The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Had a few dramas already. Over filled the oil so it call came pissing back out after a ride. Then when i was leaving my mates place i was going down his gravel driveway which is quite steep and i grabbed the front brake which locked and put the bike down. Was probably going about 2km/h so no damage done just took a small amount of paint off part of the rear fairing.
Old Skool Cool
Quote from sil3ntwar :Had a few dramas already. Over filled the oil so it call came pissing back out after a ride. Then when i was leaving my mates place i was going down his gravel driveway which is quite steep and i grabbed the front brake which locked and put the bike down. Was probably going about 2km/h so no damage done just took a small amount of paint off part of the rear fairing.

Hahah, welcome to the bikecrash club.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Had a few dramas already. Over filled the oil so it call came pissing back out after a ride. Then when i was leaving my mates place i was going down his gravel driveway which is quite steep and i grabbed the front brake which locked and put the bike down. Was probably going about 2km/h so no damage done just took a small amount of paint off part of the rear fairing.

You're only supposed to fill it halfway up the sight glass with the bike upright and balanced, not on the kickstand. Chances are it'll look empty when resting on the kickstand.

On a low grip surface like that, the rear brake is often a better choice to avoid locking the front. On pavement, get used to the front brake. On the track, I only use the front, as do many others.
Yep im learning things the hard way. The glass did look empty on the kickstand. Didnt think about putting it on the centerstand as i have never used it. Oh well hopefully no damage done by doing that!

I panicked a bit coming down the driveway. I was heading towards a bush and the thick gloves i have dont give much feeling. Lucky my mates had just driven away and no one saw it
Well at least you crashed a banger bike (no offense meant), instead of some of these rich kids that buy a K8 Gixer 600 and slide it down the road pulling out of the dealer.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well at least you crashed a banger bike (no offense meant), instead of some of these rich kids that buy a K8 Gixer 600 and slide it down the road pulling out of the dealer.

well exactly. Over here the new bikes to have for Learners are the Ninja 250R (mines a ninja 250 as well just slightly older :razz and the Hyosung GT250R. Both are fairly expensive and have lots of plastic to break. My bike was well under a third of the price of one of those new bikes and is much better suited to someone whos going to drop it.
Yep word is that it still had some stuff on the tyres (that apparently new tyres have) that takes a few miles of riding to come off. Feel sorry for the guy because he wasn't exactly riding like an idiot.
I had one of these a few years ago, not on the road tho, as it had no tax or MOT, no faring, no chain guard, no engine cover (magneto spinning next to your foot! :schwitz no lights, no seat covering, (just wet foam) no front footpegs, only the back brake worked, and you had to ride it with the fuel pump set to the reserve position or else it wouldnt run. Oh yeah, the engine also used to seize up quite frequently, but after filling the bore with diesel and leaving it for about a week it would un-seize, and was good for a good few weekends razzing up and down droves and farm tracks and around fields before it would seize up again.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I had one of these a few years ago, not on the road tho, as it had no tax or MOT, no faring, no chain guard, no engine cover (magneto spinning next to your foot! :schwitz no lights, no seat covering, (just wet foam) no front footpegs, only the back brake worked, and you had to ride it with the fuel pump set to the reserve position or else it wouldnt run. Oh yeah, the engine also used to seize up quite frequently, but after filling the bore with diesel and leaving it for about a week it would un-seize, and was good for a good few weekends razzing up and down droves and farm tracks and around fields before it would seize up again.

Haha, that's the second bike I learned to ride too Was great fun while it lasted, they're amazingly durable. I remember having it when I was really small, it was my Dad's spare bike when his proper one wouldn't start. I can't remember any maintenance ever being done to it since then, apart from grasstrack-prepping it. I think I seized mine by trying to jump a pond. Don't do it kids, engines do not like water. At least put a ramp before it when trying anyway

Attached some pics of myself and my Dad's mountain climbing last weekend. I've had the bike a few years now, but I haven't posted it in here yet (Mine's the overheating one, without the seized master cylinder )
Attached images
17032009195.jpg
17032009196.jpg
17032009197.jpg
17032009198.jpg
17032009200.jpg
17032009202.jpg
17032009203.jpg
17032009204.jpg
That's a very nice sky.. :jawdrop:
I took it just for you Jamie
Your arse is quite nice as well.
Or is it your dads? /facepalm
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Your arse is quite nice as well.
Or is it your dads? /facepalm

QFT. That's my Dad
Quote from sil3ntwar :Yep word is that it still had some stuff on the tyres (that apparently new tyres have) that takes a few miles of riding to come off. Feel sorry for the guy because he wasn't exactly riding like an idiot.

I don't know how much tire mold release agent they use on new tires these days nor how much it really affects grip. I tend to think the idea that new tires need to be scrubbed in gradually is a bit old fashioned, possibly even grounds for a lawsuit.

Case in point: I was doing this on a cool (~50-55F) October morning after 2 or 3 laps on brand new Bridgestone BT45's (110/90/16 front, 130/90/16 rear), which are bias-ply construction (not radial), and classified as sport-touring tires. I know this photo was taken during my first session (~7 laps) because I still have the neck warmer on there which I took off after I got back to the pits. My tire was completely scrubbed in from edge to edge after that first session, too. Those 7 laps come to about 11-12 miles on that track.
Nice man looks like your having fun!

My mate dropped my bike so i haven't been able to ride it for 2 weeks Getting the fairing back from the plastic welder today just need to sort out the forks next.
That's my #1 rule: I don't ride another person's bike, and no one else rides mine.

Of course, it seems that making a bike mine means crashing it. All three of my bikes got crashed in some form or another the first time I rode them.
Hmm pretty nice Forbs! Although I prefer the Star Wars white leathers personally

Can't wait to get myself my new set of leathers and scuff in those sliders on a trackday in the near future.
here's mine...

the GSX-R is currently undergoing a complete tear down and rebuild....TURBO...should be fun to drive...umm i mean ride..(sry kinda sleepy :P ) after.

sorry ...no pic of the other two...they are currently in storage until the snow goes away

honda CR 80 (nephews favorite...funny because he's 5 years old)

and a Honda CRF 150R (girlfriends favorite)
Attached images
motox.jpg
Suzuki.jpg
Quote from simulation :the GSX-R is currently undergoing a complete tear down and rebuild....TURBO...should be fun to drive after.

RIDE, you RIDE a bike, not drive it, pfffff
Yes, riders ride bikes. But squids just wrap their tentacles around the throttle and go, "LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!"
Quote from simulation :
the GSX-R is currently undergoing a complete tear down and rebuild....TURBO...

Yesterday i had the chance to ride a Harley with a 1800ccm S&S engine and a turbo. 360kg, 150rwhp, torque right from the bottom rpms, boost build up above 2k. It's hard to describe how it feels really...

When opening the throttle in 2nd gear, the front wheel felt like it was about to catch some air, and the rear wheel almost started spinning. It was mental!

Now mine feels like a moped... i need a turbo.
I ride with about 25rwhp. Can't imagine taking 150 HP and throwing a turbo on it

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG