The online racing simulator
Quote from Ziploc :Scawen: Why has the 'sequentail hold clutch' been taken away from ALL the cars?

I used the technique of holding the stick back for a longer change or to give me more time to revmatch.

Well, IMHO a real car does not function this way therefore neither should LFS :hide:
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Well, IMHO a real car does not function this way therefore neither should LFS :hide:

how many hatchbacks with semi automatic gearboxes are there in the real world ?
Thanks for patch T!
So, we need to download 30 Mbytes else again??? What are difference between S and T patches?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Well, IMHO a real car does not function this way therefore neither should LFS :hide:

Not necesarily in a real car sequential lever doesn't interact with the clutch. The player had more control with the 'hold clutch' than now.
Quote from steve :bleh, no FF update or some real graphics..

Did you even try it? FF actually is different because tyres feel different (and better). I remember you once said that in GTL you feel more what the car does, personal opinion which we could make 10 page debait but lots of random FF effects doenst do the trick for me.

"Real graphics"? Huh? Btw Aston got graphics updates.
Quote from alexoxol :So, we need to download 30 Mbytes else again??? What are difference between S and T patches?

Did you read it? That's what I did, went back to Scawen's first post and READ! Do that and you have your answer.

It states it is compatible with patch S. Fixes a few computer/program crashes folks had (important), some admin codes (switching tracks on server), and having AS6 and AS7 in the server list rather than Aston North and Aston whatever it is.
thanks very much wonderful game, now improved, wohooo
Quote from Shotglass :how many hatchbacks with semi automatic gearboxes are there in the real world ?

Niether is there any in LFS ATM

But if you want to play that game, then fine there should be no automatic clutch in LFS. Use a pedal or a button
Quote from deggis :From what game are you coming from? rFactor/GTL (just a guess)? I find funny this complaining about the "lack of good FF". What kind of FF settings you use (Profiler & game) and what wheel do you have?

I am using GTL but thats not the problem.
I've mentioned this before but here goes again, to get the wheel to center I need it set to about 30-40 stregnth but if I then turn the wheel more than 10-15 degrees it's as if the wheel strength goes to 100 which makes it very heavey.
Yes this may be realistic but as I suffer from RSI in my wrists it's just unplayable even tonight after just 30mins it's hurting and I've had to pack it in.

In GTL it dosn't increase that much when turning the wheel so I can run for many hours without problems.

I've seen other games where you can adjust the FF strength curves but not in LFS and thats what I need.

Apart from that and the sound the game is outstanding now with the new patch.

I do keep it on my HD and every now and again give it a quick run to remind myself what I'm missing.

Oh it's a MOMO and I've had LFS from day one and no amount of setting changes fix this problem short of using the profiler to do the centering but this overides and cancels the FF in the game and give me no usable feedback.
UnLock again?
Just downloaded and installed (S)- had to unlock - ok that's fine...

Now we have a T patch is this also requireing an unlock too? I would like to know before I install?

Thanks

TheEngineer
Quote from TheEngineer :Now we have a T patch is this also requireing an unlock too? I would like to know before I install?

No. The S unlock works with T as well.
Quote from deggis :
"Real graphics"? Huh? Btw Aston got graphics updates.

Is it just me or are there more trees at Aston and Westhill?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :But if you want to play that game, then fine there should be no automatic clutch in LFS. Use a pedal or a button

youre missing the point ... the point is that its irrelevant whether a real sequenatial box works that way or not ... because of controller limitations most of us drive with controlls that behave like a sequential box and the gear change buttons do all the work for us BUT without the clutch hold feature weve lost a bit of control on how exactly lfs does all this for us
Thank you so much for this patch! The cars feel so much more real and I had a blast racing in the LX6. Before I was not even able to drive this car in a streight line. Racing is so much more fun now!
I had high expectations regarding this patch and it is even better than I could imagine.
Quote from Shotglass :youre missing the point ... the point is that its irrelevant whether a real sequenatial box works that way or not ... because of controller limitations most of us drive with controlls that behave like a sequential box and the gear change buttons do all the work for us BUT without the clutch hold feature weve lost a bit of control on how exactly lfs does all this for us

No I saw your guys' point from the beginning. MY point is that it's redundant to complain about the functionality of an inherantly unrealistic operation to begin with, which is why I said just do away with it altogether and force people to clutch with a button or key or pedal. I'm not going to get worked up about it like I've actually seen other people do lol, but forcing people to clutch manually in the appropriate cars would be a good thing I think. It's really not that hard. You said yourself that you want more control, well, you'll never have to worry about losing that control if you clutch manually. Even with a button, having to worry about that aspect of the car is inherenantly more true-to-life than using an automatic clutch is. But to each their own.
Quote from F2kSel :I am using GTL but thats not the problem.
I've mentioned this before but here goes again, to get the wheel to center I need it set to about 30-40 stregnth but if I then turn the wheel more than 10-15 degrees it's as if the wheel strength goes to 100 which makes it very heavey.
Yes this may be realistic but as I suffer from RSI in my wrists it's just unplayable even tonight after just 30mins it's hurting and I've had to pack it in.

I've seen other games where you can adjust the FF strength curves but not in LFS and thats what I need.
myself what I'm missing.

Oh it's a MOMO and I've had LFS from day one and no amount of setting changes fix this problem short of using the profiler to do the centering but this overides and cancels the FF in the game and give me no usable feedback.

are you sure you have correct Profiler settings? Put Damper & Spring effects to 0% (and of course centering spring should be turned completely off too, you probably know this). Lower the overall effects strenght in the Profiler too (between 50-100%) - do especially that if you feel it's too heavy. In LFS with less FF you feel more. It might not feel like it after GTL - which is for me full of random canned FF effects.

But I actually prefer Richard Burns Rally's FF feel over LFS's, in LFS I miss the curbs and bumps (altough LFS tracks aren't that bumpy) which should feel more rough. And the sometimes weird too light center area. I have black MOMO too.

ps. There's one value at least which you can change for better FF. I'm not sure what it exactly does but try it: "From LFS main folder, open cfg.txt, find line FF Steps, type 256 save and quit"
hey, why on lfs.net did the front page picture go from the f1 car back to the xfr.. the f1 car pic was damn sexy
Quote from Vendetta :hey, why on lfs.net did the front page picture go from the f1 car back to the xfr.. the f1 car pic was damn sexy

woot? BF1 still here.

vendetta illepall

"Also: many other improvements"

Not really the best advertising slogan...
Torrents
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :EGAD, this workday is DRAGGING ON

Maybe I should leave the forums and actually do work to make the day go faster

Jump out a window, or download LFS at work. But you should have called a sicky.

And because I'm such a nice boy. Think of you. Just for you BBT
Thank You Scavier
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Jump out a window, or download LFS at work. But you should have called a sicky.

And because I'm such a nice boy. Think of you. Just for you BBT

ROFL

PS Luckily I am at home finally, just got the patch installed.... When boys go to bed (they're tired... really...) then it's time...
Quote from Vendetta :hey, why on lfs.net did the front page picture go from the f1 car back to the xfr.. the f1 car pic was damn sexy

you were at work before also weren't you!

Hit F5

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG