The online racing simulator
Car not really related to lfs but upgraded to max 2010 and wanted to finish my studio scene although the rear light texture needs a proper finish
Attached images
skun1i.png
skun2.png
Quote from anik360 :Car not really related to lfs but upgraded to max 2010 and wanted to finish my studio scene although the rear light texture needs a proper finish

As I sayd in msn the reflections look really toony.
avoid using direct lighting planes for lighting.

in real life studio shooting, lights are shot into white canvas which will create an area light with soft scattering effect, so a better way of doing studio lighting is to set area lights that shots AWAY from the object, and rely on the reflected light from the wall to lit the scene, the result is much smoother and more natural.

lighting planes are only good when you need a solid highlight area, which is not suitble in all scenes.
Quote from JJ72 :avoid using direct lighting planes for lighting.

in real life studio shooting, lights are shot into white canvas which will create an area light with soft scattering effect, so a better way of doing studio lighting is to set area lights that shots AWAY from the object, and rely on the reflected light from the wall to lit the scene, the result is much smoother and more natural.

lighting planes are only good when you need a solid highlight area, which is not suitble in all scenes.

yes but you can found physical lights and cameras in max, what can repruduce the same thing, the only thing is what you need then is turning on the Global Illumination or the Final Gather
Quote from tikshow :yes but you can found physical lights and cameras in max, what can repruduce the same thing, the only thing is what you need then is turning on the Global Illumination or the Final Gather

Global Illumination

Physical lights in Max are ment for Mental-ray with proper scene size (car that is 4m long should be scaled to that size for better results). I'm not too sure how well they work with 3rd party renderers.
Hello. Here is my WIP Rally XRG . It's just the begining of the modifications.

P.S.: XRG Dirt skin needed . If you own one, share it with me. Thanks

-
(Nadeo4441) DELETED by Nadeo4441
Just to kill the boredom. Old vs New
Attached images
xrt.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :Just to kill the boredom. Old vs New

The rims on the 2nd XRT look weird, like they are deformed or dunno. Maybe it's just me. The skins are cool, btw.
Yeah, it looks kinda weird. I think there are 2 rims, I'll check now. Thanks, i've put alot of time on them
Bennetton B189/191 (FBM) render

1280x1024
Quote from Bose321 :Just to kill the boredom. Old vs New

I I find that you would have little etre of to put 2 memes seats inside it makes défaults

sorry my bad english
Quote from cayenne 49 :I I find that you would have little etre of to put 2 memes seats inside it makes défaults

sorry my bad english

I tried to translate it a bit, You mean there is no point in 2 different seats? If so, I have made a XRT with 2 sport seats, but I can not find it anymore
ok
Floor bump map in wrong direction?
Here's my first attempt on rendering my RalliArt-Skin.

Attached images
Render 3.jpg
Quote from gt.d :Here's my first attempt on rendering my RalliArt-Skin.

You must mork more at lightning, quality, materials, textures, ...
First ever try

[attachment]
Attached images
Xzinum_Star_002.jpg
Here it is with fixed rims and two identical seats. I will change the rim material soon, because I don't like chrom on this scene.
Attached images
XRT.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :Here it is with fixed rims and two identical seats. I will change the rim material soon, because I don't like chrom on this scene.

Your front rim looks like it has positive camber and it looks bad.
It has no camber. I forgot to add some, meh.
Negative camber makes or breaks the render.
Also keep in mind that most cars also have some caster and how it affects wheels.

To get a good results with chrome, you really need to pay extra attention to your scene and environment. Your wheels appear bit dark, probably due to black sky.

It's decent looking scene, only thing that kinda ruins it is that fake fuel filler cap
Quote from Crommi :Scene and lighting first, materials after that

ok, so i tested it agin

(changed the metallic material to gloss too.)

edit: i should modell the other side too imo
Attached images
vw sciroco with new materials.png

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG