The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from richard dk :
Sry if you has seen so much nagging, i have not heard it from anybody else than you

Rubbish! Every time you get an incident (even a 0x) you get a nag.

My brother is on 4.99 SR but he still cant stand the fact that it nags you every time you have an incident.

I totally agree with Doorman... iRacing just needs to tell you after the session how many incident points you had...not during a session.

There's nothing more annoying than having a green nag flash up in the middle of a race when your trying to concentrate. ffs, you know when you've put a wheel off the track or made contact with someone. you don't need iRacing telling you off for it just to rub it in. All the SR stuff could easily be reported to you when the session is over.
Quote from bbman :Just to be clear, I got a 0x (and it shows only the one incident I had after in the results), this was just the damage I took from this slightest of bumps...

Another example: Being frustrated with crashing while testing, I positioned my "Slowstice" () against a wall and let it rip... The car wiggled a bit, resulting in getting more damage on both front corners! WTF?!

Yeah, unfortunately, that's also part of the sometimes erratic behaviour, that a 0x can give you a heavily damaged car, while you sometimes can get a 4x and merrily drive on.

But those are generally rare occurences in my experience. For the most part the racing has been unobstructed by it for me. But, yes, it would be nice if incident count and car damage would be somewhat congruent at least.
Quote from The Moose :you don't need iRacing telling you off for it just to rub it in. All the SR stuff could easily be reported to you when the session is over.

That's a matter of preference, though. I for one like iRacing to tell me my incidents while I'm racing. I think it actually serves more of an educational purpose to do it that way, because you can immediately react to it and adjust your driving. That's especially important for Ovals, imho, with the possibility of bump-drafting etc. But it's also helpful in RCs to immediately know whether a contact was still acceptable and you don't have to worry about it or too hard so that you should back off a little more.

Of course, this only works well if the system is not moody but consistent in the way it dishes out incidents. Sadly, this doesn't always seem to be the case, although, again, I never really had a problem with it.
Quote from The Moose :Rubbish! Every time you get an incident (even a 0x) you get a nag.

My brother is on 4.99 SR but he still cant stand the fact that it nags you every time you have an incident.

I totally agree with Doorman... iRacing just needs to tell you after the session how many incident points you had...not during a session.

There's nothing more annoying than having a green nag flash up in the middle of a race when your trying to concentrate. ffs, you know when you've put a wheel off the track or made contact with someone. you don't need iRacing telling you off for it just to rub it in. All the SR stuff could easily be reported to you when the session is over.

Agree with ya mate but..................

I agree it would be a great option but I have done a search AND have not seen anyone here make it as a suggestion in the feedback forum so that is an option you can choose on. I know after much criticism for voice chat in race, they changed that so you could deselect it in a race.

Less nag and maybe a suggestion in the feedback forum
I love the green information.
If not, I would have made a suggestion in the members forum to see if it could be an optional thing you could say yes or no to, like the Voice chat during the race..

And it`s not about putting a wheel of, but half of your car..
Quote from The Moose :Rubbish! Every time you get an incident (even a 0x) you get a nag.

I don`t see them very often....i`m a clean driver.. My average Inc. is on 2.4xx in road..

And even i gets some Inc. in oval I really don`t see the green messages most of the times, because i`m fighting saving my car, looking after my competitors and so on, when thats done the green message are gone..
There's no arguing with them once iRacing has got them under its spell. iRacing is perfect, end of story.
Quote from Doorman :There's no arguing with them once iRacing has got them under its spell. iRacing is perfect, end of story.

not perfect Ron..... It's got loads wrong with it but they do a lot to keep momentum of fixing and adding!

We've ascertained it's just not for you... moving on
Quote from Doorman :There's no arguing with them once iRacing has got them under its spell. iRacing is perfect, end of story.

I never said iRacing was perfect and I never said LFS is perfect! Nothing is perfect. Iracing has some bad things, LFS has bad things as well..
But why bother with the bad things? Can I play iRacing? Yes. Can I play LFS? Yes. Things will improve in both games.
Isn't the green messages 'nagging' you a good thing? I mean come on, you made a mistake, and you complain about it rubbing it in? I know you are old guys, (:razz so act like it.

I see the message, I get mad, but then I realize how stupid I (ME!) was to do it in the first place. And sooner or later I don't get anymore.

Don't blame the system for showing you what you did wrong, blame yourself for doing 'the' wrong.
Quote from PMD9409 :Isn't the green messages 'nagging' you a good thing? I mean come on, you made a mistake, and you complain about it rubbing it in? I know you are old guys, (:razz so act like it.

I see the message, I get mad, but then I realize how stupid I (ME!) was to do it in the first place. And sooner or later I don't get anymore.

Don't blame the system for showing you what you did wrong, blame yourself for doing 'the' wrong.

That's utter crap... you're PMD... you never make a mistake!!!!
Quote from PMD9409 :

If i make contact with anyone in any sim i know I've done wrong.
If i get my line wrong and cut a corner in any sim i know I've done wrong.

I don't need something flashing up on screen telling me what i already know.

How hard is that to understand?

I'm not saying remove it, I'm saying there would be absolutely nothing wrong with having an option to turn off the nag during a race. It serves no purpose whatsoever, unless you have some sort of mental defect and dont realise when you've cut a corner or had contact with somene.
It just distracts me, and annoyes the crap out of me when your given one when theres been no contact at all (lag contacts)

If I've been involved in an incident or cut too much of a corner i know it. I can wait until the race is finished to be told how many incident points ive had and how much SR was lost.

Why some of you feel that isnt a reasonable suggestion i just cant fathom. If you love the green messages so much no ones asking you to turn them off. It wouldnt affect you in the slightest.

I'd bet big money the if the option was there to turn off the nags in a race, the majority would.
Quote from StableX :That's utter crap... you're PMD... you never make a mistake!!!!

I freaking wish!

Quote from The Moose :If i make contact with anyone in any sim i know I've done wrong.
If i get my line wrong and cut a corner in any sim i know I've done wrong.

I don't need something flashing up on screen telling me what i already know.

How hard is that to understand?

I'm not saying remove it, I'm saying there would be absolutely nothing wrong with having an option to turn off the nag during a race. It serves no purpose whatsoever, unless you have some sort of mental defect and dont realise when you've cut a corner or had contact with somene.
It just distracts me, and annoyes the crap out of me when your given one when theres been no contact at all (lag contacts)

If I've been involved in an incident or cut too much of a corner i know it. I can wait until the race is finished to be told how many incident points ive had and how much SR was lost.

Why some of you feel that isnt a reasonable suggestion i just cant fathom. If you love the green messages so much no ones asking you to turn them off. It wouldnt affect you in the slightest.

I'd bet big money the if the option was there to turn off the nags in a race, the majority would.

No, it's just that it trys to help you evolve and become a better racer. Even if you got contact from someone else, you'll learn not to get in a situation like it again. If you run off in exit of T3, you won't run off on exit of T3 again. etc etc.

If it bothers you, then you are thinking of it the wrong way. It's not trying to penalize or hurt you, it's there to help you. So why not take that benefit?

Plus, if you have the ability to hide it, then you'll have people complaining about where they got certain incident points etc.

In other words, too much of a hassle for something that is trying to help you become a better driver.
I do disable the nags during a race, I simply turn 'voice chat disabled during races' on and as a double measure put my head phones on to ensure any nagging from my missus can't be heard either

OT. I think the display showing you what you've done wrong is a good thing, sometimes I want to know whether I've foofed up or not immediately, it is not always crystal clear whether you've had a x0, x2 contact or x4 contact or if you've actually ran off the track or not.

I have to say that iRacing has made me a lot more consistent and clean due to SR system. I now pay as much attention to avoiding any contact or going off as I would probably do if I was driving for real.

Oh yes it is a pain in the arse especially at higher license levels when it becomes tricky to keep your SR up.

I don't see how they could work SR any differently TBH. For pick-up, the racing is as clean as you'll get because of it.

Yep there are flaws with the lag issues, but I can say after nearly having 160 races the imaginary x4 doesn't happen that often at all.
Quote from AlienT. :

Oh yes it is a pain in the arse especially at higher license levels when it becomes tricky to keep your SR up.

I did laugh my head off just after you got your class B and took to the radical and went down to I think just below 2 on the SR - hahahahaha!
Quote from PMD9409 :

If it bothers you, then you are thinking of it the wrong way.

A true convert.
Considering I got the 3-month discount available I think I'll be trying IRacing again. A shame they make you use the discount before an expiration date though, wanted to wait for the Lotus 79 to come out.

Not to mention the last time I tried it I had an old barely working graphics card, I couldn't stay in the menus for more than 5 sec before the game crashed. Hopefully the new card will be better.
Quote from Rappa Z :Considering I got the 3-month discount available I think I'll be trying IRacing again. A shame they make you use the discount before an expiration date though, wanted to wait for the Lotus 79 to come out.

Not to mention the last time I tried it I had an old barely working graphics card, I couldn't stay in the menus for more than 5 sec before the game crashed. Hopefully the new card will be better.

good luck - hope the new card works I get to try my new PC with it in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to try the shadows on
Got to admit the iracing forums make some interesting reading. You've got professional racing drivers arguing with professional race engineers who are arguing with sim racers about whether the set-up options are real or not and how they compare to the real world

Actually I'm very impressed with the resumes of a lot of iRacings members.

What I can gather from all this is that setting up a car is defiantely not an exact science either in real life or in a simulation. No matter how many text books on motor engineering you read doesn't mean your going to find that 'ultimate' set up any time soon.

Anyway back to munching on popcorn...!
Quote from AlienT. :Got to admit the iracing forums make some interesting reading. You've got professional racing drivers arguing with professional race engineers who are arguing with sim racers about whether the set-up options are real or not and how they compare to the real world

Actually I'm very impressed with the resumes of a lot of iRacings members.

What I can gather from all this is that setting up a car is defiantely not an exact science either in real life or in a simulation. No matter how many text books on motor engineering you read doesn't mean your going to find that 'ultimate' set up any time soon.

Anyway back to munching on popcorn...!

Wish I could get a 30.6 quali at Lowes with the Silverado :O::O
Keep trying mate you'll be an Alien like me one day :P (I really do wish I hadn't called myself frikkin Alien on here! I didn't know what it meant at the time, it was my online poker name).

I want to know how someone can manage a 1:18 in the Radical at Laguna.....! Best I have got so far is a 1:22, go on Andy see if you can beat that??

I'm going to use the LM for learning oval, too many fast and dangerous folks in the truck!

Have you tried the LM on a road course,? It would be a drifters dream car. It is actually a lot of fun. We need more tin top road cars.
Quote from AlienT. :Keep trying mate you'll be an Alien like me one day :P (I really do wish I hadn't called myself frikkin Alien on here! I didn't know what it meant at the time, it was my online poker name).

I want to know how someone can manage a 1:18 in the Radical at Laguna.....! Best I have got so far is a 1:22, go on Andy see if you can beat that??

I'm going to use the LM for learning oval, too many fast and dangerous folks in the truck!

Have you tried the LM on a road course,? It would be a drifters dream car. It is actually a lot of fun. We need more tin top road cars.

hahaha, ok, I'm going to try that but I doubt I can get near your Radical time mate...... 1.23.3 after 6 laps. 1.18 is a no-no
The Silverado is awesome on oval! Never thought I'd find oval so much fun as I have with the kick arse system they now have on iRacing.

I did make a post in the feedback section of the iRacing forum for Ron though...... about the SR incident points.. one comment was very justified:
Quote :

Then there would be a bunch of guys saying "I never ran off the track and I got a 1X, What the @#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Very true... would get more naggers -

Yeah, we can't think for ourselves anymore, completely lost sane judgement and worship the tin god called iRacing. We also believe in the unique legitimacy of our creed and that people like you must be purged. We're a sect, end of story.
Quote from Linsen :Yeah, we can't think for ourselves anymore, completely lost sane judgement and worship the tin god called iRacing. We also believe in the unique legitimacy of our creed and that people like you must be purged. We're a sect, end of story.

Amazing to think iRacing was influenced by the spirit of Ron Hubbard
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG