The online racing simulator
Quote from Festy :Thanks Gentlefoot. I think my reply was the unclear one. I did have the zip file in the LFS directory, and I chose to "extract here". I also had to choose "yes" to overwrite (update) files that already existed. I also tried to extract it through winzip as well. Unless I'm missing something major (and if I am, boy will my face be red ), I can't see what else I may be doing wrong.

It could be you have some other files that you've modified that aren't being overwritten, but aren't compatible with the new patch for some reason?

Might be worth d/l'ing the full S2S version and dumping it on a dif partition etc just to check, you can always troubleshoot/move stuff around later, for now, I bet you just wanna try that BF1 hehe
got it working, really cool well done devs love the new tyre physics more than BF1!! so much more real, my fav bit is doing a burnout in xrt and seeing the michelin stickers spin around lol illepall
Quote from Festy :Thanks Gentlefoot. I think my reply was the unclear one. I did have the zip file in the LFS directory, and I chose to "extract here". I also had to choose "yes" to overwrite (update) files that already existed. I also tried to extract it through winzip as well. Unless I'm missing something major (and if I am, boy will my face be red ), I can't see what else I may be doing wrong.

hmm - strange. Sounds like you've done what I did. Try searching for the file it can't find. Maybe it really is missing for some reason
Well I still have the problem too festy and i'm not doing anything wrong either so join the club.
I just downloaded one from a german mirror and it's still not working.
Thaaaankssss a lot for the patch!!
Fantastic job, big thanks to the dev team!
#132 - tpa
Wee, awesome. Though I only got to play with <30 fps and mouse, since I am at my parents place for the weekend, I can already tell how greatly the tyre physics have improved. I love how the tyres regain grip

Can't wait until I get home on sunday! I am stunned! Thanks you devs for all the hard work!
Quote from Festy :Unless I'm missing something major (and if I am, boy will my face be red ), I can't see what else I may be doing wrong.

Ummm... my face is red. I have just discovered that I have two versions of LFS on my computer. One much older than the others.
I may have that too. What did you do, did you have to delete them
Hail the devs! lol, good work guys
lol - glad you sorted it m8.
Quote from nutty boy :Well I still have the problem too festy and i'm not doing anything wrong either so join the club.
I just downloaded one from a german mirror and it's still not working.

Not sure what to suggest, Nutty. Go over it again and check it all. I was simply overlooking the fact that I had a folder titled "LFS" and was dumping the zip file in a folder titled "Live For Speed". "LFS" was the folder it needed to be in. The other thing is, I actually figured this out when moving the newly downloaded zip file to the folder, so, I still can't rule out that the original zip file was dodgy, but my guess is that it was just operator (me) error.
I have a folder titled data and inside that I have another folder titled data.
Also I copied the data folder the other day as a back up in case it did go wrong.
Could any of these be a problem?
Thanks for the great patch DEVS (ant the traction control:headbang: )

You can downloat the patch on my website @ PC Games & PC Hardware (Registration needed to see the download link)
Quote from nutty boy :I may have that too. What did you do, did you have to delete them

No. I'll delete the older one (I think it's version S1 0.3A) later.
It's probably unlikely that any of the download mirrors are dodgy, I mean, there'd be a lot more complaints I think. I used the first of the two UK mirrors, 230kb/s, no problems

There shouldn't be a second data folder inside the original one...
I don't think I have S1 still on my computer
Quote from nutty boy :I have a folder titled data and inside that I have another folder titled data.
Also I copied the data folder the other day as a back up in case it did go wrong.

This sounds like it might be the problem. I have no "data" folder within the "data" folder. You may have extracted to the wrong folder?
Quote from Gentlefoot :lol - glad you sorted it m8.

Thanks for your ideas, Gentle.
Quote from nutty boy :I have a folder titled data and inside that I have another folder titled data.

You need to extract the patch to the top level i.e LFS folder and replace existing files. Do not extract into the data folder. If you have two data folders one inside the other then my guess is the top level one will be the only one that does anything. My guess is you can delete the other one.

If that doesn't work, download the full version to a completely different location and apply the patch to the new installation. That will rule out any corruption of your old version.
Great addition to LFS.

I had a quick go at Blackwood in the XF GTi and it seems a lot easier to get into corners now, no washing out or losing grip when it shouldn't on the slow/tight corners. Muchos more fun.

The Sauber is an absolute blast, it's a four wheeled missile. I love the grinding noise from riding the TC too. I was worried the car would simply be too fast for most of the LFS tracks but after trying Blackwood and a few Aston configs it seems like there is a reasonable balance between them all.
Inside LFS folder there should be

data folder
docs folder
LFs.exe
card_cfg
cfg
deb (maybe)
interface_cfg
README

It might be worth putting the .zip in here, so you just need to do 'extract here' and it should ask you if you want to overwrite LFS.exe etc.

Inside data should be the following folders:
abc
dds
drv
hmn
knw
language
layout
lesson
misc
move
mpr
ogg
pic
settings
skins
skins_x
smx
snd
spr
veh
wld

Sounds like you extracted the zip into the data folder maybe?
Great, great, great.

A big thanks to the LFS dev team, awesome work guys
I'm having a blast! Thank you very much devs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG