The online racing simulator
Mclaren are boned!

I think this season will be similar to 04, they might come back at the end.
McLaren will definitely come back.

That aside, does anyone think it's odd that this season's RBR front-end looks strangely similar to McLaren's during the past two seasons?
Quote from Mustafur :Kubica and Massa are saying the Brawns pace is real, which would be the biggest surprise in F1 history that a team can debut with the fastest car on the grid.

Massa and kubica were doing Qualifiying runs and the Brawn was over a second faster!

Privateer teams FTW!!

ill take back my comment about Brawn being midfield now..

Button for WDC?
I guess Buttons near career threating fetish with honda is starting to pay off.

Should be Privateer Team with Car Developed Under Manufacturers Backing and Support FTW

So not really a true privateer team. Without Honda in the first place their wouldn't be a team or a decent car now either.

Still a remarkable job though
Assuming their pace is real then they really need to rack up the points early doors as the other teams, especially the biggies, will be developing all the time and with such new regulations we could see big changes in fortunes as teams make big strides, or go completely the wrong way on development.
what could hurt brawn due to their lack of preseason testing is not pace but reliability, cars that appear late have an anoying habit of failing under race conditions for a couple of races, add in a new engine and transmission which the car was originally not designed for and they may have problems though at least the merc is supposed to have good heat rejection figures and need less cooling than the ferrari engine for example
Right now that is probably their main problem, rubens said that they used the same engine for 4 tests without any problems so there engine is fine the transmittion and hydrolics are probably the most worrying though.
well transmission is usually used for a few races too isn't it?
Brawn had been doing qualifying and race simulations all through Barcelona, and the car seems to have run without any reliability issues. If their running weight was legal, then they could turn out to be an awesome wildcard.

Anyway, there is still one more test. McLaren, Brawn, Renault, and Williams are running on the final test this week, so be prepared for the timesheets to be shuffled again.
Quote from samjh :Brawn had been doing qualifying and race simulations all through Barcelona, and the car seems to have run without any reliability issues. If their running weight was legal, then they could turn out to be an awesome wildcard.

Anyway, there is still one more test. McLaren, Brawn, Renault, and Williams are running on the final test this week, so be prepared for the timesheets to be shuffled again.

lol Imagine if McLaren put in some serious pace? The world could actually implode! I doubt that would happen tho.... McLaren going fast that is!

another web video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

hhmm...
the betting odds of Button winning the Australian GP has dropped to 7/2, compared to the 100-1 earlier this week, or even 66-1 a few days ago.
This is probably going to be the only(/last) chance for Button to show what he's worth...
Quote from bbman :This is probably going to be the only(/last) chance for Button to show what he's worth...

Indeed.

He's not the only one. Toyota are hanging their hopes on this season, Mallya seems a little... coy about his F1 adventure, Brawn will find themselves in the dumpster if they can't find any major sponsors, and the future of STR is dependent on whether they can fund their own design and manufacturing operation.

Unless the global recession lifts some time during this year, quite a few drivers will need to start knocking on doors.
Quote from samjh :Unless the global recession lifts some time during this year,

And that aint gonna happen
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :the betting odds of Button winning the Australian GP has dropped to 7/2, compared to the 100-1 earlier this week, or even 66-1 a few days ago.

Intresting...might lay that for a couple £'s on Betfair latter on.
Riight, Jerez testing underway, so far all I've heard is that Alonso has put one of the Renaults into the barriers, Mclaren haven't even hit the track yet (people are speculation logistical problems are the cause), and so far only Williams and Brawn have set lap times, with Brawn/Barrichello being faster then Williams/Hulkenberg.

EDIT: From what I've been able to find off F1technical.net.

1. R. Barrichello Brawn GP BGP 001 1:19.808 69
2. N. Hülkenberg Williams FW31 1:20.013 +0.205 46

Can anyone point me to one of those websites doing the live timing?
Ta.

Mclaren are surely in the brown stuff now.
I wonder why McLaren have chosen not to test today? :/
Some people reckon they've got logistical issues, they're probrably shipping some new components out and they've got held up.
Well hopefully tomorrow they are up with Brawn (Highly doubt it, but...)
Mclaren have already admitted they are struggling, so don't get your hopes up for the first half of the season at least.

Ferrari have also started whinging again about how the new regulations have disadvantaged them, which probrbaly means they're struggling a bit too.
hmm im expecting bmw to fight for the championship this season
probably with ferrari, maybe mclaren or even brawn
they got a huge advantage with the KERS in races
I think Brawn is gunna get an amazing start to the season but slowly the ferrari and McLaren will start catching up.. I think BMW might be in the top 3 but I still doupt they'll be champs. The KERS system could be an advantage just as it could be a disadvantage because of the extra weight it adds and were it adds it. If they managed to balance the car properly with KERS then it might be fast but I'd still doupt it'll keep up with the Brawn.
Quote from 5haz :Mclaren have already admitted they are struggling, so don't get your hopes up for the first half of the season at least.

Ferrari have also started whinging again about how the new regulations have disadvantaged them, which probrbaly means they're struggling a bit too.

Yeah read it, they said they have problems with reliability (breaking down) not speed. This season can be on its head, something really different

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG