The online racing simulator
Best-looking small car ever?
(181 posts, started )
Wait a minute, just figured it out. That shifter isn't factory stock. It's a Frex shifter!
I liked those "winter" wheels more. They're more "hardcore". Those summer wheels just look like their made for cruising in the city. I also want that steering wheel.

And about the shifter position, it's not like I won't like it being close to the steering wheel, that's a good thing. But I think it looks just a bit stupid when it comes from the dash instead of the floor. You can have the shifter close to the steering wheel even when it comes from the floor. I used to have a long shifter with shortened ratio (or how I should call it) it felt really awesome and was close to the wheel. But I had to replace it with stock shifter because it weirdly made an annoying rattling sound while giving the right foot.
Quote from BigPeBe :I liked those "winter" wheels more. They're more "hardcore". Those summer wheels just look like their made for cruising in the city. I also want that steering wheel.

And about the shifter position, it's not like I won't like it being close to the steering wheel, that's a good thing. But I think it looks just a bit stupid when it comes from the dash instead of the floor. You can have the shifter close to the steering wheel even when it comes from the floor. I used to have a long shifter with shortened ratio (or how I should call it) it felt really awesome and was close to the wheel. But I had to replace it with stock shifter because it weirdly made an annoying rattling sound while giving the right foot.

I can't speak from first hand experience but it's very good shift, apparently.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I can't speak from first hand experience but it's very good shift, apparently.

and that made sense i also have no first hand experience with this shifter so i think it's best i don't comment on something i know nothing about.
Quote from dadge :and that made sense

It does if you bloody well read it bud!

Nearly every review I've read of it says the shift action is very good and the position is awesome.
My favourite of all smaller cars, especially as they only made 600 of these in this particular colour (miami blue) , 300 of the 1.6 litre and 300 of the 1.9 litre.

Quote from S14 DRIFT : It does if you bloody well read it bud!

this is how i read your very difficult post; "i have never used one of those shifters. they're very good. because i read it"

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Nearly every review I've read of it says the shift action is very good and the position is awesome.

i myself have never used that shifter so i couldn't really comment on how good it is. . so what you've read a review. i once read that there's a monster in a lake in Scotland.
The Civic gear shift, at least on that mark, is widely heralded as one of the all time great shifts - feel, precision, throw, force, slop - it comes out brilliantly in them all. And, I might add, it gives the MX-5 shift a run for it's money. You'd be hard pushed to find two better cars for gear level feel without spending silly amounts of money.

No, I haven't driven one. But do you REALLY need to. Did you believe that New York existed before you went there? Do you believe that space is a vacuum without having been there? If you refuse to believe things you've read then your education must have been pretty lacking.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It does if you bloody well read it bud!

Nearly every review I've read of it says the shift action is very good and the position is awesome.

Dadge smokes pot regularly, of course it doesn't make sense to him.
Quote from BlueFlame :Dadge smokes pot regularly, of course it doesn't make sense to him.

Heh.

Dadge I'd really appreciate it if you stopped taking things out of context and at least try to stay on topic.
nothing taken out of context here m8, and on topic (just like your post). my point was that you can't believe everything you read. yeah sure there's reviews, but until you've tried something yourself then you can't give a 100% definate recomendation. you can only go by what you've read, which again could be fiction.
I'd agree but considering both Top Gear mag, Autocar and Evo all said the same thing. If one said it was good, one said it was rubbish and one said average I'd be more skeptical.
I got a red card for stating the TRUTH.
Golf GTi, MK2.
Quote from BlueFlame :I got a red card for stating the TRUTH.

no you got that red card for insulting another forum member.
Nice looking car
I hope it comes available for NK
Quote from dadge :no you got that red card for insulting another forum member.

Didn't insult you, it's the truth, you DIDN'T understand what Jamie said, and you DO smoke pot regularly. Both you've made clear on these forums. I wouldn't mind a red card for stating the obvious truth, but I really don't see how that was an insult to you.

I quite like the new Colt. Baby Evo at the front anyone?
You guys are missing the point. Its just a matter of taste and trust on brands of cars.

This will do it for me. I dont care what you guys say, I still will love it.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :http://www.autoblog.com/2009/0 ... va-preview-alfa-mito-gta/

OMG!! I dunno about you, but this looks awesome! I'm even about to think this looks better than the Brera! And it has the power to match. 1.8T pushing out 240bhp. Let's hope the Reviews bring this up too.

Hmmm.. I think it's a step in the wrong direction for Alfa personally. Alfa's have always had a classic italian flair look to them, this looks like pretty much any other boy racer clone IMO, with the exception of the front grill etc it could very easily be an Audi or Ford.

I think the Brera is a much better looking car. What they should have done was produced a smaller clone of that car.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You guys are missing the point. Its just a matter of taste and trust on brands of cars.

This will do it for me. I dont care what you guys say, I still will love it.

Corsa VXR has been out for quite a while over here now. It's a boy-racer car in any colour, although I bet it's fun!

Best-looking small car ever?
(181 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG