brings a considerable knowledge of Live for Speed. Rudy was voted “Driver of the Year 2008” in the LFS Community Awards. Rudy will be known as [SR] Roedii. We also hope Rudy enjoys his stay with our team.

Rudy: "I think this is a fantastic challenge for Christian and I. We had an awesome time at F1RST, but we were both looking for a new challenge. The goal is helping Sonicrealms Racing take the next step, and getting to the top!"

Rudy van Buren - LFS Community Driver of the Year 2008
Congrats guys.
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra
-
(boothy) DELETED by boothy
grats guys! good luck
THIS IS MASSIVE NEWS I ALMOST FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!!!! EPIC GO GUYS well done lads im sure SR will take massive steps.. watch out world SR ARE FLYING
Welcome guys, hope you'll enjoy your time with us and that we can have many successes
Good luck lads!
Welcome to the team guys. I hope you have a great time
Welcome to the team hope you enjoy yourselves.
Wow! Congrats to SR and to Chris and Rudy. Good luck in this new and exciting challenge for all involved!
:eek: Gratz dudeys!

Sonicrealms Racing info thread
(310 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG